X-T1 with Leica Summaron

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 BruPri

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 09:00 PM

Advertisement (Gone after free registration)

This is my first post here so I thought I’d kick things off with a little bit about what led me (or back to) Fuji. I’m a gear head,  owned everything from my first mirrorless, an Oly E-P1, to a Leice M9/50 Summilux and everything from everyone in-between. In occasional reviewing of my images in my Lightroom library, the ones that usually made me want to see what kit I shot with were surprisingly all Fuji, X-100, X-100s, X-Pro1, X-E1, & 2. I happened upon a nice used X-T1 w/kit lens and couldn’t pass it up. Now, about my post here, a few weeks later I came upon a nice 1958, it's an M mount with infinity focus lock Summaron M 35/3.5 35mm f/3.5 Goggle Version E39. It came without eyes, and I modified the infinity focus lock to not do that. I shot a bit as is and the accumulated haze from the 57 year old glass gave it a nice vintage look IQ wise. Being the adventurous type, I disassembled the lens and cleaned the elements. Now the glass and camera are inseparable. I do occasionally shoot an adapted Nikkor 300mm, mostly for wildlife and moonshots but my everyday is the Leica. I also needed a hood and they're very expensive and sort of rare so I popped down to my local camera shop and they had an old Leica swing-away polarizer with bad glass, removed that and voila, some useful shade.

One before cleaning:

One after:

• JanJJMB likes this

#2 sac

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationZurich-Switzerland

Posted 12 February 2016 - 11:53 AM

Beautiful picture quality. I used the Summaron for many years on my M3. 

#3 sama3033

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 March 2018 - 02:29 AM

Nice, I went through college with this lens on the front of my Leica M2 - for street photography it was perfect. I could keep the whole set up in my pocket and focus by feel before it ever came out.

Registration is free

Not registered? Really?

Discover the full potential of the Fuji X Forum... register now!
Registration is free and done in a few minutes!

As registered member you can discuss, post your questions and present your images.
And get in contact with Fuji X photographers worldwide!

We are looking forward to you!

The Fuji X Forum Team

Register Close