24 replies to this topic

#21 Aswald

Aswald

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 963 posts

Posted 25 September 2016 - 09:15 AM

Advertisement (Gone after free registration)

Best thing to do is keep requesting from Fujifilm and ask them to cut some slack. That's what I do when I see them. :blink:

#22 milandro

milandro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,241 posts

Posted 25 September 2016 - 10:17 AM

Upgrades will only come if they are part of a marketing strategy which has been probably outlined months ago at Fuji.

At the moment this camera hasn’t YET been discontinued. Until they come up with the replacement for the X-T10, this is now the best 16Mp in the range.

After they have introduced the X-A3 ( yes with a different sensor) which also sports 24Mp ( to print really large selfies, because this camera was admittedly made to produce precisely that!), it is very possible that there will soon

be a X-E3 or X-T20, but until then, there isn’t much for those who aren’t prepared to spend the many shekels that the X-Pro 2 and X-T2 cost.

There will be a few, like me, who aren’t jumping on the 24Mp bandwagon, and some  who simply don’t have the cash to buy one of the two top cameras of the system. 

So, maybe, just maybe, they will keep the X-T1 going for a while longer (at least until they have parts and sensors available)  to fill this niche.

the popular expression wishful thinking is an oxymoron!

#23 Tom H.

Tom H.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 633 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 25 September 2016 - 12:59 PM

It's a company, with stock holders and balance sheets.

Returning and happy customers are an investment too, one that seems to work for Fuji.

#24 milandro

milandro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,241 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 09:25 AM

so, the so called Kaizen for the X-T1 and 2 has been suspended because it had, apparently, again, some sort of bug.

However what was revealed is that, as predicted above^, the X-T1 will only receive a technical upgrade ( this time something to do with a flash). I don’t use any flash with my X-T1 camera and won’t “ upgrade”, but it is now more than clear that the upgrades containing real new camera functions seem to have reached their end station. No more goodies, just technical upgrades for new lenses or flashes in production or to come.

Meanwhile they have reconsidered the official designation of “ discontinued cameras" of the X-T10 and X-E2S. Probably just to give a chance to the various shops with some remaining stock to get rid of them. At my local shop they say that they still have them but that, due to the release of the new models, they aren’t selling any, not even at discounted prices. 

That is, methinks, hardly surprising because no-one wants to buy yesteryear flavor of the month. Funny how some people who rushed into buying the newest camera still seem to take the same pictures they took before. Apparently they didn’t find the chops that they were looking for in the box where the new cameras came.  ;)  :P  :D they might as well have saved a lot of money if they stayed with their more than sufficient box.

• Antonius and johant like this

the popular expression wishful thinking is an oxymoron!

#25 asathor

asathor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • LocationStuck on land too long.

Posted 10 December 2016 - 04:50 AM

The Kaizen philosophy is the most effective way to expand the base of loyal owners, if no one feels like they were left behind each camera sold more or less counts as a loyal owner (even those of us with too many). My own first venture into digital SLR/ILC was the Sony A55 ILC (same sensor as the first Fuji 16Mp) - by all means a decent camera. By the time I had 3 lenses Sony had stopped development of all but the flagship A77 and had moved emphasis to the small mirrorless E series, When I started to look seriously for an upgrade theA7 was on the way - now the second Best New Thing that could not use my lenses w/o a $350 adapter that made the camera as big as a full frame.

I was contemplating the Nikon 7000 and Pentax as well as Fuji but the Rumor mill was full of the "next sensor" talk already, so I decided to conduct an experiment: I ordered an X-E1 w. XF 18-55 on closeout for $720 (see Fuji Rumors). Because the X-E2 was already out I ended up paying only around $300 for the body. Being a "slow" photographer I found it amazing and when I added a XF27 I was sold. I later added an X-M1 which is still a cute little bugger and a used X-2E which is now an brand new X-2(s)/T10.

Before I finally got my X-Pro2 I had 3 Fujifilm cameras that met my expectations above 100%. To this day none of these are obsolete and they all respond like thoroughbreds when I mount the 56 or 90.

Back to X-T1 an Kaizen - If Fuji makes sure the X-T1 remain better than what people expected when they bought it they have our loyalty - to expect that they make it more is not realistic, There never was an X-T1.5 and there never will be.

A few weeks ago you could get the X-E2 with the 18-55 for $699 - I wanted to buy two to prove the point. With sensor production ending Fujifilm will undoubtedly convert the last of their inventory to the most profitable cameras but there still could be some good deals out there on 16's in the near future.

• johant likes this

x

Registration is free

Not registered? Really?

Discover the full potential of the Fuji X Forum... register now!
Registration is free and done in a few minutes!

As registered member you can discuss, post your questions and present your images.
And get in contact with Fuji X photographers worldwide!

We are looking forward to you!

The Fuji X Forum Team

Register Close