If the x-pro 2 and x-t2 were both released tomorrow...

Great point x-tc. I think Fuji is at a crossroads where this time last year they were still telling everyone that the x-t1 wasn't the flagship model. Then sales went bonkers, and after all these upgrades and the xt-10, the x-t1 is clearly the flagship now.

The big difference for the next sensor will probably be video quality, does it make sense to premiere that in a rangefinder style body?

benjaminthomson,

It couldn't hurt to use rangefinder style for video.  I think articulating screen like on GH4 or Nikon D5x00 series would be useful.  Then again, unfortunately, I think they have a long ways to go to be competitive in video before body style even comes into the equation.  Is there any advantage Fuji would have with video over the likes of Sony and Panasonic?  Professional video rigs are not exactly stylish.. so does it really matter what it looks like? I don't know. I really don't shot video. 

skip ahead 7min mark in this video about review of the video quality of X-T10. Don't know if I should laugh or cry. 

X-Pro1 stopped being the best (as in most capable) camera with the X-E2. It's still the flagship model (as it's still the only model occupying the "Pro" flagship line), but even at sea, flagships can get pretty old. They may still be big and impressive, but when it comes to win the battle, a new, modern destroyer might just do a better job.

I agree with x-tc, with the new fw coming soon and and all the eyes and minds on the new X-PRO I don't think we will

see the new iteration of the X-T serie very soon.

Think of how many years has it been from the lauching of the X-PRO1 to the X-PRO2. OK, Fuji's guys were developing

a brand new sensor for the next flagship and from the rumors that i read it's the main reason why the X-PRO2 isn't on the

market yet. And almost certainly they will use the same sensor on the new X-T2, so no sources of delay on that front.

Said that, we want see the X-T2 in 2015 IMHO.

I currently own an XE-1, X 100s and XT1. I love them all for different reasons ( and uses ). There are days when I choose to use one over the other just because of the way I feel. But I know I can get great results regardless. For me the choice would be difficult ( as you may have already guessed ). Push come to shove, if the XT2 were smaller I would go there.

The poll is funny as it clearly outlines that FR readers and forum users aren't the guys who are actually buying most of Fuji's cameras. In the real world, an X-T2 will outsell the X-Pro2 at least 4:1. This means that the X-T2 is basically subsidizing the R&D of the X-Pro2, as most of the Pro2's new features and technology will carry over to an X-T2.

Btw, in my workshops, 75-80% of the participants are using an X-T1. The remaining 20-25% are using one of the other X camera models.

The X-T1 is the best model currently available, and the viewfinder is a huge differentiator and winner.  Anyone buying a new X-Pro1 now needs a good talking to.  We'll see how things look when the X-Pro2, (and possibly X-E3) are new and the X-T1 is getting old.

I much prefer the rangefinder style of body. I sold my XE-1 and purchased the XT-1, but I just didn't like the SLR body nearly as much. I purchased an XE-2, which I love, though I am disappointed that its slightly younger brother sees all the firmware love and the XE-2 has been forgotten. I'd have purchase the XE-2 even if it was the same price as the XT-1, such is my preference for the ergonomics. At any rate, I'm very interested in the X-Pro2, but I do have to wonder if it will be sort of neglected compared to the XT-2, especially if Rico is correct in how much more popular the SLR style will be. I get that the SLR bodies sell better, but I do hope the rangefinder style bodies won't be neglected in firmware updates. It does kind of worry me should I select an X-Pro2.

The X-T1 is the best model currently available, and the viewfinder is a huge differentiator and winner.  Anyone buying a new X-Pro1 now needs a good talking to.  We'll see how things look when the X-Pro2, (and possibly X-E3) are new and the X-T1 is getting old.

When the X-Pro2 is new, the X-T2 will be just around the corner.

Having the X-T2 right around the corner after the X-Pro2 is what sort of worries me, especially if the T series continues to be the biggest seller by a large margin.  I sort of lack the confidence that Fuji would keep the rangefinders in line with the SLRs in terms of firmware features given how little attention the XE-2 has seen.  I'm not even saying that Fuji is necessarily wrong to take that approach, as it does make sense to expend limited resources into camera bodies that more people have.  I love the rangefinder style, and will get an X-Pro2, but I go into it sort of expecting that the rangefinder style bodies will be something of second class citizens in Fuji's eyes.  At any rate, my complaints are fairly minor, I still love my XE-2 and X100s, and I'll be going with the X-Pro2, regardless of how it fares firmware-wise against future SLR style bodies, since I find those cameras to be simply more enjoyable to shoot with.

I am sure that fuji people are aware of the fuji customer being very fond of the aesthetics of the rangefinders ( T100) and the not srl looking other cameras of the X system ( XE)

I am convinced that the X system will keep on having those two souls and in fact the dualism is only just begun since there was only the X-T1 and now there is a X-T10, which will be the entry level of that side of the system.

Soon the X-Pro will be replaced ( probably with something which will not be defined as pro otherwise this would undermine the T-1 as pro camera) , then they will need to replace the X-E2.

All the rest , I hypothesize ( X-E1 -XE2 and X-Pro1) will be quickly sold at very low prices with the least desirable of their lenses ( the 18 and the 27 are the obvious candidates). 

Who knows!

