Fellow X-Pro2 owners: anyone else had their camera freeze up where the only remedy is to remove the battery?  This happened when I was scrolling through the menu.  

*on a side note, I've also had the issue of the menus resetting.  

Thanks!

Mine froze today while showing it to my friend. I was in playback mode and pressed the top Fn button which brought up the wireless function. I then pressed the Disp/Back button to exit and nothing happened. What was really surprising was that I then shut off the camera with the shutter collar switch and it still refused to shut down. I had to remove the camera for it to actually shut off.

The reset is usually caused by the CPU not having enough charge, try putting a fully charged battery in and leave for 24hrs and you should find the settings are intact - I have not had that issue but did leave fully charged battery in the camera for nearly 24hrs before changing settings/ using the camera - no issues, the camera has been off since Sat and I have just checked it and all the settings are still intact.

The reset is usually caused by the CPU not having enough charge, try putting a fully charged battery in and leave for 24hrs and you should find the settings are intact - I have not had that issue but did leave fully charged battery in the camera for nearly 24hrs before changing settings/ using the camera - no issues, the camera has been off since Sat and I have just checked it and all the settings are still intact.

So I've understood that you leave a day a full battery before use first time the camera: but, during this time, do you simply leave the camera off, or on?

Thanks

Andrea

Apologies, but this is not correct. The CPU does not require a "charge" any more than your SD memory card does. What you're referring to is the battery-backed up RAM that was common a couple of decades ago. The settings data for the X-Pro 2 is stored in Flash memory on the main board of the camera. Fuji has already acknowledged that they are aware of some people experiencing resets and are looking into it. When they find the problem, it will be fixed via a firmware update.

The reason you have not experienced it is because you have probably not come across one of the possible sequence or scenarios that trigger the reset; not because you put in a fully charged battery.