Clicky

Photo

New Fujifilm NP-W126 Mark2 Batteries Coming !!!

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Patrick FR

Patrick FR

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 842 posts
  • LocationTOP SECRET

Posted 03 June 2016 - 09:25 AM

Advertisement (Gone after free registration)

New Fujifilm NP-W126 Mark2 Batteries Coming !!!

http://www.fujirumor...onymous-source/

#2 Adam Woodhouse

Adam Woodhouse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 07 June 2016 - 02:28 PM

Keeping my fingers crossed for higher mah rating!

TWO Fujifilm X-T2's
16mm/1.4 | 35mm/1.4 | 10-24mm/4 | 16-55mm/2.8 | 50-140/2.8

Rokinon 8mm/2.8

Flashes: Fujifilm EF-X500, iNissin i40 and two Yongnou 565's

Classic Lens Adapters: M42, Canon FD, Nikon and Minolta MD

Adam Woodhouse, Wedding Photographer
Ontario, Canada
http://www.adamwoodhouse.info
Twitter: @woodhousephoto

#3 toiyeumetre

toiyeumetre

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 June 2016 - 02:33 PM

It's exactly what I'm waiting from Fuji.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#4 aceflibble

aceflibble

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 19 June 2016 - 04:49 PM

Now that would explain why the pre-production X-T2s are being sent out with NP-W126 batteries. I think everyone assumed/hoped for a new battery; if Fuji are pulling a Canon and simply revising the same battery housing, that gives us that 'new' battery whilst still making the camera compatible with the older batteries.

I thought it was weird it had the W126. A revised W126 coming explains it perfectly.

#5 deva

deva

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 19 June 2016 - 06:47 PM

I sure hope the new battery has greater capacity. I'm worried about the X-T2. My X-Pro2 gets significantly less shots per charge than my X-T1 (X-Pro2 in high performance mode). Yesterday at a shoot, I took about 375 images with the X-Pro2 and I had to change batteries twice... so 2 fully charged new Fuji batteries plus a bit. That is well under 200 shots per battery... 

That is what I miss most from my Nikons... easy all day battery life. 

#6 9.V.III

9.V.III

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 01:28 AM

While a slight increase in capacity would be appreciated, really Fuji should be designing cameras with batteries that are twice as big.

Really all these mirrorless cameras should be "L" shaped with super large batteries in the grip, having a large grip sticking out the front doesn't actually impact portability because lenses always stick out at least an inch or two anyways.
And it would make the cameras much more comfortable and secure to hold, I'm really surprised so many flat faced cameras made it to market, keeping the grip flat doesn't improve the user experience in any way.

Edited by 9.V.III, 20 June 2016 - 01:33 AM.

• Phil and karin.gottschalk like this

#7 mdm

mdm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 07:38 AM

Really all these mirrorless cameras should be "L" shaped with super large batteries in the grip...

I'm quite happy with flat-compactness of my X-E2 and a single NP-W126 is enough for my whole day, so I dont like all mirrorless cameras be L,M or N shaped. Thanks a lot but NO.

• flysurfer and dck22 like this

#8 9.V.III

9.V.III

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 08:48 AM

I'm quite happy with flat-compactness of my X-E2 and a single NP-W126 is enough for my whole day, so I dont like all mirrorless cameras be L,M or N shaped. Thanks a lot but NO.

Even the pancakes stick out way farther than the current grips do, there is no actual use scenario where you would lose portability by having a moderately sized grip.
  • karin.gottschalk likes this

#9 mdm

mdm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 09:56 AM

I've tried  Fujifilm MHG-XE and well it provides some different feeling in handling but I just don't need it, so it's ok to equip XT-2 with this feature but definitely not all cameras.

#10 CRAusmus

CRAusmus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 414 posts
  • LocationGeorgia or Texas...Pick one...

Posted 20 June 2016 - 05:30 PM

For those of you looking for a battery now...I've been using these in my X-Pro1 for the past couple of weeks and I'm very impressed with them.  I'm going to buy some for my X70 and more for my Pro1 and T1 as well.

https://www.amazon.c...uct/B00YNUYPNG/

I took one to the Trump Protest and was extremely impressed with the life of the battery.  The cost is really nice as well, and they appear to have just a bit more capacity as well.  Like I said, I'm picking some up in the N95 variety to try out in my X70, but if they are anything like the 126's I know I'll like them...

• Zzoyd likes this
--Clinton
X70  •  X-Pro1  •  X-T1  •  14  •  27  •  35  •  60  •  55-200
InstagramFlickr

#11 Jonathan Jenkins

Jonathan Jenkins

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 04:45 PM

Good to hear that they may be improving the batteries, but I have managed over 600 shots with my X-Pro1 on a single battery several times. Of course you need to do things like switching off the LCD screen, and switch off the camera when possible between shots!  :)

• toiyeumetre likes this

#12 Tikcus

Tikcus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 08:56 PM

Higher capacity is always welcome; however, switching off high performance mode seems to add 100 extra photos to my XT-10's life.

"Share what you have learnt"

My Flickr

#13 adzman808

adzman808

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 24 June 2016 - 11:01 AM

Higher capacity is always welcome; however, switching off high performance mode seems to add 100 extra photos to my XT-10's life.

100% agree!

On my XP1, using power save mode, I generally get an extra 200+ shots per battery.

I'll end up writing about this on my X-Pro1 site, but IMO for general 'walk about' photography, I don't need the extra speed, and the extra life is nice.

Of course, if I need the speed (sic) of the XP1, I just turn power save mode off

I'm still excited about a improved capacity battery through :)

It's about the only thing I miss from the DSLR days... battery life... yes, yes I know - batts are small, cheap and easy to carry on MILC, but there's something nice about having a longer battery life!

Want to know another inconsequential, yet pleasing aspect of using power save mode on the XP1?

When the battery gague drops to "60%" (ie only 2 bars remaining) it means you have about 150 shots left, rather than about 30 !!!!

• toiyeumetre likes this

Cheers, Adam
My Website, home of the largest X-Pro series opinion piece on the 'net:
http://adambonn.com/

#14 XtJerry

XtJerry

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 03:43 PM

I am assuming that the current NP-W126 made for the X-T1 and X-T10 will continue to work in the X-T2 as well as the new battery made for the X-T2???

I have 8 of those batteries, as my late wife and I both used them, and they worked fine for us in our X-T1's and 10's.

Jerry

#15 Aswald

Aswald

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 05 July 2016 - 04:31 AM

I can't wait for that extra 50 shots! :lol:

#16 XtJerry

XtJerry

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 09 July 2016 - 12:09 AM

I am assuming that the current NP-W126 made for the X-T1 and X-T10 will continue to work in the X-T2 as well as the new battery made for the X-T2???

I have 8 of those batteries, as my late wife and I both used them, and they worked fine for us in our X-T1's and 10's.

Jerry

Looks like my question answered on several sites.  Seems the X-T2 will use the current batteries as well as the new one.

Jerry

x

Registration is free

Not registered? Really?

Discover the full potential of the Fuji X Forum... register now!
Registration is free and done in a few minutes!

As registered member you can discuss, post your questions and present your images.
And get in contact with Fuji X photographers worldwide!

We are looking forward to you!

The Fuji X Forum Team

Register Close