• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 jedbest

jedbest

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 12:59 PM

Advertisement (Gone after free registration)
Please see Paul Eric Stern Blog. You can order compatible eyepieces on amazon via eyepieces compatible with fujifilm xpro2-jjc

#22 dck22

dck22

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationWestern New York

Posted 22 April 2017 - 03:02 AM

Please see Paul Eric Stern Blog. You can order compatible eyepieces on amazon via eyepieces compatible with fujifilm xpro2-jjc

Where is this blog? Google was not my friend and Amazon search turns up nothing.

Edited by dck22, 22 April 2017 - 03:04 AM.

Fuji X-Pro2 | Fuji X-T2
FX 27mm | FX 35mm | FX 56mm | FX 10-24mm
FX 18-55mm | FX 50-140mm | FX 100-400mm
FC 50-230mm | EF-X20

#23 pawzitiv

pawzitiv

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 05:02 AM

It was Elliot Paul Stern (Elliot Stern) who drew attention to the X-Pro2 replacement eye pieces offered by JJC. Here's the link to his blog post:

https://elliotpaulst...ilm-x-pro2-jjc/

I have yet to lose the rubber eye piece on my X-Pro2 but I've gone ahead and ordered both offerings made by JJC (EF-XPRO2 and EF-XPRO2G). Purchase is actually made through AliExpress.

#24 addicted2light

addicted2light

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 22 April 2017 - 07:34 AM

Where is this blog? Google was not my friend and Amazon search turns up nothing.

Elliot (not Eric) Paul Stern, that's why you were out of luck:

https://elliotpaulst...ilm-x-pro2-jjc/

AMAZON (they are calling them "eyecup" instead of "eyepiece", that's why you and I both couldn't find them at first):

Larger Version for People that Wear Eyeglasses:

https://www.amazon.c...ds=fuji eyecup

Normal version:

https://www.amazon.c...ds=fuji eyecup

Edited by addicted2light, 22 April 2017 - 07:39 AM.

• Aswald likes this

www.addicted2light.com

www.facebook.com/addicted2light

“You cannot depend on your eyes if your imagination is out of focus” Mark Twain

#25 jedbest

jedbest

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 12:43 PM

Sorry for my typing error. It was done while walking. Below is the link to amazon for the eyepiece replacement. 

eyepiece for fujifilm pro2-jjc

I have lost one of them and when I receive my replacement rom Fuji I placed as minuscule amount of super glue to hold it in place and haven't lost one since. I would just say that doing this is at your own risk. The lille I placed was such that I could remove it if and when I. sold the camera. Again, sorry for exchanging Elliot to Eric.

Jed

#26 DennisK

DennisK

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 03:44 PM

Thank you both for the clarification.

#27 Quindere

Quindere

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 July 2017 - 11:22 PM

Try this at AliExpress

JJC Official Store

The eyepiece link: JJC For Fujifilm X-Pro2 Eye Cup 2PCS Soft Silicone Eyepiece Rubber Camera Eyecup Viewfinder

#28 NYRich

NYRich

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 07 July 2017 - 09:49 PM

Yes they come off way too easy.  I called Fuji North America and they want $5 for the eyepiece but $15.50 for shipping!  It's almost $23 after taxes.  Crazy!  I luckily found what I thought was a lost one in my bag so I sprayed a little hairspray on it before I put it on.  Seems to hold better.  Time will tell.

If someone wants the part # it's BF00015761-100 - CONST EYE PIECE

I haven't run into the problem (yet) but I like your idea. Surely cheap enough and not hard to remove if necessary. Much rather keep the $23 in my own pocket.

#29 Dominique_R

Dominique_R

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationLyon & Brittany

Posted 02 September 2017 - 12:41 PM

I had never lost an eyecup, however I was lured into buying the larger model for eyeglasses wearers (JJC EF-XPRO2G). I thought they were the screw-on type, like on my Nikons, but no such luck.

So, I took the original one off, it broke in the process... well, no big deal, as I was about to replace it by a bigger and better one... but I never could manage to insert it or have it stick properly, and of course there is nowhere on the web where one can find a tutorial for this thing, and the page of the guy's blog is gone... All in all, quite a disastrous experience so far, I would seriously advise people against attempting it, and I don't know what I will do now, with my original eyecup gone and my being incapable of putting a new one in... and I'm not the clumsiest person.

#30 Dominique_R

Dominique_R

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationLyon & Brittany

Posted 02 September 2017 - 01:41 PM

One hour later, I managed to sort of make do with Super-Glue but it looks ugly, the eyecup is slightly slanted, the back glass of the viewfinder got smeared in the process and looks hazy around the perimeter, where some of the glue spilled over when pressure was applied to make the whole thing stick, and keeping my eye to the viewfinder is impossible for more than 10 seconds or so, because of the irritating/burning glue fumes/emanations that are apparently still coming out (for how long? we shall see).

I have also managed to get ahold of the aforementioned blog page, where the guy says prominently that the fit of the JJC eyecups is not good and he doesn't recommend the product... Only wish I had seen this before!

STAY AWAY from all replacement eyecups until Fuji provides a threaded mount, which should be par for the course on an expensive and so-called "expert" mirrorless camera!

x

Registration is free

Not registered? Really?

Discover the full potential of the Fuji X Forum... register now!
Registration is free and done in a few minutes!

As registered member you can discuss, post your questions and present your images.
And get in contact with Fuji X photographers worldwide!

We are looking forward to you!

The Fuji X Forum Team

Register Close