Fuji X-E2s rumors

Patrick FR

as I said a sum of local factors, exchange rate and in some countries also changes due to taxation.

Norway for example has put up VAT.

This member reports a price increase at his end at the exact date of 1st January, which won’t be working well with increasing sales to meet targets, wherever that is.

http://www.fuji-x-forum.com/topic/1984-price-increases-jan-1st-2016/

But in other countries shops haven’t changed prices. So, Amazon.de has now higher prices than any shop in the NL for the X-E2  (€599)  or the X-T10 ( €675) ... all the shops in the NL have the exact same price :), by chance at the same time  ;)  :D not a concerted effect, just pure chance.

• 2 weeks later...

I hope Fuji Australia is correct and that we see a TILT Screen on the X-E2s.. Fact that it isnt mentioned in the overall overview page does make it is more an error on the page.. but lets hope!

the only physical changes I see are the  new grip,new top plate and Fn2 button now marked "Auto". no tilt screen.

still curious  if the "Made in Japan" inscription  is still present and if indeed the overall height  has slightly increased due  to the top plate cosmetic redesign .

all-in-all,pretty underwhelming but then again, only a little over a month and a half ago, it seemed that the X-E line  would just be allowed to die off, let alone see  even this  mild refresh.

I hope Fuji Australia is correct and that we see a TILT Screen on the X-E2s.. Fact that it isnt mentioned in the overall overview page does make it is more an error on the page.. but lets hope!

Well i believe my own eyes (watching the promo video) over a unfinished web page. ;)

still curious if the "Made in Japan" inscription is still present

For the suggested MSRP, it doesn't seem like they went for the sell more for less option.

it'll be produced in japan and  the specifications page shows no  change in  dimensions. firmware 4.0 for existing X-E2 owners scheduled for  Feb 4. implied,  tho not specifically stated, to include all the  new functions available  to X-E2S including Electronic  shutter.

Yep, it appears the differences amount to the 's' in the name and the relabelling of one button.

there's  another item of  note that I picked up on  by inspecting  the  pics at the Fujifilmusa website.- the  "Macro" and "AF" script on the  D-Pad's top and  bottom buttons are now missing