New Fujifilm NP-W126 Mark2 Batteries Coming !!!

• 2 weeks later...

Now that would explain why the pre-production X-T2s are being sent out with NP-W126 batteries. I think everyone assumed/hoped for a new battery; if Fuji are pulling a Canon and simply revising the same battery housing, that gives us that 'new' battery whilst still making the camera compatible with the older batteries.

I thought it was weird it had the W126. A revised W126 coming explains it perfectly.

I sure hope the new battery has greater capacity. I'm worried about the X-T2. My X-Pro2 gets significantly less shots per charge than my X-T1 (X-Pro2 in high performance mode). Yesterday at a shoot, I took about 375 images with the X-Pro2 and I had to change batteries twice... so 2 fully charged new Fuji batteries plus a bit. That is well under 200 shots per battery... 

That is what I miss most from my Nikons... easy all day battery life. 

While a slight increase in capacity would be appreciated, really Fuji should be designing cameras with batteries that are twice as big.

Really all these mirrorless cameras should be "L" shaped with super large batteries in the grip, having a large grip sticking out the front doesn't actually impact portability because lenses always stick out at least an inch or two anyways.

And it would make the cameras much more comfortable and secure to hold, I'm really surprised so many flat faced cameras made it to market, keeping the grip flat doesn't improve the user experience in any way.

Edited by 9.V.III

Really all these mirrorless cameras should be "L" shaped with super large batteries in the grip...

I'm quite happy with flat-compactness of my X-E2 and a single NP-W126 is enough for my whole day, so I dont like all mirrorless cameras be L,M or N shaped. Thanks a lot but NO.

I'm quite happy with flat-compactness of my X-E2 and a single NP-W126 is enough for my whole day, so I dont like all mirrorless cameras be L,M or N shaped. Thanks a lot but NO.

Even the pancakes stick out way farther than the current grips do, there is no actual use scenario where you would lose portability by having a moderately sized grip.

For those of you looking for a battery now...I've been using these in my X-Pro1 for the past couple of weeks and I'm very impressed with them.  I'm going to buy some for my X70 and more for my Pro1 and T1 as well.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00YNUYPNG/

I took one to the Trump Protest and was extremely impressed with the life of the battery.  The cost is really nice as well, and they appear to have just a bit more capacity as well.  Like I said, I'm picking some up in the N95 variety to try out in my X70, but if they are anything like the 126's I know I'll like them...

Higher capacity is always welcome; however, switching off high performance mode seems to add 100 extra photos to my XT-10's life.

100% agree!

On my XP1, using power save mode, I generally get an extra 200+ shots per battery.

I'll end up writing about this on my X-Pro1 site, but IMO for general 'walk about' photography, I don't need the extra speed, and the extra life is nice.

Of course, if I need the speed (sic) of the XP1, I just turn power save mode off

I'm still excited about a improved capacity battery through :)

It's about the only thing I miss from the DSLR days... battery life... yes, yes I know - batts are small, cheap and easy to carry on MILC, but there's something nice about having a longer battery life!

Want to know another inconsequential, yet pleasing aspect of using power save mode on the XP1?

When the battery gague drops to "60%" (ie only 2 bars remaining) it means you have about 150 shots left, rather than about 30 !!!!

I am assuming that the current NP-W126 made for the X-T1 and X-T10 will continue to work in the X-T2 as well as the new battery made for the X-T2???

I have 8 of those batteries, as my late wife and I both used them, and they worked fine for us in our X-T1's and 10's.

Jerry

I am assuming that the current NP-W126 made for the X-T1 and X-T10 will continue to work in the X-T2 as well as the new battery made for the X-T2???

I have 8 of those batteries, as my late wife and I both used them, and they worked fine for us in our X-T1's and 10's.

Jerry

Looks like my question answered on several sites.  Seems the X-T2 will use the current batteries as well as the new one.

Jerry