89 replies to this topic

#81 milandro

milandro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,642 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 12:54 PM

Advertisement (Gone after free registration)

...rapidly progressing towards the largest camera/lens arrangement out there to the point that the advantage of having a small sensor is absolutely nullified.

chutzpah 

the popular expression wishful thinking is an oxymoron!

To all TAPATALK users

As a form of courtesy towards your fellow users of this forum, PLEASE remove the obnoxious tapatalk signature, it adds nothing to anyone’s contribution and it is only a sneaky way used by tapatalk to push their product by polluting each forum participant with promoting their products with unpaid advertising for their software and the brand of your phone. Removing it is easy and it is an act of courtesy that shows respect for all those whom are annoyed by this pointless feature. This is not a personal attack to you, the annoyance is caused by tapatalk and the phone or tablet brands, they are getting all the exposure and you gain nothing by this.

#82 9.V.III

9.V.III

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 01 July 2017 - 08:05 AM

It is unrealistic... There is a reason Pro DSLR's are big. They have bigger motors, more/faster processing, bigger batteries, more heat dissipation, more robust mechanicals etc. They can be rapid fired all day long and handle it.

A camera the size of the X-T1 just cannot match that nor is it meant to. That doesn't mean that someone cannot shoot some wildlife or sports with an X-T1, but it is nowhere near the level of performance of a Pro DSLR.

Hey would you look at that! Sony made a professional Mirrorless camera that shoots faster than anything else on the market! And it's the same size as the X-T2!
What a bunch of miracle workers they must have over there at Sony.
Fuji should probably just give up and stop making cameras since Sony now has the ability to defy physics and is the only company with the technology to make such high performance mirrorless cameras so small.
http://www.imaging-r...a9/sony-a9A.HTM
http://www.imaging-r.../fuji-x-t2A.HTM

#83 mdm

mdm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 01 July 2017 - 07:45 PM

Hey would you look at that! Sony made a professional Mirrorless camera that shoots faster than anything else on the market! ....
Fuji should probably just give up and stop making cameras since Sony now has ....

how cute

#84 9.V.III

9.V.III

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 01:46 PM

how cute

I know right?

Around here any mention of Fuji getting into sports photography is met with about as much positivity as someone selling ice cubes at the North Pole.
"Some people" keep saying it's impossible, and here Sony is just doing it anyway.
Everyone on the Internet is extremely positive about the A9, but apparently it's some sort of crime against photography to suggest that Fuji could do just as well.

#85 mdm

mdm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 07:32 PM

We all want Fuji could do better and better but they hardly will if they give up and stop their camera business.Personaly, I've already lost my temper awaiting for XE3 and started shooting film.

Edited by mdm, 03 July 2017 - 07:35 PM.

#86 9.V.III

9.V.III

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 06:31 AM

We all want Fuji could do better and better but they hardly will if they give up and stop their camera business.Personaly, I've already lost my temper awaiting for XE3 and started shooting film.

That specific comment (saying that Fuji should give up), was sarcasm.

Look at the conversation on this thread, I'm one of the few people who wants large professional lenses on the Fuji ecosystem and half the other comments are honestly telling Fuji not to even try to get into different markets because of the mirrorless body (which Sony has obviously proven is wrong).

The biggest thing holding Fuji back is their fans.

Edited by 9.V.III, 05 July 2017 - 06:56 AM.

#87 flysurfer

flysurfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 694 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 12:30 PM

It's always good to expand the user base beyond the current niche.

Fuji X SecretsX-Pert Corner – Flickr SetsRico's Fujifilm X camera books (use code XPERT40 for a 40% discount)

#88 Tikcus

Tikcus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 02:10 AM

My thoughts aint changed a lot in last 18 months, it is an interesting lens assuming it works with the 2X T/C

I can't see me ever needing a 200 F/2 lens (or a 400 F/4), i'm please they are making it as choice is always good.

But thinking about the practicalities if you are photographing a target 10 meters away at F/2 your DOF is only 21cm, stopping it down to F/4 gives you 41cm still not a lot to work with at that range but better.

It is too short for (most) Bird photography, most would opt for the 100-400 with the 2X T/C instead too long for portraiture, guess it could be used for sports?

I'd be interested to know the people that intend to buy it, what are they planning on using it for?

"Share what you have learnt"

My Flickr

#89 Tom G Scotland

Tom G Scotland

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 03:36 PM

I would NOT be interested in a 200mm lens and I don't think many would just my thoughts and opinion

but as I have the Fuji X-T2  and also I have my Nikon d7200 I find the Tamron 70-300 lens excellent for the price of £320 and is much better than the Nikon equivalent lens

I wish Fuji would bring out  a 70-300  I think there would be more interest if it was sold at a modest price say £499,

I just find the Fuji 100-400 a little to expensive for me,

again my thoughts

what do others think? :rolleyes:

Tom G  Scotland

#90 mikEm13

mikEm13

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 06:48 PM

I have no interest in the 200 because I believe it will big and heavy. As far as a 70-300 I might have a look but it won't be below 1000 US.

Edited by mikEm13, 30 July 2017 - 06:49 PM.

Mike

x

Registration is free

Not registered? Really?

Discover the full potential of the Fuji X Forum... register now!
Registration is free and done in a few minutes!

As registered member you can discuss, post your questions and present your images.
And get in contact with Fuji X photographers worldwide!

We are looking forward to you!

The Fuji X Forum Team

Register Close