X-T10 firmware update wishlist

nutscracker

And mess up the shot if there is anything that moves during the manipulations. Your solution is nice only if doing landscapes and if the clouds are moving slowly too.

Even my old Nikon D5000 can do +/- 2EV in 3 shots in less than a second for all 3 of them and it's over 6 years old.

Once your camera is set to a tripod, the less manipulation you have with it, the less issues you will have.

Yeah is just a workaround but in some cases it can be helpful...

I'm confident there'll be improvements in next firmware updates!

Bye

You could certainly do it with the Camera Remote app. But I take your point, it seems like it should be trivially easy to implement in camera. But perhaps it's not as easy as everyone thinks. It really depends on how bad the underlying software is, and without meeting the original developer of Fuji's OS and assessing his or her mental stability, we can only guess at that.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for posting this critique of the X-T10. I'm a X100 user and fond of the Fuji system. I looked at an XT10 yesterday. I want a bit more flexible camera for travel situations. I came close to walking out of the store with one. However you firmware list hits several items that I would not have expected to be missing on a capable camera. I guess I'm going to have to rethink this option. Drat...

Best Regards,

Roger

• 3 months later...

Firmware update wanted is for the camera (all X models) to retain a manual focus setting when it's switched off - or powered down on standby. I find it most frustrating that I have to reset hyperlocal distance every time the camera is switched off. Anyone know of a solution to this?

Firmware update wanted is for the camera (all X models) to retain a manual focus setting when it's switched off - or powered down on standby. I find it most frustrating that I have to reset hyperlocal distance every time the camera is switched off. Anyone know of a solution to this?

Swap to a legacy lens, pretty much the only thing that could help you out here.

Quick Lens Profile Selection that popups automatically when you change a lens

(but I don’t think that the lens release button has some connection, does it?).

That would be awesome when using manual lenses. This lens profiles should have following options: focal length and max. shutter speed. While the first one is only for EXIF data, the second one is really important to avoid to long shutter speed when on Auto ISO. Sometimes I forget this when I switch from 12mm to 50mm and get blurry images.

• 4 weeks later...

I've just updated both my x-t10 and my lens firmware and  I've noted... no particular sensible "enhances the accuracy of Manual focus adjustment" but surely I'm an insensible dumb ;)

For the "improvement of OIS function" I'm not able to judge because I forgotten to do some OIS trial just before the update!

Anyway for the next firmware update, I would like, when using the "self timer", if you use the single auto-focus, then the camera should focus just when you press the shutter button (as already she do...);

BUT if you use the continuous auto-focus then it could be nice to focus merely continually or at least just before shooting and NOT when you press the shutter button (currently the continuous auto-focus is disabled when using the self timer)

Note: the "interval timer shooting" (time-lapse) already behave in a similar way but the minimum "start waiting time" is 0 or 1 minute so either you have to wait too much or take a "fake first shoot"
Edited by sandroamt

The only firmware update that would genuinely improve the X-T10 would be one that turns the drive dial into an ISO dial, along with a sticker you could download or purchase to place over it, with the ISO properly marked. That one simple change would turn it from the "little brother of the X-T1" into the best camera ever made.

Or u can just set the ISO to the front dial maybe :-)

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...

I have sent email to Fujifilm Japan and the United Kingdom regarding the firmware improvement on Bracketing.  They did reply me politely stating my suggestion was received.

Maybe Fujifilm has people reading forums, but I think, we consumers should actively and directly contact Fujifilm to express our concern and improvement suggestion, one step further than discussing here.

Here is the screen capture of the email reply from Fujifilm UK

https://photos.googl...nl1d3hCVG1DdXN3

We can contact Fujifilm Japan and United Kingdom through these URL. The reason I am choosing the UK for feedback is that I believe it should be one of the big subsidaries.

Japan

United Kingdom

• 2 months later...
Anyone needs the following improvement?

I am using X-T10.

There is an option named IMAGE DISPLAY under SCREEN SET UP, that allows 0.5, 1.5 seconds or Continuous display of the image after the shutter is released.

In case the option is 1.5 seconds selected, when the Image is displayed, I wanna check whether the focus is achieved, I press the Rear Command Dial, it has no effect. The image will be gone after 1.5 seconds and the live view is back.

When the option is Continuous, pressing the Rear Command Dial will magnify the focus point.

However, this only works under the Drive Mode is Single Shot. In case of CL or CH, it doesn't work,

My point is, of course, I can always enter the PlayBack Mode to check the focus. But I do notice, it takes a short moment to enter the PlayBack Mode, and the screen flashes which is annoying.

I remember in the case of Canon camera, it allows me to stay on the Image Display stage after pressing a button.