Hopefully a useful reference guide for some - X-T1 vs. X-E2 Specs

davehutch

I have both cameras, I thought it might be a good idea to keep hold of my X-E2 body and sure enough, now fw 4.0 is available, I'm really glad I did.

It occurred to me that the two cameras are now not so different to each other, so I started putting together a comparison spreadsheet of specs, using the latest fw versions for both cameras.

Hopefully, if you're in two minds about whether to keep your X-E2, upgrade to an X-T1 or maybe even buy a second-hand X-E2 instead of an X-T1, this might help.

Let me know if I got anything wrong, but I did most of this using the info on Fuji's website so it should be accurate

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NT0gidgtP6nT7681vRpSJgh34ShverMhbqycOZGydCs/edit?usp=sharing

Dave

This is exactly what I intended to do as, like you, I have an X-T1 and an XE-2. Thanks very much for doing the hard work! Now these two cameras are so similar it makes life rather easy when switching between the two. I'm off to New Zealand next week for 5 weeks so the timing of the update to v4 is perfect! 

Great comparison.

I think it would be useful to add also following sections:

• Items that can be saved in Custom Settings preset (in X-E1 i includes ISO, don't know about X-E2)
  • Functions that can be assigned to FN buttons
  • Buttons/menu items that can be Locked
  • Items that can NOT be disabled in Custom Screen mode (e.g. yellow blur warning in X-E1, hope it's configurable in X-E2)
  • Physical remote shutter slot on shutter button
  • Customization of Q menu - any differences?

Thanks JRphoto. Fuji have updated their specs on both cameras so I've re-pasted the shutter info from their website.

Yeah, it's true, they messed up with this information, but it is, above all, wrong, as you can see in page EN-6 of the last manual: http://www.fujifilm.com/support/digital_cameras/manuals/pdf/index/x/fujifilm_xt1_manual_06_en_es_ru_zhs.pdf

Besides, anyone with an X-T1 can confirrm that the minimum shutter speed using the electronic shutter is 1s for the X-T1.

Thanks JRphoto. Fuji have updated their specs on both cameras so I've re-pasted the shutter info from their website.

I'll have a trawl through the rest over the weekend.

yukosteel, would you like to put that list together and I'll add it to the spread sheet?

Yes, I can do that for X-T1 in copy of your file, and send you tonight.

Update: here is temporary shared GDoc with X-T only part:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tVADWdLi5pGgnGQOo4zkXvJG_9ZgOmMrQ4pEwQFOoOE/edit?usp=sharing

Please copy it and use content for your file, so I'll delete share later.

Exactly, X-E2 improved so much and have so little differences that I've decided to buy it, and sell the X-T1 ! : )

Would you please tell me, regarding the X-E2, which is the minimum shutter speed using the electronic shutter: 1 second or 4 seconds? Thanks!

Yes, I can do that for X-T1 in copy of your file, and send you tonight.

Update: here is temporary shared GDoc with X-T only part:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tVADWdLi5pGgnGQOo4zkXvJG_9ZgOmMrQ4pEwQFOoOE/edit?usp=sharing

Please copy it and use content for your file, so I'll delete share later.

Thanks. I've copied the info into a new tab on my file so you can now delete. Is all the info there for both cameras or do I need to check the X-E2?

I can check my X-E2 over the weekend if necessary

Do you know how to set shutter in electronic shutter manually with XC 50 230 (might be the same with 16 50) ?

Wheel works as aperture there.

When i tried it with XF, apterture ring works ok, wheel is for shutter.

Probably best to make a new thread with your question, as it's purely an operational query and nothing to do with the spread sheet I've created

Do you know how to set shutter in electronic shutter manually with XC 50 230 (might be the same with 16 50) ?

Wheel works as aperture there.

When i tried it with XF, apterture ring works ok, wheel is for shutter.

If you are asking about X-E2 - set setting of Command Dial to control shutter ( page 106 of manual)

Thanks. I've copied the info into a new tab on my file so you can now delete. Is all the info there for both cameras or do I need to check the X-E2?

I can check my X-E2 over the weekend if necessary

I've added only X-T1. But I've ordered X-E2, and read mostly all updated PDF manual. Looks like X-E2 will have mostly same settings, except at least:

- don't see ability to turn off BLUR WARNING : (

- No LOCK function. However partial workaround is to set "NONE" to Fn button that need to be disabled

- X-E2 has different AutoISO

I'm impressed how close X-E2 now adopts most of X-T1 customizations and features. It's significant changes, ant totally different camera now.

• 2 weeks later...