Fuji X100T or wait for X200 ?

I'm looking at buying a Fuji X100T, but just heard that Fuji is going to release an updated version rumoured to be called the X200?

Is anything much known about the X200 as yet? Is there a planned release date?

A quick Google search revealed that there has been talking about this camera since early 2014?

Wondering what to do?

these that you’ve read are rumors, sometimes rumors are right, sometimes they are not.

Rumors are often used by brands to create expectations and interest about them.

Often they are real things which will come in time.

It is possible that the photokina 2016 will yield a new fuji camera... or not.

Nobody has a crystal ball not even a site called Fuji Rumors Forum! Good luck!

http://www.fujirumors.com/?s=X200

It's kinda like when someone asks me if they should buy an iPhone 6S or wait for the 7. I tell them to wait for the 8. There will always be a newer camera however unless you knew for sure it was being released very soon, I would not wait.

I have the X100T and if it is the style of camera you are looking for, well, you will not be disappointed.  Firmware updates keep older models pretty current, much like updates to previous model iPhones keeping up with newer iPhones.

If you look at the new X Pro 2 (I have one on order) there are a lot of improvements of the X Pro 1, but that is a five year old camera. The rumor sites talk about a newer sensor, like the X Pro 2's new 24 mp and for me that is reason enough to buy it when it comes out. But no one knows for sure when it will be released; the X Pro 2 rumors were over two years old.

Maybe buy a "like new" used one and if you decide to resell it when a new model comes out, you won't take a very big loss. In the meantime, you will have been using a fantastic camera. 

Look into Amazon warehouse deals. I managed to get mine x100t described like new condition ( when arrived everything was sealed like new and frame count was 0) for £498. I also purchased both converters and my FF nikon stays in the bag collecting dust :) im very happy with my decision, good luck with yours

simple answer...

Do you want to take photos now? Or is the activity of taking photos something you are thinking about?

The X100T is out now. It is a proven camera - you can carry it around in your pocket pretty much all of the time and it takes great pictures.

If you do want to wait of the latest model - pre-order and X-Pro 2 with a 23mm f1.4 NOW and you can wait until it is available to deliver :-)

The X100T is a great camera. There aren't even any credible rumours that the X200 is anywhere near production yet. I'd be surprised to see it in the shops within a year. I'd buy an X100T now. Then, if I wanted to, I'd sell it when a new model comes on the market. That's how I've gone from an X-E1 and an X100S to an X-T1 and an X100T, and how I've kept my lens collection up to date

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I gave the link to the rumors in my post above

http://www.fujirumors.com/?s=X200

Op makes a valid point and it is not unlike the point made by those who ask themselves whether to wait for the X-T2 or not.

The dilemma is live now and buy a cheaper camera or wait and buy a newer camera some time in the future.

Of course one can wait forever or live now, on the other hand gathering information before buying is a good idea to make the best use of one’s resources.

Hello

I haven't seen any rumors about an x200, 

• 3 weeks later...

I am in Romania right now and still using my x100s. I am truly stuck waiting for xpro2 or XT2. I wish I knew exactly what xt2 would have, I have recently almost purchased an xpro1. My only problem with x100s is I want to change lens. I have not used the xt1 and at new years I found the graphite for $999 kinds should have bought it but I love the rangefinder styling. I admit I almost olways use the electronic view finder so maybe I should switch to the XT series. I just feel the xpro2 with that 35mm F2 lens they make looks so classy. I really want the 16mm prime with it. I feel it will be great for night street shooting. I guess I will wait a little longer, may end up not waiting and go XPRO2.

The camera that you have now is perfectly capable to offer you the same possibilities that you had before these new cameras came out. You are no more stuck now than you were a month ago.

I am all for looks but if you never use the so called “ rangefinder” of the X Pro and X 100 what are you doing with it? Those looks come to a very serious price!

I have a friend of mine who uses his X100S only with the EVF and now is painfully admitting that a X-E2 would have been a better choice for him.

Some people like the rangefinder because they say that in that way they can see what happens around the picture. I have both a X-T1 ( the EVF is really very good) and a X-E2.

