Guys I am thinking about buying X100T but do you think it worth $1099 for a camera that's been out for 2 years especially with xpro 2 out with 23.4 megapixels ? (Current price). Or just wait to see what Fuji brings out this year? Also how do you guys like it? Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, unless you are enamored with it for some reason.

Buy a secondhand X pro 1 (for cheap) or 2 ( if you really want the latest) or (if you can live without the OVF) a  secondhand X-E2

Then buy a 23mm or a 27mm or a zoom ( and all the lenses that you want!) and you will have periodical updates which X-T100 won’t have.

The next X100 will have the new sensor and processor, joystick AF control, improved EVF, Acros film simulation faster AF, and possibly a tilt screen and new lens; however, it may be more expensive.

Do you want those improvements? Are the improvements worth several hundred dollars more to you? The exact difference is hard to say because if the XT2 is more expensive than the X-T1 then the next X100 will likely be more expensive than the X100T.

Edited by darngooddesign

Seems some of the rumors for the X100T replacement are a wider FL lens and a smaller body. I'm thinking about getting an X100T now as well as I'm not keen on a wider FL lens or even changing up the body styling too much.

The next X100 will have the new sensor and processor, joystick AF control, improved EVF, Acros film simulation faster AF, and possibly a tilt screen and new lens; however, it may be more expensive.

Do you want those improvements? Are the improvements worth several hundred dollars more to you? The exact difference is hard to say because if the XT2 is more expensive than the X-T1 then the next X100 will likely be more expensive than the X100T.

Please provide source for all that. Otherwise, you're just speculating.

It is logical that Fuji will use the new sensor so lets examine my "speculation":

New sensor and processor - Fuji would be insane to keep the old 16MP sensor when the new sensor is available.

Joystick AF control - The new sensor has too many AF points to use button presses to move the AF box. Heck, it might even get the X70's touchscreen.

EVFs keep improving like the one in the X100T is better than the one in the X100S

Acros - All that needs is the new sensor so it will be in the next X100

New sensor and processor mean faster AF.

Tilt screen and new lens are speculation, but the existing lens is getting a little old and is a little soft wide open.

Edited by darngooddesign

I agree, unless they want to shoot themselves in the foot the would have to upgrade a number of things on the  X100-T successor.

The precise nature of the improvements is , of course, speculation which, in my book, is the very nature of many of the posts on this forum.

Logic and marketing would have that: in order to keep on selling that type of camera, they have to provide it with, at least, as many innovations as the X-Pro 2.

However, it is true that , and I am heavily speculating here, that we will probably start seeing more and more segmentation and differentiation among the X cameras.

We shall see. Having the latest camera is not compulsive . The type of camera which one uses is hardly the limiting factor in the quality of one’s pictures.

It is logical that Fuji will use the new sensor so lets examine my "speculation":

New sensor and processor - Fuji would be insane to keep the old 16MP sensor when the new sensor is available.

Joystick AF control - The new sensor has too many AF points to use button presses to move the AF box. Heck, it might even get the X70's touchscreen.

EVFs keep improving like the one in the X100T is better than the one in the X100S

Acros - All that needs is the new sensor so it will be in the next X100

New sensor and processor mean faster AF.

Tilt screen and new lens are speculation, but the existing lens is getting a little old and is a little soft wide open.

Well, for starters, ACROS doesn't require the new sensor at all. It requires the X Processor Pro.

Secondly it makes absolutely no business sense to release a camera that, if we go by your description, is essentially an X-Pro2 with a fixed lens, so soon after the release of the X-Pro2. If something similar to what you describe were going to replace the X100T, it would make no business sense to release it until at least a year had passed after the release of the X-Pro2.

How’s this not a speculation? Is you crystal ball better than anyone else’s?

It will be there when it will be there and it is going to be what it it’s going to be. Unless you work there or your surname is Fuji, no one knows for sure.

