Which lens to throw off my roof?

MikeT3610

I'd fling the 56 off with zero hesitation.    I owned it.  Wound up returning it.  Maybe I had a bad copy, but waaaaay too much hunting in rather good light.  Afraid to try it in lower light.

The 18-55, is my "don't leave home without it lens".  

The 16mm is my other "don't leave home without it lens"

The 35 F2 I do not own, but I do own the 35 1.4 and the only way I will let that go is if St Peter refuses to let me in the gates of Heaven without it.

The 55-200 is my go-to long lens. ULTRA sharp, and oh so much nicer, lighter than the 50-140, not as fast, but longer reach.  Would never get rid of it.

The 10-24 F4?  Have looked at it and it's too heavy and bulky (for my taste).  I have the Zeiss 12, 2.8, 16 1.4, 23 1.4 which fills the gaps nicely.

So, I guess if I had to choose, I would still go with the 56, in my left hand, and the 10-24 in my right (oh, BTW:  I'm a LEFTY).  

Good Luck on your decision.

said deva who just purchased the 16-55 and shot many hundreds of images with it and very happy he purchased it, but also wish it had OIS (18-55 has OIS)... ;)

:)

Well... he set up a terrible situation... I just wouldn't get rid of any of them... heh

Ended up getting rid of two zooms.... the 10-24 and 18-55. First I soaked em in my bath tub to make sure they were clean, then I baseball batted the 10-24 through my neighbors front window (F**king line drive!) and the 18-55 went off the roof and landed right on my wife's car!  :D