Concert photography with Fuijfilm X-T1 / Would love to test X-T2 for concert photography

emsi

Hello out there,

my name is René van der Voorden, and I´m a professional concert photographer. I love shooting concert since about 35 years. 

Last year I sold my 20.000 € Nikon equipment with Nikon D3s and a lot of expensive glasses. It was not an easy step, but at least I´ve done it.

From last year on the Fujifilm X-T1 is my new tool for this work. The High-ISO performance on the D3S is still a little bit better, but there are more advantages for me with the X-T1.

The most important advantages for me:

1. Mirrorless. I see the result before I shoot. I can see everything through the amazing Viewfinder. Not necessary to take your eye from the Viewfinder to playback taken photos.

2. Noiseless. Some concerts are very quit (Classic, Musical, Jazz). I hate my Nikon D3S gun in this belongings and love my new quit tool. Sometimes it was not possible to shoot with Nikon because of the shutter-mirror-noise.

3. High ISO performance. Is good, but could be 2-3 stops better. On most concerts the light situation is very very bad. That could be improved. Because of my style of developing my photos with hard contrasts and pushing the shadows (and sometimes blacks), high ISO performance is even more important. 

4. Tilting LCD is very handy for shoots from the FOH with audience in front. With my Nikon I was not able to compose a over-me-head shoot. A shame, that the X-Pro2 doesn´t have this handy feature,

5. Understatement. You´ll not be noticed as a professional photographer. I like that.

6. Size. No more words necessary.

7. Weight. My Nikon stuff was much to heavy to carry over long distances.

8. Feel. The X-T1 feels perfect. I love to have those manual dials to have quick access on the most important settings.

9. Viewfinder. The High-Res and magnification and the very small lag time is perfect for my work.

10. AF is quick enough. The accuracy is better than on my Nikon D3S. 

11. Less rejects because of above mentioned. I can now concentrate on finding the perfect situation for my shoots.

My work;

Portfolio: http://www.van-der-voorden.com/portfolio/

Facebook: www.facebook.com/van.der.Voorden.Photography

@Fujifilm: I would be very interested in testing (and giving feedback) the upcoming X-T2 for concert photography purposes. Please do not hesitate to contact me :-)

Many greetings

René van der Voorden

Welcome.

If I may suggest you something.

This forum, although certainly in touch at some level with Fuji, is not owned by Fuji but it is privately owned.

If you intend to communicate with Fuji, you better get in touch with them directly

http://fujifilm-x.com/photographers/en/#main

https://www.facebook.com/Fujifilm-X-Photographers-232704076864768/