X-Pro2 Half Cases

This is an open topic for anyone who has information on half cases for the X-Pro2. I realize that not many are available for such a new camera, but as people find them, please post here. 

I'm not a fan of the Fuji branded half cases and will be looking for a nice third party half case as soon as there are some options on the market to choose from. I'm guessing that the usual companies such as Luigi (Leicatime), Gariz, and Angelo Pelle, and Arte di Mano will have X-Pro2 cases in the near future, but I'm always interested to see what new options appear as well.

Luigi said by email that his X-Pro2 half case may be ready later next week and to check with him by email to confirm it. I've always like his work, but the plastic strip running behind the tilt screen on the design for his X-T1 half case made me go with Arte di Mano for that camera.

• 3 weeks later...

Good morning,

I'm looking for a good quality half case to my X-Pro 2 too.

Like Nero, I contacted with Leicatime, but the new design will have a plastic strip connect... (see the attached photo, similar to the OMD case design).

I don't like so much Gariz materials/durability.

I like the TP Original black case (thanks bffmike). I found it in eBay with multiple options:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Real-Leather-Full-Camera-Case-Bag-Cover-for-FUJIFILM-X-PRO2-Bottom-Open-/262351130735?hash=item3d1558906f:g:guIAAOSwQjNW9BPl

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Real-Leather-Half-Camera-Case-Bag-Cover-for-FUJIFILM-X-PRO2-4-Color-/262347035975?var=&hash=item3d151a1547:m:m6zI6LBJoCjdRGd40bmIORg

Kenji Leather has a new half case available (with back cover), see the attached photos (Kenji Wei sent me them): http://kenjileather.com/product/fujifilm-fuji-xpro-2-kenji-leather-half-case/

What do you think?? what is the best leather half case for x-pro 2?? (I don't like leicatime with plastic strip)

PD: I already have bop-o-l and I will buy the matchtechnical thumbs-up for x-pro 2 when it is available (http://www.matchtechnical.com/Pages/default.aspx)

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by zen79

New photos from Kenji leather (thank you Kenji)

Hand grip and back door

for now... Kenji VS TP

I love Luigi's leather work and I'm sure the cases with the plastic strip are great quality, but for me personally the plastic ruins it. I'm also not a big fan of cases that screw into the tripod socket to attach. As long as I can access the battery, I don't mind taking the case off for memory card access as long as it's just two snaps over the strap lugs. I kind of prefer to have the sides covered a little bit for extra protection. 

The Kenji case looks pretty good to me. I might give them a try. They were a close second for my X-T1 half case before I went with Arte di Mano. I've been very happy with that choice, but they do tend to have a long wait time, are expensive, and some of their products aren't listed on their website. When I ordered my X-T1 half-case, I found out they were selling X-T1 cases by an eBay search and emailed them directly to get around the extra eBay fees. 

I may go with the Kenji this time.

• 2 weeks later...

I just ordered a Kenji. He said he is running about 3 weeks lead.

I went with a double braid strap w/ leather wrap.

Gariz Half cases:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1084122338297337.1073741862.446537405389170&type=3

Here's my xpro2 case frm Kenji. Italian black leather with red stitch. Loving it!

He's contactable via http://kenjileather.com

Edited by magic

Good morning,

I'm looking for a good quality half case to my X-Pro 2 too.

Like Nero, I contacted with Leicatime, but the new design will have a plastic strip connect... (see the attached photo, similar to the OMD case design).

I don't like so much Gariz materials/durability.

