X-T10 eyecup?

Hi there,

after some consideration, I finally got the X-T10 for my girlfriend.

She's happy so far with the camera, though the main issue she's going through is the EVF.

Out on the field, especially in sunny day, the lack of an extended eye cup it's very annoying.

I've looked for an eye cup but I couldn't find anything specifically for this camera.

Except for an adapter and a X-T1, the latter won't fit.

Any suggestion?

By the way,i just ordered this, and he indicated he now has the version that does not block the eye sensor. So be sure to ask for that version.

Can you please give an update when you receive the new adapter? I actually stumbled onto that when looking for a solution to the terrible eyecup design on the X-T10 and would like to know how it turns out. I'm curious how far it sticks out and how much of the LCD screen it blocks. I was also wondering if other smaller eyecups could be adapted. I like the fact that I can slip the camera into my hoodie pocket but the DK-19 is pretty big. I've read that there are issues with tilting the screen as well as the view through the adapter getting in the way of the corners of the viewfinder.

• 2 weeks later...

The "new" model does not block the eye sensor.  My guess is that it sticks out abut 3/4" and only obscures about 1/4', in a half-moon shape, at the top of the LCD.  No issues with the tilting screen if you pull it out from the bottom.  I can do more accurate measurements if wanted and a picture as well.  Too late to do that tonight.

• 2 weeks later...

The "new" model does not block the eye sensor.  My guess is that it sticks out abut 3/4" and only obscures about 1/4', in a half-moon shape, at the top of the LCD.  No issues with the tilting screen if you pull it out from the bottom.  I can do more accurate measurements if wanted and a picture as well.  Too late to do that tonight.

Yes anymore information regarding the new adapter and pictures would be great. Which eyecup are you using with the adapter?

The combination of the shapeways adapter and the Nikon eyecup.  Images attached, taken in a hurry.  

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Can you please give an update when you receive the new adapter? I actually stumbled onto that when looking for a solution to the terrible eyecup design on the X-T10 and would like to know how it turns out. I'm curious how far it sticks out and how much of the LCD screen it blocks. I was also wondering if other smaller eyecups could be adapted. I like the fact that I can slip the camera into my hoodie pocket but the DK-19 is pretty big. I've read that there are issues with tilting the screen as well as the view through the adapter getting in the way of the corners of the viewfinder.

Hey sorry for the delay in getting back to you.  I received the version with the cutout for the eye sensor, and I'm pretty pleased.  The assembly isn't quite as snug as I'd like, but given the amount of material to work with on the camera body, it's fine.  The eye sensor appears to work normally, and the Nikon eye cup really helps to block out sunlight in bright conditions.  I'd say it's definitely worth the money.

As another poster stated, using the articulating screen can be a little difficult with the eye cup mounted, but it is still usable.  Just have to be careful not to pop the cup assembly off with the screen.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...