26 replies to this topic

#21 adzman808

adzman808

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 09:18 AM

Advertisement (Gone after free registration)

that’s beside the point.

Shimashams has been charged a serious pretty penny.

I don't think his camera was in warranty then.

Also, they should (would?) of advised him the repair cost before carrying out the work

Let's get the full story
Cheers, Adam
My Website, home of the largest X-Pro1 opinion piece on the 'net:
http://adambonn.com/

#22 adzman808

adzman808

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 09:22 AM

Hi .
I am new to this forum because I need help :-)
I am not new to photography ( Film and Digital, over 40 yrs )
Been using my XE2 with 18-55 2.8 R LM OIS lens for about a year with no problems....really like it
This morning whilst taking close up shots everything was normal, then pressing the shutter button the screen froze, purple lines appeared on the LCD, buttons locked inc the battery on off switch, the only way to turn off was to remove the battery.
New battery inserted ...starts normally , seems to display the view on rear screen ok then on touching any button it locks the scene, locks all buttons, nothing functions inc menu button and again only turns off by removing the battery.
I have not done any firmware updates, not had to it worked fine until today....seems like a similar problem to the one in this thread but without me doing a firmware update.
any clues as to what might be wrong?
How do I get it to reset if thats whats needed...I cant access the menu to even do a firmware update....
Stumped.
Thanks in advance
Rob

Rob's (shimshams) post doesn't read like software to me...
Cheers, Adam

#23 milandro

milandro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,927 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 06:47 PM

he knows from the report so he might tell us.

In any case it’s a lot of money for a camera that didn’t suffer any trauma from falling or being dropped in water.

the popular expression wishful thinking is an oxymoron!

#24 adzman808

adzman808

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 11:51 PM

he knows from the report so he might tell us.

In any case it’s a lot of money for a camera that didn’t suffer any trauma from falling or being dropped in water.

let's hope so...

the parts cost what they cost... if you break a part in one way or a different way, the cost of that part is the same, no?

Cheers, Adam

#25 etherize

etherize

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 21 August 2016 - 05:48 AM

Edit:

Apparently I fail at reading comprehension. On the firmware update page for X-E2 it says for upgrades from 1.00 to 4.00 to execute SET-UP > RESET > SHOOTING MENU RESET and SET-UP RESET. After doing that everything works and I am back in business. Hope this can help someone else.

Yes!  It helped me. :)  I was having some of the same problems you and the OP mentioned.  Followed your steps, and voilà!  It's all back to normal.  I've never installed a firmware update before just because I was afraid I'd screw something up.  Thought I'd read all the instructions carefully enough to avoid problems, but no.  Fortunately, I found this forum. :)

• Curiojo likes this

#26 skooney

skooney

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 10:44 PM

I too have had problems after upgrading the firmware on my xe2. I followed all the instructions carefully and after the upgrade the camera worked fine until I turned it off. When I turn it on again it will either do nothing, turn on for a split second (and I believe show a battery exhausted warning?) or actually work. Last night I turned it on and off successfully 3 times before it did nothing. I have checked the batteries and they are fine - charged. 

I can take the card out and the battery out and wait a few minutes then put them back in and sometimes it will start but usually not.

The only thing I question at this point is the card. I had it in a Nikon camera and then switched it to this camera. I did format it and reset the resets, etc.

I'm very puzzled to say the least. Any thoughts?

#27 milandro

milandro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,927 posts

Posted 18 November 2016 - 07:53 AM

I sold my X-E2 non log ago but I’ve used ofter the upgrade with cards that were nothing special. In fact I’ve sold the camera witha very cheap 4Gb card that I had lef from years ago one that was very slow for sure and the camera worked all the same.

Re install the software hoping that something went wrong and that installing on top would cure whatever went wrong. you shouldn’t have any of those problems after and firmware upgrade. I didn’t.

the popular expression wishful thinking is an oxymoron!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: x-e2, technical, troubleshooting, fw4.0

x

Registration is free

Not registered? Really?

Discover the full potential of the Fuji X Forum... register now!
Registration is free and done in a few minutes!

As registered member you can discuss, post your questions and present your images.
And get in contact with Fuji X photographers worldwide!

We are looking forward to you!

The Fuji X Forum Team

Register Close