65 replies to this topic

#41 MSW

MSW

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 26 April 2016 - 02:18 AM

Advertisement (Gone after free registration)

The only thing I don't like about the X-E2 is the buttons AF-L and AE-L just below the EV selector. They're located really bad since when holding the camera I usually put my thumb over it. There shouldn't be anything in that place on any camera.

Actually, I like the location of the AF-L button.  I usually set the camera to manual focus and in that mode pushing the AF-L is "back button focus".

#42 kim

kim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 26 April 2016 - 10:50 AM

That little flash is one of my favourite features of the X-E2, I use it quite a lot as it turns out. Love the fact that it can be pointed up. It's great at adding a little bit of fill as needed, just dial in your EC and shoot.

• analogcabin and MartinP like this

X-T1 | X-E2 | XF 16-55 F/2.8 | XF 18 F/2 | XF 23 F/1.4 | XF 35 F/1.4 | XF 56 F/1.2 | 8mm Fisheye | Some other cameras and lenses that don't fit Fuji - well unless I use an adaptor that is.

#43 mlubomirov

mlubomirov

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 April 2016 - 06:40 PM

More fn buttons - please
  • MartinP likes this

#44 Jürgen Heger

Jürgen Heger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 30 April 2016 - 12:43 AM

Instead of fn buttons which bring me to a menu I would prefer more direct access switsches. Here comes into my mind a switch like the AF mode lever but switching between Single AF, Zone and Wide or a dial to select flash compensation directly.

I tend to forget what function I programmed on what button. So fn buttons are not of much help for me. The only one I remember because I use it quite often is that the down button on the four way selector enables AF point selection.

#45 johant

johant

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 570 posts

Posted 30 April 2016 - 07:35 AM

More fn buttons - please

Less for me. I'd rather have well laid out dedicated buttons than buttons I have to program myself.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
  • Jürgen Heger likes this

#46 cosinaphile

cosinaphile

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 14 June 2016 - 01:46 PM

while i share your enthusiasm for an xe2 successor .....i must add two provisos to your vision.... 

firstly i do not understand why it needs to look like a  baby xpro model , keeping the body the same as or nearly the same as the xe1 xe2 xe2s bodies allows fuji much more simplicity and cost savings over tooling for a new body form increasing the likelyhood of it being produced  where margins may be thin.........secondly , a inbuilt flash is absolutely useful and desirable in a camera .....any camera,  for at least these  these  few reasons 

~ for fill flash in daylight to make shadows less harsh....{.yes its weak   but its usable up to 1\250 [ beyond 180 on mine :)  ] at iso 100 with high f stops almost always helpful }

~ for emergency flash ...  some flash is better than no flash if you dont have a mounted flash and have no other recourse .

~ for triggering off camera  flashes  ....highly useful  multiple tiny slaves  can be a blast    ....try it

In my world  where just having Fuji  produce it is of  major  importance ....i would want fuji to  make these improvements 

the 24 mp sensor of course  

latest process engine  

fastest  processor   biggest  buffer...manageable 

change algorithms for noise reduction  to end the "waxy skin " phenomenon 

higher res evf

.   and icing on the cake would be a updated  lcd panel  and a higher GN for the inbuilt flash 

that would make me happy 

Edited by cosinaphile, 14 June 2016 - 01:55 PM.

• Curiojo likes this

#47 mdm

mdm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 14 June 2016 - 02:49 PM

The main issue with smaller bodies like XE-x could be their inability to absorb and dissipate heat effectively and as we know Fuji's latest processor is quite hot.

Edited by mdm, 14 June 2016 - 02:52 PM.

• macminipro likes this

#48 milandro

milandro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 14 June 2016 - 02:50 PM

I love this forum.

We don’t even know IF there is ever going to be a X-E3 and we are already asking about features and fighting over them.

• Curiojo likes this

the popular expression wishful thinking is an oxymoron!

#49 Immanuel

Immanuel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 14 June 2016 - 06:23 PM

A follow up on my suggestion about a smaller screen to accommodate the bigger EVF. I imagine a lower screen - not i less wide screen. A change in aspect ratio can give the option to put some of the shooting info (like ISO, SS and A) next to the image as opposed to on top of the image. Yes, the image will still be slightly smaller, but if we skip the tilt, it might make a thinner frame possible.

#50 darngooddesign

darngooddesign

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 05:18 PM

I'm not suggesting an ubercamera, I'm just suggesting to make X-E3 / X-T2 a choice of form factor, not of features. I'd want both to have the same basic features and price, just let the form factor be the difference. I agree it's unlikely that Fuji will do this but I'd like it.

The XE3 will never have all of the top tier camera features, it and the XT11 will be less expensive for a reason.

They should have the new sensor/processor which means joystick (possibly touchscreen as well) and the current design language has screen on the left and all buttons on the right.

Edited by darngooddesign, 16 June 2016 - 05:18 PM.

#51 milandro

milandro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 05:39 PM

or not, we shall see. In Doris Day’s immortal words...

The future's not ours to see. Que Sera Sera

• Curiojo likes this

#52 darngooddesign

darngooddesign

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 11:21 AM

Sure , or not, but nothing will kill interest in the X-E body quicker than the same old sensor.

This is all assuming there will be an X-E3.

#53 milandro

milandro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 11:25 AM

which falls into the category “ we shall see...”.. I am sure that at the marketing department someone if trying to think what they want to do with this and how they want to do it

Edited by milandro, 17 June 2016 - 11:26 AM.

#54 darngooddesign

darngooddesign

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 03:17 PM

I think so as well which is why I'm helping Fuji by guiding their product developers. You're welcome.

Edited by darngooddesign, 17 June 2016 - 03:17 PM.

#55 milandro

milandro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 03:35 PM

they are eagerly following this thread, taking notes as we speak...

Meanwhile, how would you like to have the X-E4...?

Edited by milandro, 17 June 2016 - 03:36 PM.

#56 darngooddesign

darngooddesign

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 18 June 2016 - 01:13 PM

I'm still developing that proposal for Fuji. I can't disclose anything yet, but I promise you will be the first to know.

Edited by darngooddesign, 18 June 2016 - 01:16 PM.

#57 milandro

milandro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 11:06 AM

take your time, nobody is in any particular hurry 

#58 darngooddesign

darngooddesign

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 11:51 PM

You're right. People are more interested in the XE3 than the XE4.

#59 cyrus2

cyrus2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 October 2016 - 03:59 PM

3 things need attention 1, auto focus must be much quicker ,2, lower the native iso  50 or 100 in raw ,3 proper use able flash system with hss  and wireless trigger system.

#60 WaveDancer

WaveDancer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 October 2016 - 10:52 AM

For a harcore outdoor fotographer like me WR is a must. I'll keep my X100T because of the leaf shutter (would change it to a X100F WR if ever available), but if the sucesssor of the X-E2s is not WR and has better Video features I'll have to change to Panasonic GX8. A X-E3 with the new X-trans III sensor seems to be logic as well. Battery door should open when on a tripod. 

Edited by WaveDancer, 19 October 2016 - 10:52 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: x-e2, x-e2s, x-e3, concept

x

Registration is free

Not registered? Really?

Discover the full potential of the Fuji X Forum... register now!
Registration is free and done in a few minutes!

As registered member you can discuss, post your questions and present your images.
And get in contact with Fuji X photographers worldwide!

We are looking forward to you!

The Fuji X Forum Team

Register Close