Lost Eyecup / Eye Piece X-Pro 2

Hi Folks, 

Hate to join the forum with a moan!

Lost the rubber eyecup from my X-Pro 2 the other day. I can't find any specific replacements on-line of on the Fuji product page.

Does anyone know whether they are the same as the X-Pro 1 or a 3rd party replacement?

Same happened on my XT1 and a bit disappointed that Fuji hasn't figured out how to attach them more firmly - or maybe that's the point, more sales!

Any advice gratefully appriciated.

it’s unlikely that there is anything else , made by a 3rd party company, out there for a camera this young, besides  Other Fuji cameras don’t have that luxury too.

The X-T1 has a extended eyecup but I don’t think that it would fit the X Pro 1.

Several people have been hacking things for the X Pro 1 a dn I’ve seen one which hacked a large eyecup for the 2 but they all used the “ basic” eyecup.

Fuji will be able to replace it, for sure.

It won’t cost a fortune.

• 4 weeks later...

I've lost mine too. I contacted Fuji and was staggered by this reply:

Thank you for contacting FUJIFILM UK.

We are sorry to hear you have lost the eye cup and to advise, this part is not available separately and is only included with a replacement viewfinder. The camera will require workshop attention, please reply with your UK address details and the serial number of the camera. We will send you prepaid packaging which you can use to return the camera to our service department via Royal Mail special delivery.

Alternatively, please visit the following link to prebook your camera for a eye cup replacement. Please do not include the any lens, battery, memory card, any leads or the charger with the camera. We sincerely apologise for this inconvenience.

http://www.fujicamerarepair.co.uk

The Fujifilm X World Team

I have to return the camera for a push on part costing pennies :(

Edited by jhjl

ok I am an Xpro2 user and just found that my eyecup is missing...

this is very painful as I see inside the camera, those that makes the camera weather unseal it.?

I find that response ridiculous to send my whole camera for then to repair....

That  have to find a better way to serve the customer.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for your replies.

I knew I wouldn't be the only one, it's a poor design on a otherwise well built camera.

Jhjl; did you take up Fuji on the repair? if so, did they charge anything and how long did it take?

Don't suppose anyone knows if there is a service centre in London that could do this while I wait? guess this is a long shot!

Thanks for your replies.

I knew I wouldn't be the only one, it's a poor design on a otherwise well built camera.

Jhjl; did you take up Fuji on the repair? if so, did they charge anything and how long did it take?

Don't suppose anyone knows if there is a service centre in London that could do this while I wait? guess this is a long shot!

Fuji UK service centre is located in Bedford... They will send you a pre-paid shipping container

a good old fashioned dollop of glue?  ;)

No seriously, the X-T1 eyecup had teething problems too. Possibly the over-civilized ( Japanese?)  beta testers don’t bang around their camera haging off a sling or something like that so, when tested the cameras don’t lose eyecups but in the real world they do.

I didn’t lose the X-T1 eyecup and bought the long one for fun not because I needed to. I personally had to pry the eyecup off the camera (X-T1) and can’t possibly understand how could anyone knock this thing off the camera but it has happened .

For the time being they will replace the lost eyecups. In a few months they will come with a solution and by that time we will all be talking of the X-pro 3 :rolleyes:

Thanks for your replies.

No I haven't. I need the camera for shooting an ongoing tango stage show and was due to go for a long holiday tour of China next week (sadly cancelled due to delay getting a visa).

I have shot >7000 images without the eyecup and no longer notice it is missing ;) 

No I haven't. I need the camera for shooting an ongoing tango stage show and was due to go for a long holiday tour of China next week (sadly cancelled due to delay getting a visa).

I have shot >7000 images without the eyecup and no longer notice it is missing ;)

I'm not going to send my camera off for that. I'm going to try to get by without it. I'm not sure how much it compromises weather sealing but you seem to be ok, and I'm not planning to use it in the rain..

Not that I want to be a wise equine, but I’ve been to China a few times and visas can be acquired at the Chinese embassy in the NL.

You walk in, you fill a form, pay and walk away with the visa. There is no delay possible if you can be there in person.

Edited by milandro

My eyecup tore apart/split and was hanging by a thread so I contacted Fuji and wondered if they could ship a replacement.

The answer was that the eyecup was part of the weather sealing so I had to send it in to be replaced (properly glued).

It was a guarantee job and didn't cost me anything except the three weeks it took to send it to my camera store in Sweden, to England and back.

On April 23, 2016, I posted the following comment concerning a replacement eye-cup.  The one I made is still working fine and is firmly in place.  Here is what I said:

I wear glasses and with my XPro 2 had problems with blocking out side light around the original eye piece.  I purchased a Nikon eye cup DK-19 for $1.50 (free postage) on Ebay which fits perfectly around the outer circumference of the Fuji rubber eyepiece.  I first masked off around the Fuji eyepiece with masking tape and twice tried to attach the Nikon eye cup with Elmer's rubber cement.  Although I followed the label instructions for a "stronger bond", this failed twice.  I then used with complete success Permatex Adhesive Sealant Clear RTV Silicone (80050).  DAP makes a like product, both being widely available.  Without my glasses this now works perfectly to block out side light, with the glasses on it is better than before.  I also find that in my case I can slightly adjust the diopter adjustment to provide sharp vision in the EVF without wearing my glasses.  It is adequate on the LCD.  I was at first concerned that the added Nikon eye cup would protrude back too much but it doesn't.

Add me to the list of victims of the 'Disappearing Eye Cup' occurrence.  I have no idea where it went and I am discouraged with what I am reading here.  I thought I could buy a little piece for 15 bucks or so not lose my camera for a few weeks (I am in Chicago).

May be faster to go through my insurance at this point.  :/

• 4 weeks later...

HI Folks,

Just to let you all know, I contacted Fuji and they confirmed that I'd have to send it back which i did.

Got to say, I am impressed with the service. They sent me an empty, pre-paid box which I had to drop off at the post office. I sent it off on a Tuesday and it was back to me on the Friday good as new.