Just switched to Fuji from Nikon!

I just switched from Nikon to Fuji about two months ago! I sold my Nikon D750, D5200 and lenses and bought the X-T1, X-E1 (backup body) and the X-100 as a travel camera. I also got the 56mm 1.2 R, the 23mm 1.4 and the Rokinon 10mm 2.8. I've done one wedding so far and several real estate jobs and I am in love with Fuji! Their lens selection is superb and their primes are to drool over. Knowing what I could get from their lenses was the deciding factor in my decision to switch. I'm in love with the X-T1. It has spoiled me for DSLR's. I never want to go back. There is something about shooting with Fuji's that inspires and is enjoyable. Fuji camera's also have some much class and style. In my opinion, the graphite silver X-T1 is the best looking digital camera on the market, followed very closely by the X100 series. 

I love photography and Fuji's enhance that love. They inspire creativity. I'm so happy to have the Fuji community to be able to connect with! 

Attached is a shot I got of my wife in a hotel room several weeks back. Taken with the X-100. 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Not at all! I shot a wedding recently as a lead shooter using my X-T1 and X-E2 with my 23mm and 56mm lenses and absolutely loved it. I was very pleased with the performance and images I got. I still don't miss my DSLR's. 

• 4 weeks later...

I also used to be a Nikon-user... (D80 and later D300S).

I made the change to Fuji, when the X-T1 came on the market... that was my second one... also had a X-100 (fixed lens).

about 3 weeks ago I also bought the X-T10...

Together with the lenses : 10-24 mm // 18-55 mm // 55-200 mm // 56mm (1.2) and 35mm (2.0), I can honestly say, that I didn't regret it for a second.

The colours are so bright and for normal photo's the quality is really great.

So don't doubt... hire one for a weekend and use it the fullest... then you can decide what to do...

I have shot weddings for years and a couple of those years it was my primary income.  When I jumped over to Fuji XT1 I did one years worth of research in reading others experiences that did commercial work like me and read what they experienced.  When I made the jump, there were zero surprises because I had done so much research.  I had to make sure it was the right choice because it was my business, my name and a large part of my families income.

My Nikon gear (last owned was D3s, D700, D610) performed excellent and were tough built.  Problem was 1) I got sick of the bulk and weight having to lug it around 8 - 12hrs a day every weekend and at every family shoot and at every engagement shoot, and other shoots in between) .... 2) my D700 failed at a wedding and required $400 to fix, my D3s locked up with ERR code time and time again at paid gigs and $800 to NPS and it still wasn't fixed!!, and my D610 shutter blew apart at a wedding and it was $350 to fix).  I got fed up with the bodies giving me problems.

I shot all last year with one Nikon body and XT1 where I would mostly use XT1 to push it and see how I found it.  There definitely is a learning curve as it is a different tool.  But I was wanting to try something new so the timing was good.  At the start of my 2016 season I am now fully XT1 (two bodies).  The only thing I miss is a powerful TTL flash that I can put on my camera body and point towards a wall or ceiling when in a very large room for very quick shots.  That is a small part of my shoots, but I noticed it lacking in the wimpy iNissin 40 that I use.  My Youngnou flashes work perfect on the XT1 ... so that part was a painless transition. :)

Oh ... I noticed the dynamic range of images from the Nikon D610 dropped when going to the Fuji XT1.  I almost always shoot raw and noticed it when I push the images hard due to a mistake on my part or the auto exposure of the camera screwed up.  It has not been an issue.  It was simply something I noticed when pushing the editing ... particularly in trying to recover blown out highlights.

Edited by Adam Woodhouse