If I want to see what happens outside of the frame that I am shooting I could  use ( but it is something that some people would hate) my right eye on the X-E2 camera while keeping the left eye open to check out the scene around, yes, it is awkward at first but can be done.

I thought of this when I went to try contact lenses. I had a problem and that was that yes, I corrected the myopia with the contact lenses but then I wouldn’t be able to read the time on my watch or read the speedometer while driving.

The optician suggested that, on top of it I have the same correction on both eyes so I would be able to use the same lens on both if I wanted, that I only buy one contact lens for my dominant eye and that with that eye I looked far and with the eye without the lens I would look for things close by.

I thought that he was vigorously pulling my leg but not, he was dead serious. There are, or so I am told, several people who do this. 

Anyway I never got used to this particular thing.

Getting back to NEEDING to upgrade to X-Pro 2 or X-T2 (if and when it will come) or X200.

Ask yourself if you really need to have the things that make your camera  that you own now, different from those which you would want to buy or if you want them because they are out there.

Some people really do, the majority don’t. There are however no “ chops in the box”. Your pictures will be the same whichever camera you use.

The best way not to waste money is not to spend it if you don’t need to. Good luck!

• 4 weeks later...

Unless you really want the OVF (I don't use it much, as I prefer to judge exposure before taking the picture) and the leaf shutter (really nice in low noise environments), the X-E2 is in many ways a much better camera. I have both, and the firmware (AF options and auto ISO) is so much better in the X-E2 than in the X100T.

I don't have the XF27, but it will make the X-E2 kind of the same size as the X100T, though, it only opens to 2.8 vs the 2.0.

I just bought the X100T with converters used and am very happy with it.

23mm f2 translates to a lens opening of 11.5mm, while the 18mm f2.8 of the X70 and rumored X200 translates to only 6.4mm.

That's not different enough from a cellphone camera for me, and I'm no fan of the digital crop zoom modes in the X70.

What I love about the X100T:

- focal length

- phase detection autofocus, WiFi, fast operation

- leaf shutter for quiet operation and 1/1000s flash

- small but great image quality

- great system with conversion lenses

What I'm missing is hopefully (I really do hope this happens) fixable by taking the firmware to 4.0 or 4.30 levels, i.e.

- improved autofocus, no button wasted on macro selection

- manual focus on shutter half-press

- external flash firing in multiexposure mode (4.30, still waiting on that for my X-E2)

It's a great, small camera, so maybe that'll help make the decision for someone (besides the point that X200 is pie in the sky right now).

I just bought the X100T with converters used and am very happy with it.

23mm f2 translates to a lens opening of 11.5mm, while the 18mm f2.8 of the X70 and rumored X200 translates to only 6.4mm.

That's not different enough from a cellphone camera for me, and I'm no fan of the digital crop zoom modes in the X70.

What I love about the X100T:

- focal length

- phase detection autofocus, WiFi, fast operation

- leaf shutter for quiet operation and 1/1000s flash

- small but great image quality

- great system with conversion lenses

What I'm missing is hopefully (I really do hope this happens) fixable by taking the firmware to 4.0 or 4.30 levels, i.e.

- improved autofocus, no button wasted on macro selection

- manual focus on shutter half-press

- external flash firing in multiexposure mode (4.30, still waiting on that for my X-E2)

It's a great, small camera, so maybe that'll help make the decision for someone (besides the point that X200 is pie in the sky right now).

I would like to see these improvements too, though I wonder if the macro button would be able to be unassigned. If you have the camera in OVF you wouldn't have very accurate framing lines and I don't know if they would be able to make the EVF screen pop up if the focusing was too close for OVF. Maybe they have something that works for this in the X-pro2. Mine should arrive tomorrow evening. Like the idea though.

The old 'there is always a better camera just around the corner' is true. However, in the fuji line-up this is not true for sensors (eg, the trans II spanned x100s, x100t, x70, x-E2(s), X-T1, x-T10), so I would recommend either waiting for the new sensor version of the x100(whatever) or buying a cheap x100/x100s, and the x100t only if you can get a particularly good deal on it.