I like the TP Original black case (thanks bffmike). I found it in eBay with multiple options:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Real-Leather-Full-Camera-Case-Bag-Cover-for-FUJIFILM-X-PRO2-Bottom-Open-/262351130735?hash=item3d1558906f:g:guIAAOSwQjNW9BPl

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Real-Leather-Half-Camera-Case-Bag-Cover-for-FUJIFILM-X-PRO2-4-Color-/262347035975?var=&hash=item3d151a1547:m:m6zI6LBJoCjdRGd40bmIORg

Kenji Leather has a new half case available (with back cover), see the attached photos (Kenji Wei sent me them): http://kenjileather.com/product/fujifilm-fuji-xpro-2-kenji-leather-half-case/

What do you think?? what is the best leather half case for x-pro 2?? (I don't like leicatime with plastic strip)

PD: I already have bop-o-l and I will buy the matchtechnical thumbs-up for x-pro 2 when it is available (http://www.matchtechnical.com/Pages/default.aspx)

I've been looking around for a while, also.

I asked Angelo Pelle and they said they were working on one, but they said they could not make a full wrap version due to the way the back was rearranged compared to the X-Pro1.. strange, cause Kenji looks like they did it and it looks pretty nice and precision.

I eventually ordered one from Kenji.  I like the workmanship and customizability. In general, he offers certain colors, but when I talked to him and asked him about a photo he showed me on the X-Pro2, it turns out he had a grey leather version.. which was exactly what I was looking for.. I was interested in the olive green, but it looked a bit too dark and saturated.. I wanted something more grey and muted in tone and the grey version seem to fit the bill.. a nice color which matches should match decently well with a grey leather strap I have on the X-Pro2 now. I believe he said the grey he has may appear to have some green tone to it.. that's fine.  It shipped late last week so looking forward to receiving it soon.  FYI, needed about a 2-3 week time to complete.. I think it was completed in about 2 and shipped.

I will try and post some pics of it once I get it.  It looks pretty nice being it can wrap around the entire camera with opening for the lcd and buttons & joystick. I don't mind that the sd card door is not immediately accessible.. I don't go into that often and don't mind taking off the cover when I would need to. I think I like the fact there is now going to be an opening where the AF-L & Q buttons are which I feel makes it easier to feel out the location of the AF-L button.. I think Fuji made them a little too flushed with the body so it's hard to blindly feel for them.  Had a battery door opening made cause I know the X-Pro2 requires more battery access than not. I also had tripod mount put in.. looks like a nice touch and it does line up with the original tripod hole so it should be centered with the lens as it is.  The quality and thickness of the leather looks good, however, at the same time my only concern would be the rear command dial.. it's already rather recessed and not exactly the easiest to push all the time.. the leather strip that runs close across near the control dial hopefully will not be too close and thick that will further inhibit accessibility to the rear control dial... will see soon.  All in all, it appears to be a great fit and cut for the X-Pro2.. I've followed his stuff for a while and the past products also look really good, so I think he's had experience to further refine the end product.

The next half case I was interested in was Kaza-Deluxe. I purchased a set from them for my X10 way back. It's good quality and for average $99 for a set with matching strap, it's a pretty good bargain. I was waiting for them to get their X-Pro2 line out, but in the end Kenji beat them to the punch.  I have to admit I like their choice of colors.. the blue and military green are nice and out of the normal and "safe" black or brown leather cases you'll typically fine.  Their vintage brown is nicely done as well.

Also, like most other half cases, other than Kenji, the Kaza-Deluxe one primarily covers the front  and bottom with just the front edges along the sides.. the rest is open and uncovered.. I understand this is for accessibility, you can access all your doors and have buttons and screen and everything unobstructed.. but, on the other hand, I feel I'm not getting the full package.. it's like getting half of a half case.. which really makes it a 1/4 case, does it not?

Although potentially less convenient, I now prefer the half cases that more fully wrap around the camera.. it provided fuller protection and from more angles other than mainly just the front, it looks complete and classier.

... straggling comment, I wonder if the photos you see at the top of the quote I'm referencing is the grey version? could be.. it looks more grey than green unlike some of the other photos in this topic's posts.

I love Luigi's leather work and I'm sure the cases with the plastic strip are great quality, but for me personally the plastic ruins it. I'm also not a big fan of cases that screw into the tripod socket to attach. As long as I can access the battery, I don't mind taking the case off for memory card access as long as it's just two snaps over the strap lugs. I kind of prefer to have the sides covered a little bit for extra protection. 

