24 replies to this topic

#1 Patrick FR

Patrick FR

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 810 posts
  • LocationTOP SECRET

Posted 13 May 2016 - 01:37 PM

Advertisement (Gone after free registration)

Fujifilm X-T1 will get one more (and final?) Kaizen Firmware Update This Year!

More on FR: http://www.fujirumor...date-this-year/

#2 erwiurewurwehu

erwiurewurwehu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 13 May 2016 - 04:08 PM

I wonder when the first manufacturer will realize that if they open sourced their firmware they may attract a lot of people doing interesting things with their cameras.

#3 bdbender4

bdbender4

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 May 2016 - 01:56 AM

That's good for X-T1 owners, but I wonder if those of us who own an X-E2, X-T10, or X100T will get any more Kaizen.  (I own all three.) Same old same old or more love across the brand? One can only hope.

#4 johant

johant

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 15 May 2016 - 01:08 PM

I think the whole "Kaizen marketing blabla" is a bit over hyped. If not by Fujifilm themselves, then certainly by blog owners and reviewers who keep on rambling about it.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
  • flysurfer likes this

#5 flysurfer

flysurfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 686 posts

Posted 15 May 2016 - 03:18 PM

There are only three types of updates that appear to be reasonable for the X-T1:

1) Updates to bringt the X-T1 up to speed with the T10/E2/E2S, like adding the current UI of the T10/E2/E2S.

2) Updates that enhance T1-specific functions (like adding wifi tethering to the existing USB tethering).

3) Minor usability updates, compatibility updates and bug fixes

There will obviously be an update to support the new flash system with wireless TTL and HSS. I don expect to see any updates of the 1 and 2 categories before the X-T2 is out.

Fuji X SecretsX-Pert Corner – Flickr SetsRico's Fujifilm X camera books (use code XPERT40 for a 40% discount)

#6 JaapD

JaapD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 18 May 2016 - 01:37 PM

I think the next X-T1 camera update is a ‘required’ update, directly related to the added functionality of newly announced products like the x2 converter and the flash.

#7 frod

frod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 22 May 2016 - 09:13 PM

I was wondering if they might add focus bracketing. It doesn't seem like it should require anything in the hardware that isn't already there.

The aperture ring is for composing in the third dimension, not removing it!

#8 hinko

hinko

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationKuala Lumpur

Posted 25 July 2016 - 08:19 AM

Dear @Patrick FR, is the so-called final Kaizen fw still on track?

#9 Sluw

Sluw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 04:52 PM

Dear @Patrick FR, is the so-called final Kaizen fw still on track?

Since this article is from may and the 4.0 firmware is from end of June I think that was the final (big) FW update. Of course you can still expect fixes if needed but I guess no substantial update like that one anymore... What are you missing though?

#10 milandro

milandro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,341 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 06:13 PM

Maybe things that the camera cannot get? You can’t get 24Mp or 4K or the joystick, so... other than that the X-T1 is at its peak and the only thing that it might get in future is compatibility with the new lenses or flash which are yet to come.

Edited by milandro, 26 July 2016 - 06:15 PM.

the popular expression wishful thinking is an oxymoron!

Please remove the obnoxious tapatalk signature, it adds nothing to anyone’s contribution and it is only a sneaky way used by tapatalk to push their product by polluting each forum participant with promoting their products. They don’t even pay you for this! Nobody really wants to know about the brand and type of your phone or the program that you use to post on the forum.

#11 Burb

Burb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 06:45 PM

Since this article is from may and the 4.0 firmware is from end of June I think that was the final (big) FW update. Of course you can still expect fixes if needed but I guess no substantial update like that one anymore... What are you missing though?

The "big" 4.0 firmware was already released in 2015! Since then minor updates where released, so it's still possible! Although I don't really missing something it's still nice to dream... ;)

#12 milandro

milandro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,341 posts

Posted 23 September 2016 - 02:25 PM

Ok, I am not quite sure  whether the X-t1 has been discontinued...or not?

Perhaps just not yet,  as it appears to have already happened to the X-T10, X100T, X-E2

But we must be very nearly there.

http://www.fujirumor...m-x100f-coming/

http://www.fujirumor...nued-well-x-e2/

So, are we going to see anymore upgrades and which are the possible upgrades which we might expect to see since a lot of what it has been offered out there is either hardware determined or it is simply making the camera suitable for a new lens.

In other words there will be something to make the X-t1 suitable for using with lenses and flashes that are not yet there but, as it is, it will most probably stay.

Or does the team of Patrick & Andreas know any better?

Please remove the obnoxious tapatalk signature, it adds nothing to anyone’s contribution and it is only a sneaky way used by tapatalk to push their product by polluting each forum participant with promoting their products. They don’t even pay you for this! Nobody really wants to know about the brand and type of your phone or the program that you use to post on the forum.

#13 Aswald

Aswald

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 996 posts

Posted 23 September 2016 - 03:54 PM

Judging from the xpro1, the firmware updates which are trickling still, happens when they need the Pro1 to recognize new lenses. Other times, the firmware would address certain anomaly in some lenses, i.e. focus issues, algorithm, etc.

In terms of newer or better performance on the Pro1 body itself, there hasn't been one for a long time. So, I guess your T1 is safe in this respect.

Edited by Aswald, 23 September 2016 - 03:54 PM.

#14 milandro

milandro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,341 posts

Posted 23 September 2016 - 04:38 PM

well, compared to the X-Pro 1, many more cameras received a lot more kaizen ( or a lot less like the X-100 series...).

I too don’t think that there will be anything to come other than lens and flash software.

#15 johant

johant

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 24 September 2016 - 02:00 AM

Why would Fujifilm put development time for new features into a (nearly) discontinued model?

#16 Aswald

Aswald

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 996 posts

Posted 24 September 2016 - 05:46 AM

If there was a firmware tweak which may significantly improve parts of its performance, I'd say it would be good if they did.

#17 milandro

milandro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,341 posts

Posted 24 September 2016 - 07:45 AM

well, they did for the X-E2 which was updated (only recently) to system 4 after a very long time of doubts about it and when it was already replaced by the X-E2S.

Fuji’s grace works in mysterious ways.

#18 Tom H.

Tom H.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 646 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 25 September 2016 - 08:50 AM

Why would Fujifilm put development time for new features into a (nearly) discontinued model?

Because Fujifilm is not Canon, Nikon or Sony. They take care of their customers.

#19 milandro

milandro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,341 posts

Posted 25 September 2016 - 08:53 AM

well, that’s a commendable example of fujilove but even some models of Fuji were deliberately left non-upgraded while others did get a lot of upgrades.

They were all Fuji and were all bought by Fuji clients but some got flack and some got goodies.

#20 johant

johant

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 25 September 2016 - 08:59 AM

Because Fujifilm is not Canon, Nikon or Sony. They take care of their customers.

It's a company, with stock holders and balance sheets.

x

Registration is free

Not registered? Really?

Discover the full potential of the Fuji X Forum... register now!
Registration is free and done in a few minutes!

As registered member you can discuss, post your questions and present your images.
And get in contact with Fuji X photographers worldwide!

We are looking forward to you!

The Fuji X Forum Team

Register Close