Clicky

Photo

Base plate with battery access for X-T1 and X-E2?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 rafikiphoto

rafikiphoto

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 09:03 AM

Advertisement (Gone after free registration)

I'm looking for base plates with battery access and with a tripod socket sufficiently removed to fit a Peak Design standard tripod plate and allow easy battery removal. Does any one have any recommendations?

#2 milandro

milandro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,939 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 10:07 AM

I am not sure if you mean a small plate that you can mount under the camera while maintaining access to battery or battery and card.

I have several small plates which all slide in arca-swiss type ballheads but none which guarantees access to the battery (X-T1) or Battery-card (X-E2).

So that’s why I originally bought a L bracket. Those have access and offer also some protection and extra grip at the price of somewhat larger size and increased weight.

They would fit most tripods  and weird holsters with an arca slide ( those holsters scare me, my camera would be forever bumping into things if I had one but I suppose that if one is hiking and needs both hands free that they are the thing but I am not all that adventurous a type)

There are really many and come in different prices even when they are the same.

I have one for the X-T1 and they sell also models for the X-E (1 or 2). If you look around there are many at very different prices, which are the exact same product 

There are some around for about half the price shown here

photomadd-fujifilm-xt1-grip-arca-swiss-plate-black-6_2x.jpg

the popular expression wishful thinking is an oxymoron!

#3 quincy

quincy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 01:54 PM

There's the Fuji MHG-XT S baseplate with sensor-centered tripod thread and built in arca swiss compatible rail, that allows access to the battery door. However, I don't know what a Peak Design standard tripod plate is.

#4 milandro

milandro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,939 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 02:02 PM

Most other brands, besides being a lot cheaper  than Fuji, have a central screw-in to the camera, but, like the Fuji base, they offer the possibility to slide from left to right in a tripod attachment.

One thing that the Fuji design doesn’t have is a L bracket to allow the simple vertical positioning of the camera. Yes, you can, of course use the ball head for this but it is a lot more practical to switch from vertical to horizontal. The Fuji base has ha good rubberized front grip surface which not all the “ universal” one have although the grip of universal model ( which is generally detachable ) could easily be dipped into some rubberizing coating.

Quick-Release-Plate-Vertical-L-Bracket-C

317644751.jpg

#5 Yellerz

Yellerz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationYorkshire, UK

Posted 06 February 2016 - 11:35 PM

You could go for a Gariz leather half case with the aluminium base, it moves the tripod hole so it`s not an issue any more.  It`s a bit of a pricey solution but the cases are nice too!

#6 milandro

milandro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,939 posts

Posted 07 February 2016 - 09:16 AM

They are certainly very elegant but how would you use a Gariz halfcase to mount the camera on a tripod with an arca mount? Adding a plate under that would be very clumsy beside the expense of the garitz halfcase.

#7 Yellerz

Yellerz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationYorkshire, UK

Posted 07 February 2016 - 04:35 PM

They are certainly very elegant but how would you use a Gariz halfcase to mount the camera on a tripod with an arca mount? Adding a plate under that would be very clumsy beside the expense of the garitz halfcase.

It isn`t clumsy at all, I have one permanently fixed to the base of mine without any issues whatsoever.  It`s only a tiny plate.

#8 milandro

milandro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,939 posts

Posted 07 February 2016 - 04:46 PM

if that floats you boat, great!

#9 milandro

milandro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,939 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 09:22 AM

Yellerz, perhaps you have mistaken my intent, my comment was a not at all offensive. Quite the contrary, there are many ways to solve a problem and yours might be just as good or even better than mine.

Whatever floats your boat, great!

It meant:  if this is what you like then it is great!

Perhaps you are not familiar with this term? I thought this was used in the UK as much as in other parts of the world. I don’t need to apologize but there was an is no hostility in my answer to you.

http://www.urbandict...loats your boat

https://en.wiktionar...loats_your_boat

#10 FX Admin

FX Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 176 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 03:24 PM

Just deleted one post.

No insults please. Thank you.

Andreas

Support the Fuji X Forum - at no cost!
Simply use these links to buy via Amazon US or eBay

#11 mfk

mfk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationSwitzerland

Posted 21 December 2016 - 10:40 AM

Are the base plates of X-E1 and X-E2 identical? Fuji is offering a model to suit both bodys.
But I'm looking for a L-bracket type. Some supplyers (e.g. ishoot) do offer different models.

Thanks for information.

#12 milandro

milandro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,939 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 10:43 AM

yes, they are, L plates fitting ( also halfcases) the X-E1 will fit the X-E2

x

Registration is free

Not registered? Really?

Discover the full potential of the Fuji X Forum... register now!
Registration is free and done in a few minutes!

As registered member you can discuss, post your questions and present your images.
And get in contact with Fuji X photographers worldwide!

We are looking forward to you!

The Fuji X Forum Team

Register Close