X Pro 2 Issue - Shutter Stuck? with Lens 18 - 55

Like most of you guys I have got mine shiny X Pro 2 last Friday and has been playing with it for the last few days.

The first day I had that resetting issues and it got resolved by itself after leaving the battery in the camera body for more than 24 hrs. So it only happened once to me.

Another strange / annoying issue is more concerned, I have experience at least 5 - 6 times, when I push the shutter buttons, I hear twice shutter movement sound(normally once), after the second one, the shutter feels like stuck somehow and on the LCD I see a partially black screen with the top having some light/image displayed (to me it feels like the shutter hasn't fully return to the position). And then the camera gives me an error message - 'Turn off the camera and turn it back on'. If I reboot the camera, the issue is resolved. But not sure when it will come back, as said, I have seen this 5 - 6 times so far. At this stage, I am not sure if this is a defect in the camera or the lens (I bought both them last week) or even the SD card which is a very old and slow Sandisk one (45mb/s).

Just wondering if you have experienced something similar to my second issue and how you solved it? As it happens randomly, I haven't got any video or photo of it yet.

Thanks!

Just replied with this in the other thread. Figured this would be more direct since we are experiencing the same issue.

"I have been having this exact same issue since I got mine on Monday. It has happened with the 23, 35, and 90mm. Just a few times with the 23 and 35. But on the 90, it's happened about 15-20 times already. The 16, 56, and 50-230 have all been fine so far. Also, this only appears to happen in mechanical shutter mode. I have not be able to replicate the error in ES mode. I have always witness the same thing with the shutter prior to the error occurring. Seems to almost get semi-stuck. I have only seen the partially black LCD immediately following the shutter issue twice. The rest of the time, it has completely blacked out then come back on with the error message telling me to turn off and back on again.

I've already been in contact with Fuji New Jersey and they indicated that they haven't received any reports of this issue yet as the camera is barely starting to get into people's hands. They also indicated that without getting the body in their service center, they have no way of knowing what is wrong and as such, won't be able to give us any insight over the phone. I plan on having mine sent in next Monday or Tuesday. I'll be using it through the weekend primarily in ES. Otherwise, loving the output and feel of the cam so far. It is absolutely amazing."

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Folks.

I've got the same issue as you, shutter curtain stuck followed with the "Turn Off/On" message.

I sent back my X-Pro 2 to Fujifilm France for a check/repair last week.

Fujifilm France told me that my camera is the first and unique case at this time in France with this issue, and they cannot repair it at this time 'cause they don't have any detached pieces right now (pretty obvious for a new camera launch...).

Also they don't know when it will get repaired, it could take a month or more...

I ask them if there's anyway to get a standard exchange, judging by their answer I don't think I'll got any... 

They told me they got two solutions for me :

- They ship me my camera back, and when they got the detached pieces, I'll return them for the repair.

- They say they can provide me a loan camera during the whole repair process, but they don't have any...

For a standard exchange, as they explained me, they have to get the approval from Fujifilm Japan... They call me back this week... Wait and see...

Edited by thierrynguyn

• 2 weeks later...

Hi folks got some news from my Fuji rep about this issue.

Unfortunately this issue it's an hardware issue, so it can't be fixed by an update firmware, You have to send it to Fuji services for check repair...

This was confirmed by fujifilm france when they got mine into their services.

The issue it's apparently the Curtain shutter issue that get stuck before the turn off on message appeared.

Unfortunately for me, my camera it's still the first and the only one case in France they got, that's why it takes much time to be resolve fastly...

It's been two weeks now since they got mine, I've got some news last Monday, they will exchange mine when they'll got one since they still don't know when they'll get the detached pieces to repair it. In the waiting process they'll send me a loan camera in the next days or next week.

What is your serial number guys for listing what series are concerned, mine is 61M05XXX

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

My four day old X Pro 2 just had the same problem.  Curtain stuck with a 18-55 lens attached.  Turned the camera off and then back on, it completed the snap. Removed the 18-55 and attached a 35mm lens.  Three shutter snaps later it stuck again.  Camera now headed back to amazon.  Debating whether to buy another X Pro 2 or send back the new lenses also and move on.  Reliability is the No. 1 required attribute before all else.  Fuji has stumbled.

• 4 weeks later...

Just experienced this issue with my X-Pro2 yesterday. At first I thought it was the black frame issue, but I don't have a black frame from when the issue occurred. But the issue seemed similar with the "turn camera off and on" error message. I tried to take a photo, the shutter stuck 2/3 across the frame, leaving a partial area of the sensor still exposed, and then the camera went to the error message. This only happened once over the course of a 10-hour shooting day, but it was really scary. I'll be calling Fujifilm in the US to see what they say.