Alternative Lens Plate for XF100-400mm?

alex.reusch

Does anybody know if there is an alternative solution to the MLP-75XF lens plate? To add this plate to the already clunky foot is everything else than an elegant solution and a real shame for such a great lens. As it seems to be not possible to change the lens collar itself, I noticed that it is possible to remove the foot from the collar. Now it would be nice, if there is an Arca Swiss compatible foot to add to the default lens collar, without having to add a separate plate on the foot.

Any ideas? 3rd Party?

I personally think the $5 PU-70 will fit great.

I don't think separate leg will appear soon.

Probably there is collar plate with bigger diameter that could be cut, drilled, and mounted. But it's also not best solution.

Edited by yukosteel

I personally think the $5 PU-70 will fit great.

I don't think separate leg will appear soon.

Probably there is collar plate with bigger diameter that could be cut, drilled, and mounted. But it's also not best solution.

I have a $10 70mm plate from amazon. Screwed it on tightly and works great. I will probably never take it off.

I think TS wants to find the Leg replacement. I was also confused first by the thread name.

It's interesting. I've explored market options of whole packs of "quick release lens collar", and they are all quite expensive.

Potentially, it's possible to cut upper area of such leg+collar, then drill 2 holes and put there 2 connection screws.