DOWNLOAD NOW :: Massive FUJIFILM FIrmware Updates :: Bug Fixes + Improvements for X-series cameras / lenses!

Patrick FR

I don’t know it it is possible but I really think it is best to do this one by one, why would they, otherwise, tell you to do this on a formatted card?

If the camera could, without any problems, chose the software it needs among all the data on the card without any interference formatting wouldn’t be necessary.

I think that it is best to do all operations one by one. Remember that if you camera gets mixed up with conflicting data you might not be able to restore its functions alone for the same reason that downgrading is not possible.

Thanks for your reply. It is of course required to use a formatted card, otherwise the card won't be readable in the first place. It is not mentioned that only one file should be put on the card. Since all upgrade files have their unique name (i.e. FWUP0001.DAT, FWUP0005.DAT, XFUP0018.DAT, etc) I expect the camera kwows what file to select for upgrade.

When I want to upgrade all my different cameras and lenses, can I then put all upgrade files in one go onto an SD card, then put it into the camera and let the camera decide what file it needs.

What do you think?

For the reasons that I’ve mentioned before, I would certainly err on the side of caution and do the updatedsone by one.  What have you got to lose? A bit of time?

The number of things that could go wrong are very high (certainly if you are upgrading a number of lenses) and the, even remote, possibility that you would then have to send your camera for service to reupload all the software frankly speaking would scare me.

What is the benefit? Saving few minutes? Not worth the risk!

Thanks for your reply. It is of course required to use a formatted card, otherwise the card won't be readable in the first place. It is not mentioned that only one file should be put on the card. Since all upgrade files have their unique name (i.e. FWUP0001.DAT, FWUP0005.DAT, XFUP0018.DAT, etc) I expect the camera kwows what file to select for upgrade.

When I want to upgrade all my different cameras and lenses, can I then put all upgrade files in one go onto an SD card, then put it into the camera and let the camera decide what file it needs.

What do you think?

Yes, you can. I do it exactly this way. All DAT files for camera(s) and lenses should be in the root directory of SD card. That's it.

Edited by mdm

Just for people information.

I did once put the wrong firmware for the lens I was updating on the card ( I was doing them one at a time, but I got mixed up) and when I tried to install that firmware on the wrong lens the camera came up with a message saying. Firmware not found or firmware incorrect. It would not let me use the wrong one.

Maybe some comfort to those planning on the do it all at once approach. Me personally I am with Milandro, its probably not neccessary but any step I can take to stop me from bricking my camera I will take, its not that much work. I upgraded the camera and 4 lens just now and it took me 15 minutes.

G

Cheers!  :)

It is obvious from previous reports concerning malfunctions following updates that, despite the camera having protection against our behavior, things may and indeed do go wrong.

http://www.fuji-x-forum.com/index.php?s=3dda3d5b748850e5d567273a76d8c4ba&app=googlecse#gsc.tab=0&gsc.q=not%20working%20after%20update

So, erring on the safe side of updating is something which MIGHT prevent malfunctions generated by potential conflicts. The more variables you introduce the more possibilities there are for things to go wrong.

IF... things go wrong, sometimes it will be possible to try re-installing the firmware hoping that the camera will complete parts of the firmware which weren’t copied.

But this doesn’t always work.

IF... it doesn’t I am facing sending the camera away for several weeks ( lab is in Germany we don’t have one in the NL) where they will do the overwriting of the firmware with a turn around not inferior to 6 weeks.

AS I said.

Err on the side of caution!

What do you think?

Yes, you can.

Well 3 cheers to Fuji for the recent updates, how good is this. Never had as much support for any other brand I've had, I cannot fault the Kaizen.  I did notice that my 50-230 MkI didn't get an update but it doesn't worry me at all. I guess that the innards are not able to be adjusted. Still praise for Fuji for Kaizen. 

When I want to upgrade all my different cameras and lenses, can I then put all upgrade files in one go onto an SD card, then put it into the camera and let the camera decide what file it needs (i.e. FWUP0001.DAT, FWUP0005.DAT, XFUP0018.DAT, etc)?

I tried to do that and I got a card error message, so it was back to one at a time!

My XT1 is v4.3 and 18-55 is v3.12. 

So is mine but the Fuji update site lists the new FW as v4.31 and v3.20 but the 'update' is the same as the existing FW.

Edit: All sorted, seems I had the previous version of the FW lurking on the computer and as the updates use the same file name it was the old file that was copied onto the sd card.

Note to self, tidy up old FW after use!

Edited by r_e_m

:mellow: OK, I've tried 3 times now to upgrade to the new XPro2 BODY firmware.

Each has resulted in the error message "No firmware found in slot 1".

I've reformatted the card each time,  used another (new) card after the first attempted failure, downloaded the firmware fresh again each time using the FujiFilm link (after trashing the previous download), and I'm still getting the same error. This is not my first rodeo.

Anyone else on a Mac having this issue?

When I want to upgrade all my different cameras and lenses, can I then put all upgrade files in one go onto an SD card, then put it into the camera and let the camera decide what file it needs (i.e. FWUP0001.DAT, FWUP0005.DAT, XFUP0018.DAT, etc)?

yes you can do that, i did it exactly that way.