X-Pro2 Power Management influence on AF

Dear All,

I just bought my first Fuji camera, a X-Pro2 with a 35mm f.2 attached to it. Needless to say I'm new to this forum, and this is my first question.

I will most likely be using the camera mainly with OVF. This said, I wonder if the Power Management mode setting (High Performance vs. Standard) would affect the AF speed in any way. Fuji doesn't make a distinction and says both settings provide 'Fast AF Speed'. I don't seem to notice any difference myself, but maybe the difference becomes clear in particular situations?

Thanks for your thoughts/feedback!

tdG. 

HPM = more fps (readout) = more AF samples = better AF (tracking) performance.

... without compromising the amount of shots you can take? Fuji predicts for both settings a total amount of shots of 350 on one battery charge. Only Economy mode will provide a higher amount, up to 380 shots.

This, and the fact I'm not 'feeling' any true difference in AF Speed, makes me suspicious that there would be a benefit of the High Performance setting using the OVF. 

The amount of shots per battery charge is dependent on so many parameters that it's IMO barely worth speculating about!

Extreme examples?

Put a fresh batter in your camera, set it to CH, press and hold the shutter until the battery dies... How many shots did you get? 2000 maybe!

Now put a fresh battery in your camera, take a shot.

Use the internal raw convertor to make a jpeg copy in every single film sim, with every combination of shad/tone sharp/nr setting.

Then go through your menus and toggle every single item off and on

Oh your battery just died, and you only took one shot...

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I KNOW I AM BEING A BIT SILLY

But real world derivatives of the above 2 examples determine your shots per charge more than any other factor...

I agree. IMHO my shooting habits affect battery life more than anything else. When I'm working, I typically keep the cameras set to EVF + Eye Sensor, and turn them off if I'm going to go more than a few minutes without using them. I can consistently get 600 shots to a charge that way with a bit of image review/focus checking.

Personally, I keep HPM off on my bodies. The AF seemed ever so slightly faster, but it also seemed to rack focus more. I didn't think the difference in speed was really noticeable, and the extra hunting was annoying with the EVF.

Guys, thanks for your feedback, but will you please stick with the subject!? I know there are a zillion things that affect the battery life of a digital camera, but that was not my question. I want to know if there is a difference in focusing performance (AF Speed) for single shots - not continuous/tracking - when the OVF is used and HPM or SM power management is considered.