Broad yellow bands in X-Pro2 jpegs

I've owned my X-Pro2 for a couple of weeks with no obvious problems, until a few days when I did a shoot in a room with high windows lit by the evening sun. I shot on this occasion entirely in jpeg, with a 56mm f1.2 R lens fitted. Most of the shots were fine, but a number showed broad, diffuse yellowish bands in them. At first I thought these were shadows or reflections in the room, but on closer examination I am convinced they are in-camera artefacts. In landscape-format shots the bands are horizontal, in portrait-format they are vertical, which confirms my suspicion. Has anyone else experienced this, or have any ideas what might cause it?

Thanks

Alan

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Just seen the same banding in an X-T1 forum topic, there it was cause by combining the electronic shutter with fluorescent light. In this case I suspect the LED's were 'dimmed' - meaning that they are flickering on and off at a high frequency which would cause the banding.

Edited by Florian

Nothing wrong with your camera, just the frequency of the flicker of the lighting clashing with the capture speed of your sensor in electronic shutter mode. If you had been shooting a video at the time, you'd be able to watch the lines move and wiggle. In video, you fix it by changing your shutter speed to match the frequency of the lights. In photos, you can change over to mechanical shutter and that should solve it (though you're not silent anymore, obviously)