Of course it's speculation, just like everything else said in this thread. Difference is, I've no problem accepting that it's speculation, whereas some of the posters in here are quite self assured.

It’s a free world! In the immortal words of the Beatles... Let it be, there wil be an answer...

It would definitely be nice if it were a free world, however it is not!

Anyway, to get back on topic...

I had the X100T before I upgraded to the X-Pro2 in March.

The X100T is a very nice camera, but at that price it really does need a price drop to make it more palatable. I just checked Amazon.co.uk and it's on there for £760 ($1076), and in my opinion that's still too much.

As has been suggested already, an X-Pro1 would be sufficient (if OVF is a must), or alternatively an X-E2.

Despite general and more important problems in the world showing the certain lack of global freedom, rather than applying these words to assessing when a camera will arrive and what it will be like :rolleyes:  I don’t see anyone with a gun to my head telling me what to do think about such an insignificant glitch in the daily news. There is much more out there to worry about that this petty things.

Well, for starters, ACROS doesn't require the new sensor at all. It requires the X Processor Pro.

Secondly it makes absolutely no business sense to release a camera that, if we go by your description, is essentially an X-Pro2 with a fixed lens, so soon after the release of the X-Pro2. If something similar to what you describe were going to replace the X100T, it would make no business sense to release it until at least a year had passed after the release of the X-Pro2.

Fuji said Acros also requires the new higher-res sensor because of the size of the grain.

I never speculated on the release date, only the hardware upgrades.

So tell me why each thing I listed will not be in the next X100, whenever it is released.

Edited by darngooddesign

Fuji said Acros also requires the new higher-res sensor because of the size of the grain.

I never speculated on the release date, only the hardware upgrades.

So tell me why each thing I listed will not be in the next X100, whenever it is released.

Oh so you are speculating then?

Because you were stating with authority that the successor 'will have' etc etc etc

Well I don't need to be part of the XT2's design team to say with some certainty that it will have the new sensor, processor, AF joystick, and an improved EVF.

But I listed why I think the next X100 will have the features I mentioned, feel free to refute those reasons.

Edited by darngooddesign

I am definitely buying the xt-2 but was trying to decide if I should get the x100t also

If you plan to buy an XT2, then hold off buying X100T until a new version comes out. I have an XT1 and used to have an X100S, but found that the layout and feel of the buttons were different enough where switching between the 2 cameras didn't feel instinctive and natural. Plus the X100S didn't have wifi and chrome. So I decided to get an X100T instead and found the XT1 and the X100T matched pretty well and I can have both cameras on me and switch back and forth between the 2 without having to think too much - one seems to continue where the other left off. I hope I'm conveying this clearly enough. 

Edited by plaidshirts

• 2 weeks later...

I have the xp2 and the x100s. The xp2 kinda ruins the x100s for me. I still like it and use it instead of the xp2 for a lot of day to day stuff but I find myself missing the xp2. I think if they make the next x100 with the sensor, processor, focusing system, and joystick of the xpro2 it will be one awesome camera that I will gladly fork out some cash for. Since it is such a small camera a touch screen seems to make more sense than a joystick. Which would be fine with me. Plus if they make it weather sealed... oh yeah. 

I forgot to mention the flare control on the x100 is not good. It gets hazy really fast with bright light coming in from the edges. It can be annoying. 

Edited by PDiddy

I am definitely buying the xt-2 but was trying to decide if I should get the x100t also

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I recommend you to enjoy your X-E2 for a while. If you find that you:

- don't use T-setting for selecting shutter speed

- don't use cluster (Fuji calls it zone) focussing

- don't use auto-ISO settings with minimum speed above 1/125 of a second

then consider the X-100T. Fuji has left it behind the other cameras with a lack of firmware updates.

~~~~~~~~

Edit. I misread it as if you wanted to buy the X-E2. The X-100T will be even more behind the X-T2.

Edited by Immanuel