need advise

claude

hi everyone,

i have  the 14 mm , the 18-55 2.8-4 and the 90 mm. Love them them all  but I am using more often the prime lens

I am thinking of replacing the 18-55 for the 35 1.4 or the wr  35 f.2.

What do you think ?

It's always very hard to tell other people what to buy, especially with virtually no information about what they shoot, no example images, and not knowing them.
That's why I asked "why not". You said you're a prime shooter, so I suppose you'll be fine with either one of them, 23 or the 35, both sitting right in the middle of the XF 14 (90° coverage) and the XF 90 (18° coverage). There are no really bad fuji lenses.

I'd only take the 35/2 WR if you need the weather resistance, otherwise I'd prefer the better corrected 35/1.4 although it's probably focusing a bit slower. Or the 23/1.4 if you want it slightly wider.

I would keep the 18-55 and add the 23/1.4. This is my general purpose two lens combo. The zoom covers all situations in day light. The 23 is my low light tool. The focal length of the 23 is a very good compromise to be used in most situations.

I also love to use primes. I have the 18, the 23 and the 56 from Fuji, the 12/2 Samyang and a 85/1.8 Nikon. But sometimes a zoom is much more convenient than changing lenses every now and then. And I find more benefit in the OIS of the 18-55 then in the one stop more open aperture at the long end of the 16-55. The 2mm at the short end would be useful sometimes but they do not outweight the OIS, at least not for me.