The Kenji case looks pretty good to me. I might give them a try. They were a close second for my X-T1 half case before I went with Arte di Mano. I've been very happy with that choice, but they do tend to have a long wait time, are expensive, and some of their products aren't listed on their website. When I ordered my X-T1 half-case, I found out they were selling X-T1 cases by an eBay search and emailed them directly to get around the extra eBay fees. 

I may go with the Kenji this time.

I think Arte di Mano, Luigi & Angelo Pelle are all expensive choices.. be them nice, but I think you're pushing at least $200, maybe even $300 depending on how custom you have them make it.

I went with Kenji myself.. looking forward to receiving it soon.

Kaza is now taking orders for their new X-Pro2 cases.

http://www.kaza-deluxe.com/category.php?id=63

This would have been my next choice, I really like the color options such as the military green, blue & classic vintage brown... and for $99 with matching strap, pretty good deal.

But, they took a bit longer than I wanted to wait to finally put something out to be ordered.. more importantly, I think I like the Kenji one I ordered.. it appears unlike any of the other brands you might have heard mentioned in this post because it fully wraps around the camera instead of just being essentially a front and bottom piece.

I liked Gariz cases for a while, had them on my X100 & OM-D E-M5 MkII. But, recently, looked away.. not because of quality.. I think it can vary depending on camera model, but design choice.

a ) essentially a 1/4 case cause it only covers the front and bottom - yes, it makes accessibility to doors, buttons and screen easier, but it just doesn't look complete and if you think about it, it doesn't really provide any sort of protection .. not likely front of camera will get damaged because you will have a lens on the camera most of the time and the lens is more likely to take brunt of any frontal damage.. the bottom, but that's just the bottom of the camera. I feel you're just getting a front facade which your fingers will cover mostly when you're holding your camera to shoot.

b ) not a fan of shiny metal bottom plate.. they should have it in black or just cover it with leather as well... btw, they do make a black label version on some of their cases with black metal plate, but not on these ones.. maybe a little later?

c ) frankly boring color choices: black & brown.. ok, maybe the tan colored one is a little more exciting, but I still personally wouldn't go for those colors for my x-pro2.

Edited by Wing0949

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/nine-select/c/0000000538/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was initially interested in the TP cases, not too expensive and variety of color choices (there are some other brands similar in design and even more colors).

But, I will reiterate my point about the Gariz and majority of other half cases with the exception of Kenji.

They are half of a half case and essentially means a 1/4 case cause it only covers the front and bottom - yes, it makes accessibility to doors, buttons and screen easier, but it just doesn't look complete and if you think about it, it doesn't really provide any sort of protection .. not likely front of camera will get damaged because you will have a lens on the camera most of the time and the lens is more likely to take brunt of any frontal damage.. the bottom, but that's just the bottom of the camera. I feel you're just getting a front facade which your fingers will cover mostly when you're holding your camera to shoot.

But, with this and other half case designs like the TP, if you like just enough leather and color/texture to show it from the front mostly, then it will work fine. A small touch of customizing to separate your x-pro2 from straight out of box look is never bad, imho.

Luigi said by email that his X-Pro2 half case may be ready later next week and to check with him by email to confirm it. I've always like his work, but the plastic strip running behind the tilt screen on the design for his X-T1 half case made me go with Arte di Mano for that camera.

sadly, the plastic strip thing totally cheapens the otherwise high quality build.

I liked Gariz cases for a while, had them on my X100 & OM-D E-M5 MkII. But, recently, looked away.. not because of quality.. I think it can vary depending on camera model, but design choice.

a) essentially a 1/4 case cause it only covers the front and bottom - yes, it makes accessibility to doors, buttons and screen easier, but it just doesn't look complete and if you think about it, it doesn't really provide any sort of protection .. not likely front of camera will get damaged because you will have a lens on the camera most of the time and the lens is more likely to take brunt of any frontal damage.. the bottom, but that's just the bottom of the camera.