If Fuji released an X-T2 I'd be all over it as my primary body -- IF it had 24mp or more.  

I'd prefer the X-T2 to stay at 16mp

Even if they manage to go to 24mp and not lose any low light performance, I would rather stay at 16 and gain better quality in low light. (plus keep the smaller and faster file size)

I recently purchased an X-T1 and lenses... essentially switching from Nikon (which I still have). I was using a D7000 which is 16mp and didn't like that the subsequent models are bumped up to 24mp and meant I was less likely to upgrade. I wouldn't say it was a major factor, but  the X-T1 still being at 16mp was a selling point for me. 

So this is a reminder that not everyone wants more and more MP's. I would like the ability to upgrade my camera system as better handling, AF, speed etc are developed without also being pushed into more and more MP's that I just don't need.

Oh, I would definitely go for the X-T2 over the X-Pro2

X-Pro2 for me and my style of shooting. I found the XT-1 too small, especially the buttons and sold it. The grip made it useable in the studio but I never felt a magic quality, granted I liked the speed, EVF and weather sealing. The images, body styling, hand & thumb grip, soft release and hybrid viewfinder made the X-Pro1 just click with me and quickly became my favorite camera since I was able to afford a used Nikon F4 years ago.

I much prefer the rangefinder style of body. I sold my XE-1 and purchased the XT-1, but I just didn't like the SLR body nearly as much. I purchased an XE-2, which I love, though I am disappointed that its slightly younger brother sees all the firmware love and the XE-2 has been forgotten. I'd have purchase the XE-2 even if it was the same price as the XT-1, such is my preference for the ergonomics. At any rate, I'm very interested in the X-Pro2, but I do have to wonder if it will be sort of neglected compared to the XT-2, especially if Rico is correct in how much more popular the SLR style will be. I get that the SLR bodies sell better, but I do hope the rangefinder style bodies won't be neglected in firmware updates. It does kind of worry me should I select an X-Pro2.

I've been worried as well. I wish Fuji would just make some sort of official statement as to their intentions going forward with the rf styling of the X-Pro/X-E line. They don't have to mention specifics, just something to reassure us users that the line has a place in their roadmap. I've gone further down the rabbit hole, away from SLR type cameras. If Fuji shifted to just X-T style cameras I'd have to scrimp and save till I could make the jump to Leica bodies and Voigtländer lenses.

It's history repeating itself really.

The X200 will be so close to LEICA that it will sell like hotcakes, win awards which will cause a tsunami of desire for and "X200" with interchangeable lens version, the X-PRO2.

The X-Pro2 will be so awesome with it's FF like character, massive megapixels, beautiful OVF and OVF like EVF that the premium league will want one in their hobby/studio/off site use. Then comes the professionals/adventurers/landscape photographers who will want an "X-Pro2" with superior ruggedness, weather sealing, ev +13 dr and 13fps. Hence, comes the X-T2.

The X-T2 will land on shores, win over hearts from even other brand camps, please all Fujifilm owners to no end refueling the debate between X-Pro2 vs. X-T2 which will cause another debate on X-Pro3 vs. X-T3.

I'll take the X-Pro2........and the show must go on. :D  :D :D  

X-T2, unless the X-Pro2 happened to acquire the T's tilt screen and ISO dial. The Pro's a nicer-looking camera, but I don't care about the OVF—which I never thought I'd say, because I originally resisted using Fuji specifically because I wanted an OVF—and the tilt screen has become too integral to how I shoot. That screen difference is really the defining trait of each body, to me. I only use the EVF for checking image playback in bright sunlight, otherwise I'm using the screen for anything. And to think, I used to buy Canon 1D bodies specifically just for the larger viewfinder!

The other thing is tethered shooting. I can live without it, but I'd much rather have it available as an option. Assuming the X-T2 has better tether support than the X-T1's janky solution, that would be my pick. Again, if the X-Pro2 happened to get the tilt screen, the ISO dial and the tethered shooting support, then I'd go for the Pro.

XT-2 for me. evf is great on the XT-1, can only be better on its successor. OVF can be nice now and then but price difference will be too important for a "gadget". I don't mean to be insulting by that, but it would be a gadget for me.

I love my Pro1. I love the OVF. I love to see and react on the action outside my picture frame.

I own a T1 too. To use my glasses in situations were a faster AF is helpful.

I will definitely buy a Pro2. The same day it is available.

I was a Nikon boy with only single digit Nikon bodies and huge pro glasses, but always wanted something smaller that I could carry with me more often. When the X-Pro1 came out with the 3 lenses I jumped on it, not only because the size but for the OVF as well, that was the main attraction for me, but for my biggest surprise I was using the EVF most of the time and I was really happy with it, so when the X-T1 was announced with its giant EVF I just had to have it.

I will get the X-Pro2 once it's out for sure, but if the X-T2 will have a better EVF than it will become my main camera.

So for me it all comes down to the EVF.

I'll get X-Pro2 for action. EVF is great for single shot mode, but it performs poor in continuous shooting. It's impossible to reframe in continuous drive as frame rate slows down to several frames per second. Even SLRs are better here as one sees permanent view between the frames. So it's 25fps segments separated by blackout periods. I'll use X-T1 as a secondary camera as soon as X-Pro2 arrives.