My own Fujifilm X7 Camera Concept

TT_

Looks great but I don’t think this could ever be a Fujifilm camera. At least not one which would have anything to do with the crowd of people buying the Fujifilm with their retro look, and buttons and dials.

The philosophy of the Fuji cameras is not ( for now) one of a futuristic look,  in fact part of their success is due to the fact that they are quite the opposite!

However , who knows, maybe in 25 years things will be different.

The link was there above and it appears to have been removed.

The funny thing is that it looked identical to a Leica concept design camera with the exception of the name, of course.

Perhaps our new member TT_ is trying his design on all the rumors sites?

On the Leica rumor site some comments were almost also identical to mine above and actually some were downright hostile. It looks nothing like a Leica either.

Cameras tend to stick with an identity. The aficionados' base  for each brand tends to identify with a certain look.

Fuji has all cameras in its range with a strong visual identity heavily leaning towards retro design. If you don’t turn the cameras you could be forgiven to think that this was a ’70 camera.

Futuristic looks aren’t going to appeal to the customer’s base which has been painstakingly pursued by Fuji.

True, things can be changed but radical changes in look have been historically never been accepted easily by the customers and companies in all sorts of businesses have lived to regret such choices.