B) not a fan of shiny metal bottom plate.. they should have it in black or just cover it with leather as well... btw, they do make a black label version on some of their cases with black metal plate, but not on these ones.. maybe a little later?

c) frankly boring color choices: black & brown.. ok, maybe the tan colored one is a little more exciting, but I still personally wouldn't go for those colors for my x-pro2.

I have a bit of a different opinion. I like cases primarily because of how it changes how the camera feels in my hand. It feels like less of a cold machine and a bit more like an instrument. Also for street, you can pick any color you want as long as it's black :) The Gariz is nice because its stitching is also black, and the back is completely open and doesn't get in the way of the interface. It is protected less but I'm pretty careful with the camera so it's not really for protection in my case. I do have a protector on my screen for scratches, but I don't mind scratches anywhere else. I mean if your camera doesn't look battered then you're not using it enough, right? ;)

I have a bit of a different opinion. I like cases primarily because of how it changes how the camera feels in my hand. It feels like less of a cold machine and a bit more like an instrument. Also for street, you can pick any color you want as long as it's black :) The Gariz is nice because its stitching is also black, and the back is completely open and doesn't get in the way of the interface. It is protected less but I'm pretty careful with the camera so it's not really for protection in my case. I do have a protector on my screen for scratches, but I don't mind scratches anywhere else. I mean if your camera doesn't look battered then you're not using it enough, right? ;)

I can agree with your point of view and have thought of it that way in the past.. feel differently now, but either way, great options for everyone out there to make their x-pro2 their own.. however, being at least half the Gariz case is metal, you will probably feel the cold machine still.. still think they should have at least color matched the bottom to black and/or complete the leather wrap around the bottom as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys!

realise that have been abit of talk regarding xpro2 half cases here.

I'm kenji from kenjileather. Nice to meet you guys!

Just want to say that there was abit of issue on the menu dials area at the back of our cases the last batch of cases

but have already found out the issue and contacted those who could have been affected, I think some of the guys here were contacted regarding this already :)

Feel free to ask me any question :)

http://www.angelo-pelle.com/half-case-fuji-x-pro2.html

new beautiful cases from Angelo Pelle. From the pictures i think there's no direct access to sd cards....

I agree that Angelo Pelle does beautiful work and I don't want to discourage other people from ordering his products. However, I recently had a bad experience with him, as noted in my thread about his wrist straps in this section of the forums. I know that he has a good reputation behind his products, so I would encourage everyone to form their own opinions. I may have just caught him on a bad day and he reacted poorly, I'm sure it can happen to anyone, but it definitely did not go over well with me.

• 6 months later...

I just ordered a Kenji. He said he is running about 3 weeks lead.attachicon.gifimage.jpeg I went with a double braid strap w/ leather wrap.

Dear dck22, what has been your experience with the Kenje half case for your X-Pro2 as far as the fit and usability (access to camera controls)? Your comment would be greatly appreciated as I am considering getting one. Kind regards, V23

I've ben using the Kenji half case for several months now. I couldn't be more pleased. The fit is perfect and I am able to access all controls easily. I opted for the tripod screw. This definitely increases the security of the X-Pro2 in the case. Battery change is easy through the hole in the bottom of the case. You only need to remove the case to get to the memory cards. I could NOT be happier with the case. Also, I've had several complements on the case. I always enjoy it when someone notices and comments on my equipment.

I've ben using the Kenji half case for several months now. I couldn't be more pleased. The fit is perfect and I am able to access all controls easily. I opted for the tripod screw. This definitely increases the security of the X-Pro2 in the case. Battery change is easy through the hole in the bottom of the case. You only need to remove the case to get to the memory cards. I could NOT be happier with the case. Also, I've had several complements on the case. I always enjoy it when someone notices and comments on my equipment.

Thank you for your reply dck22, I will place order for a Kenji half case. I cannot see good reason for SD card slot opening in half case with camera having provision for two SD cards. Kind regards, V23.