Camera doesn't shoot

I hope it's not a problem with me new X-E2. I've bought it since a couple weeks but I haven't used it yet because I'm waiting for the lens (I've only got the camera body).

I've ordered two adapters, one for M39 lenses, the other for the M42.

Today I was trying a Leica screw mount with the adapter but I had this strange stuff: camera doesn't shoot. I've set it up in manual, adjusted the type of lens in the adapter menu of the camera, but when I press the button nothing happens.

On the screen doesn't appear any speed nor aperture.

I've checked on the manual but it only says about hypothetical problems with the card, or batteries not charged, and so on.

My case is not contemplated. Any hint on what might be?

I haven't tried the M42 adapter (both this and the M39 aren't original Fuji) to see if works.

Thanks for any help.

In shooting mode it won't  recognise the focal length or aperture.  Once you've set the focal length in the menu, the camera only recognises the focal length, not aperture, in the EXIF in review mode.

I don't have an X-E2, but I'm sure the menu option is the same as the X-Pro1 which I use with a number of adaptors for my Leica and other manual lenses.

In the menu you have to manually set the focal length that you're using, and then remember to do this every time you mount the adaptor.

There are 6 focal lengths in the menu, 4 are pre-set and then 2 which you can customise. The focal length which you set will then show up in the EXIF.

Edited by Mike K

Yep, I've tried this morning with all my Leica and Takumar lenses, really great. And yes, I know about the adapter setting options I change it every time I use a different lens.

One thing I haven't found here: can the camera being recognized by the computer as mass storage? I use Ubuntu and taking the card out every time is quite boring. I've tried to connect it via usb but nothing happened.

With my Sony RX I always used to connect it via usb and download the pictures on the computer.