Base plate with battery access for X-T1 and X-E2?

rafikiphoto

I am not sure if you mean a small plate that you can mount under the camera while maintaining access to battery or battery and card.

I have several small plates which all slide in arca-swiss type ballheads but none which guarantees access to the battery (X-T1) or Battery-card (X-E2).

So that’s why I originally bought a L bracket. Those have access and offer also some protection and extra grip at the price of somewhat larger size and increased weight.

They would fit most tripods  and weird holsters with an arca slide ( those holsters scare me, my camera would be forever bumping into things if I had one but I suppose that if one is hiking and needs both hands free that they are the thing but I am not all that adventurous a type)

There are really many and come in different prices even when they are the same.

I have one for the X-T1 and they sell also models for the X-E (1 or 2). If you look around there are many at very different prices, which are the exact same product 

There are some around for about half the price shown here

photomadd-fujifilm-xt1-grip-arca-swiss-plate-black-6_2x.jpg

Most other brands, besides being a lot cheaper  than Fuji, have a central screw-in to the camera, but, like the Fuji base, they offer the possibility to slide from left to right in a tripod attachment.

One thing that the Fuji design doesn’t have is a L bracket to allow the simple vertical positioning of the camera. Yes, you can, of course use the ball head for this but it is a lot more practical to switch from vertical to horizontal. The Fuji base has ha good rubberized front grip surface which not all the “ universal” one have although the grip of universal model ( which is generally detachable ) could easily be dipped into some rubberizing coating.

Quick-Release-Plate-Vertical-L-Bracket-C

317644751.jpg

They are certainly very elegant but how would you use a Gariz halfcase to mount the camera on a tripod with an arca mount? Adding a plate under that would be very clumsy beside the expense of the garitz halfcase.

It isn`t clumsy at all, I have one permanently fixed to the base of mine without any issues whatsoever.  It`s only a tiny plate.

Yellerz, perhaps you have mistaken my intent, my comment was a not at all offensive. Quite the contrary, there are many ways to solve a problem and yours might be just as good or even better than mine.

Whatever floats your boat, great!

It meant:  if this is what you like then it is great!

Perhaps you are not familiar with this term? I thought this was used in the UK as much as in other parts of the world. I don’t need to apologize but there was an is no hostility in my answer to you.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=whatever+floats+your+boat

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/whatever_floats_your_boat

• 10 months later...