Clicky

Photo

XF120mmF2.8 Canceled! :: XF80mm Macro Coming!

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#41 pez

pez

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 02 June 2017 - 08:32 AM

Advertisement (Gone after free registration)

OK the new macro lens will be 80mm - its in Fuji's Road Map as a further feature it will be compatible with the 1.4 and 2x converters. I was able to get a  2x converter at a very good price, works very well with the 100-400 zoom.   My question is does anyone have any idea when we might be able to buy the new 80mm Macro Lens?

• GTillard likes this

#42 mdm

mdm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 02 June 2017 - 09:41 AM

OK the new macro lens will be 80mm - its in Fuji's Road Map as a further feature it will be compatible with the 1.4 and 2x converters. I was able to get a  2x converter at a very good price, works very well with the 100-400 zoom.   My question is does anyone have any idea when we might be able to buy the new 80mm Macro Lens?

My guess is that it would be presented during some major event like photo or consumer electronics show.

#43 pez

pez

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 11:57 AM

I am guessing all optical production is being taken up with all the new Fuji glass including the video specific lens - ugh. The humble macro might be seen as not quite so main stream. As an  interim solution I have ordered  fully auto extension tubesx2 for the incredible price of $12.  Some comments have not been so good, ie poor contacts and build quality not so hot  but at that price whats to worry.  As long as it does not require great effort to mount.  The combinations I plan is 55-140mm zoom 1  1+2 and the 2x converter agh might be completely unusable but fun trying.  Better dust off the tripod.

#44 Patrick FR

Patrick FR

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 877 posts
  • LocationTOP SECRET

Posted 21 July 2017 - 02:39 PM

80mm could be here in october: http://www.fujirumor...ber-new-source/

#45 milandro

milandro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,738 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 03:25 PM

I can’t wait...

As in “ I am not waiting for it" :D

the popular expression wishful thinking is an oxymoron!

To all TAPATALK users

As a form of courtesy towards your fellow users of this forum, PLEASE remove the obnoxious tapatalk signature, it adds nothing to anyone’s contribution and it is only a sneaky way used by tapatalk to push their product by polluting each forum participant with promoting their products with unpaid advertising for their software and the brand of your phone. Removing it is easy and it is an act of courtesy that shows respect for all those whom are annoyed by this pointless feature. This is not a personal attack to you, the annoyance is caused by tapatalk and the phone or tablet brands, they are getting all the exposure and you gain nothing by this.

#46 Gilzuma

Gilzuma

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationOkinawa

Posted 22 July 2017 - 06:16 AM

80mm could be here in october: http://www.fujirumor...ber-new-source/

So excited!  I want to be the first in line!  Any idea's on how much it will cost?

#47 pez

pez

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 07:55 AM

The new macro now promised is good, I had the 60mm macro with my X-Pro1 Version 1 firmware had I hung-on maybe with firmware updates it might have improved my experience - alas just to hasty. They problem was I was spoilt , I had the Nikon 105Macro many consider this to be Nikon's best lens.   From time to time I will spend a day working with a macro lens, natural sunlight shafting through the window, 10 different orchids from the garden. Then there is portrait it has been a long time coming but to connect/synchronize  a number of flash heads with easy (thank you Mr Godox).  cheap stands and willing bodies make for a interesting experience.  I don't have studio flash heads no justification, but with the new XIT I can resort to hand held flash.

x

Registration is free

Not registered? Really?

Discover the full potential of the Fuji X Forum... register now!
Registration is free and done in a few minutes!

As registered member you can discuss, post your questions and present your images.
And get in contact with Fuji X photographers worldwide!

We are looking forward to you!

The Fuji X Forum Team

Register Close