Weirdest special offer for a X Pro 1

Ok, ok, the  X pro 2 is coming so the X pro 1 has to go.

A nice offer was the body, and 18mm and the 27mm.

Not the most popular of lenses but hey, for €899?

Great value!

Then there were the so called irresistible rebates which went in a few days ago, just before X mas....

Well :huh:  most of these offers were there already a couple of months ago. Then the prices went back to “ normal” and now they are back to were they were before.

HUGE rebates ;)

What’s in an adjective

But one of the “ offers” has to be the weirdest that I have seen in a very long time.

The X Pro 1 , the 23mm 1.4 great lens and the ... 27mm.

I had to read twice.

The 23mm and the 27mm? Together? Why? :blink:

To use the 23 when you don't care about weight and size and the 27 when you do? It's a weird offer, but I guess it's not too uncommon for people to have both of these lenses. 

It doesn't make sense as a "starter kit" though. But I wouldn't recommend the X-Pro1 as a Fuji system starter camera anyways - too many quirks still remaining and a new camera coming. This sounds like an offer for people who want a second body or are already in the Fuji system and "always" wanted an X-Pro1 body as well. 

I have no numbers around this but I very often: "I already have the 23, but during the next lens sale I'll grab a 27 as well - at sales price it's a total steal". Right now it's $150 off, not too bad in my opinion. 

When I got mine it was $200 off, same as the XF23, so I paid $49 on top of MSRP for the 23 and got a 27 as well. Optically I like both, sure they are different, but they are both very good for what they are. Mechanically I love the 23. Size wise I love the 27. Overall I think it's great to have both. I can convert my X-T1 into a very compact camera. Or I can use it with the bigger 23/56 combo. The 27 is an "always in the bag" lens, plain because there is always a reason for a compact camera when I'm traveling.

But I totally see your point. It is a weird package. Combos I could understand would be 18+35/1.4, 23+56, 35/2+90. Stuff like that kind of makes sense to me. The 27 is kind of a single lens thing to me.

Anything is only worth something if it is useful. A lens in the cupboard at home is not worth much if it is a duplicate of something that you already have in the bag.

Few will ever go out carrying both the 23 and the 27, but yes some would use one or the other and at some point find that one of the lenses is staying home more often than not.

I still think, from this point of view ,that the best offer is the X-Pro-1 body + 18mm and 27mm. Real great value for money, if you then add the 60mm...you are in business and for very little money and weight you can do almost anything.

If I had no camera and wanted to buy into the Fuji system on a budget that is exactly what I would buy.

I do own both the 35mm  1.4 and the 2.0. One reason is that I often share my Fuji kit with my wife. We try to not duplicate most focal lengths, but 35 is just such an important focal length for us, that I have no problems owning both. I also own the 27 and the 23 and an X100T (and a TCL-X100). They all satisfy different desires, therefore it works for me. Plus, I'm in the lucky position to not have to worry about the cost. 

Anything is only worth something if it is useful. A lens in the cupboard at home is not worth much if it is a duplicate of something that you already have in the bag.

Few will ever go out carrying both the 23 and the 27, but yes some would use one or the other and at some point find that one of the lenses is staying home more often than not.

I still think, from this point of view ,that the best offer is the X-Pro-1 body + 18mm and 27mm. Real great value for money, if you then add the 60mm...you are in business and for very little money and weight you can do almost anything.

If I had no camera and wanted to buy into the Fuji system on a budget that is exactly what I would buy.

So when you go out, you carry every lens you own?  Or do you select the lens/lenses you want to carry that day?

I'll grant you these are close in focal length, but my suspicion is Adorama was just looking for something to sweeten the deal and the 27 is an easy option.  You get a free lens that is versatile and can be used when you want to make your kit small enough to fit in your pocket.  So one camera, two similar focal lengths, two very different lenses.

I think it is a great offer. The Pro1 with XF18 and XF27 is a great combination. The small lenses do not overlap the OVF. Add a XF35 2.0 and you can handle most situations.

The Pro1 with the XF27 is actually my favorite alternative for a X100T.

ovf.jpg

They don’t offer that kit, yet in the Netherlands. They did before in Germany.

We’ll see if they will. May very well be.

The kit I thought to discuss is the one with a 23 + 27mm.

Of course someone could come up with an even less usual kit (though we have seen people like Cug owning the two) with a 35mm 1.4. and a 35mm f2.

Everything is possible.

One thing is for sure there is movement in the market. Some Lenses and camera bodies have to go, some are gone already.

Where are all those Red and Blue  and White XA-1 bodies? 

One used to see them offered at very low prices and now thy might be still around but the bulk of the lot has disappeared.

I don’t see too many X-A2 sold anyway.

The same will happen with the other discontinued bodies X-E1 and X pro1.

Who knows if the 18mm and the 27mm  and the older 35 f1.4 ( in that particular version and not an updated one) will be kept in production or not.

FF-XA1-RED-XC1650-01.jpg942593XA1white1311116201_zpsb890e0cf.jpg363027-IMG_8098_470x470.jpg

Of course someone could come up with an even less usual kit (though we have seen people like Cug owning the two) with a 35mm 1.4. and a 35mm f2.

I would never claim that a kit of these two would make any sense at all. Owning both makes sense for me for several reasons, but they mostly don't apply to others.

Fujifilm might have too many cameras covering broadly the same segment?

I suppose they were given a try to see how to best position themselves on the mirrorless market.

By now they have a better perception of what work and what doesn’t.

I think we are not likely to see anymore red or blue cameras though  :D