47 replies to this topic

#41 Aswald

Aswald

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts

Posted 14 September 2016 - 04:56 AM

Advertisement (Gone after free registration)

It looks odd. And I highly suspect it will interfere with the eye sensor function.

#42 jhjl

jhjl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 21 September 2016 - 10:23 AM

Having lost my 2nd eye-cup, I returned my XPro2 for repair. This was a very fast and simple process: 

1. Filled in a support request form online
  2. Fuji posted me the pre-paid return packaging
  3. Posted camera to Fuji
  4. Camera returned to me 5 days later

On the plus side, the camera has been thoroughly cleaned, like new!

On the downside, they performed a factory reset losing all of my customisations... I also had to learn how to use my X-T1 buttons again which was remarkably frustrating but I still got good images!

#43 DV8

DV8

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 09:09 PM

Phoned Fuji in New Jersey directly and spoke to Steve Skolsky.  Very helpful explaining what has happened and how this is probably the biggest design flaw on the X-Pro2.  I dislike the fact I can see the innards of the electronics without the eye piece.  He sent me an email to respond with my contact information and he sent out a new piece.  I may just have to use an additional adhesive to make sure it doesn't get pulled out when I pull the camera from the bag.  No longer need to send out for service and be without a camera.

Attached Files

“Breathe Life, Visualize Emotion”

#44 Storyteller7

Storyteller7

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 05:21 AM

Phoned Fuji in New Jersey directly and spoke to Steve Skolsky.  Very helpful explaining what has happened and how this is probably the biggest design flaw on the X-Pro2.  I dislike the fact I can see the innards of the electronics without the eye piece.  He sent me an email to respond with my contact information and he sent out a new piece.  I may just have to use an additional adhesive to make sure it doesn't get pulled out when I pull the camera from the bag.  No longer need to send out for service and be without a camera.

I had the same experience but I can't get my new rubber eyecup to fit and stay. Did you have any issues and how did you get it to work? Thanks! Terry

#45 fastnfurryous

fastnfurryous

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 01:02 AM

I had the same experience but I can't get my new rubber eyecup to fit and stay. Did you have any issues and how did you get it to work? Thanks! Terry

Sugru.

I posted a thread on the other Fuji X forum on this a short while ago. One of the (many!) comments referenced a blogger who is collecting a database of X Pro2 customers dissatisfied with Fuji's unacceptable response to this small but significant design flaw. I'd encourage everyone to add their names to the list to try to get Fuji to bring out a more robust fix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#46 fastnfurryous

fastnfurryous

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 02:02 AM

X-Pro2 eyepiece frustration

https://r.tapatalk.c...65&share_type=t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#47 zenmartini

zenmartini

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationFlotsam's Mistake NJ

Posted 19 March 2017 - 02:47 PM

I live about 25 miles from Fuji in Edison NJ. I use my gear for work (and play) and I don't like a consumer experience when I need help.

I have found that Fuji repair in Edison goes out of their way to make life easier when I do have a problem. Do a little research and find
out the right person to hit up with an email. You just might get them to send the eyepiece to you. Especially if you work with your camera.

My XT1 grip had the rubber material sliding off. I was using it a lot this summer and I guess the heat and sweat caused it to start peeling away
from the body. After a while it was a real pain in the butt so I dropped it at Fuji. I wasn't in a rush and so waited for the estimate to be
mailed to me. How much could it cost to put some glue on the camera body? When I got the 149.00 estimate I drove back down to
Fuji and asked to speak with a supervisor. I got the guy in charge of the repair department. I explained that I didn't mind paying for the
work but 149.00 I thought was a bit excessive. The guy knew what gear I owned before he came out to talk to me, and we had a nice discussion about the X cameras. He then said he would do the repair free and throw in a cleaning and calibration. I thought that was very gracious and probably a good business decision based on how much Fuji gear I own.

Good luck with the eyepiece, I'm sure I'm right behind you with that thing.

Frequently Mistaken For Meatloaf

https://www.flickr.c...hotos/sigilism/

Please delete my picture

#48 batian

batian

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 06:48 PM

... yes, me too ;-)

http://peterpoete.de...lm-on-the-road/

I am curious what the service will do :-) And how long it will work with a new one. What a pity on such a great camera!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Eyecup, Eyepiece, Eye Cup, X-Pro 2

x

Registration is free

Not registered? Really?

Discover the full potential of the Fuji X Forum... register now!
Registration is free and done in a few minutes!

As registered member you can discuss, post your questions and present your images.
And get in contact with Fuji X photographers worldwide!

We are looking forward to you!

The Fuji X Forum Team

Register Close