problem with ISO settings

JJJ

Hello

I've bought XT1 few day ago, everything worked fine till today. I have no idea what i've changed but now my camera doesn't react to ISO/Senstivity changes. Whatever i choose on dial ring XT-1 shows ISO 200. I hope that is only a problem with settings. Please advice.

br JJ

You indicate it worked before...and now doesn't....makes me wonder if you accidently changed a setting.

Are you in a "custom iso setting"...in which the base iso and highest iso can be mandated?

In other words, check your iso settings again, etc.

You can always reset the camera....as it seems you explored the settings somewhat already....

I'm doubtful a dial is broken.

Unless you dropped the camera mechanical things seldom break...

I have SWORN my camera is defective on thousands of occasions...it has always been a setting or my unfamiliarity with a function/setting. 

Best of luck...let us know what happened.

Peter

You indicate it worked before...and now doesn't....makes me wonder if you accidently changed a setting.

Are you in a "custom iso setting"...in which the base iso and highest iso can be mandated?

In other words, check your iso settings again, etc.

You can always reset the camera....as it seems you explored the settings somewhat already....

I'm doubtful a dial is broken.

Unless you dropped the camera mechanical things seldom break...

I have SWORN my camera is defective on thousands of occasions...it has always been a setting or my unfamiliarity with a function/setting. 

Best of luck...let us know what happened.

Peter

I have checked settings several times, restored factory defaults and still the same. ISO dial ring is not mechanically damaged and camera didn't fall or hit anything. I have had it only for 7 days.

I've just asked service for assistance. If they don't provide me with a solution the camera will go for repair.

Hello

I've bought XT1 few day ago, everything worked fine till today. I have no idea what i've changed but now my camera doesn't react to ISO/Senstivity changes. Whatever i choose on dial ring XT-1 shows ISO 200. I hope that is only a problem with settings. Please advice.

br JJ

Sounds like a broken dial.  Did you buy it new?    You should send it to Fuji for repair or return it to the seller. 

Same thing happened to me. Sent to fuji here in the United States, got it back repaired under warranty and back to me within 10 days. My camera was only 5 weeks old when it happened and was never bumped, dropped, etc. Interest hear someone else had the same exact problem.

• 2 weeks later...

Same thing happened to me. Sent to fuji here in the United States, got it back repaired under warranty and back to me within 10 days. My camera was only 5 weeks old when it happened and was never bumped, dropped, etc. Interest hear someone else had the same exact problem.

So it can be a new common fault. I've also sent for repair under warranty and I'm still waiting to get it repaired 

Before sending it to Fuji, there is indeed a setting that can provide the symptom you mentioned above. It is the 'software lock function' introduced since fw 3.0. Essentially, it can provide lock function on almost all the dials and buttons on the camera, in particular, the iso dial can be locked as well. If this function is enabled, the camera will maintain the ISO value it has before regardless of the one shown on the dial, unless you disable the said function. This function is located above the format function in the menu if i recall properly.

• 3 weeks later...

I restored default settings several times and i believe "lock function" is not enabled by default :) Camera returned from service and now works fine.

Before sending it to Fuji, there is indeed a setting that can provide the symptom you mentioned above. It is the 'software lock function' introduced since fw 3.0. Essentially, it can provide lock function on almost all the dials and buttons on the camera, in particular, the iso dial can be locked as well. If this function is enabled, the camera will maintain the ISO value it has before regardless of the one shown on the dial, unless you disable the said function. This function is located above the format function in the menu if i recall properly.