What is the price in the EU? NEW price for the X-E2? Any info?

My pleasure!

Strangely enough the offer of secondhand X-E2 bodies has been always very limited in the NL and  the bodies kept (as almost everything Fuji X) a relatively high price.

The only way for me to acquire a suitable camera was to buy a camera and a lens together. Then I sold the lens.

I did take a risk that the lens wouldn’t sell, but I figured that should that not have happened I could have used the lens myself. I don’t know how to explain the relative high prices of the secondhand Fuji cameras and lenses.

I sold my 35mm for less than what I paid for it in a package deal with the X-E1 which introduced me to the Fuji X System. I asked €350 and one person called me immediately offering €300 and, because I was going to that part of the country I even delivered the lens in person.

Now I see some folks bidding €450 for a secondhand lens that costs new more or less the same, I a baffled! On the other hand I bought a secondhand X10 and when I decided to buy the X-E2 I sold that camera for €15 more than I had paid for it a year before. Prices of X10, X20, X30 are relatively high.

By the way @darknj how are you doing with your lens turbo?

[...]

By the way @darknj how are you doing with your lens turbo?

Very good, it's definitely becoming my favorite. Specially with the Helios 58mm lens, getting slightly better with manual focusing too.

Going to build a set of walk-around legacy lenses, just missing a 24mm F2 or F2.8 to be set, or actually wait for the 23mm F2 when it gets released so I still have at least one AF capable lens.

Quite interesting approach this combining the latest technology of the body with the charming but somewhat, obviously, lesser  performance predictably given by any adapted lenses .

Nevertheless, somehow this seems to be quite a natural penchant for many Fuji users, many of whom are, at heart, old school, hard core photographers.

Some take this to the extreme as in using only legacy lenses.

Commendable and dedicated as this might be, I am afraid that I lack this pious, almost religious, vocation. I use sparingly and for portrait purpose only the “ legacy” lenses, which for me are often chosen for their “ special effect” potential rather more than their intrinsic performance in therms of high quality rendition.

For all the rest I rely on either Fuji autofocus or Samyang manual.

The other day I was with a friend who was a previous owner of a X100S, which he only ever used with EVF, now he bought the X-Pro 2 and still only ever uses it with the EVF but he likes the viewfinder (as he called it) Leica look ( a look which Leica no longer has! ).

I don't think I could ever use only legacy lenses, there are several times where I will need the AF, where the camera will be faster than me at making the focus.

My idea at first was to have:

- 24mm F2.8

- 58 mm F2

- 105mm F2.8

With the lens turbo, I would have the following coverage:

- 24 F2

- 36 F2.8

- 58 F1.4

- 87 F2

- 105 F2

- 157 F2.8

That's what I would call a rather decent coverage of primes using 1 lens turbo and 2 simple adapters and swap the lenses around when I need. Since I am going to manual focus it is clearly for occasions where I have the time to fiddle with the lenses too.

I am having 3 adapters ( lens turbo, tilt adapter, ordinary “dumb” adapter).

All to use with a combination of lenses including Orestor 50 1.8, Helios 58 2, Takumar 100mm macro 4)

The X-E 2 is probably not the best choice for these if one has the X-T1 too, the superior size and clarity of the EVF makes me prefer this camera with the use of adapted lenses.

Incidentally, I did try the X pro 2 of a friend and the EVF was definitely a let down, for me.

I’ll let you know if I see any X-E2 deals but probably you will be better off just buying a secondhand body.

Mine was as new and there are many out there in the same state.

[...] Incidentally, I did try the X pro 2 of a friend and the EVF was definitely a let down, for me.

I’ll let you know if I see any X-E2 deals but probably you will be better off just buying a secondhand body.

[...]

Agreed, I really disliked the EvF on the X-Pro2, it felt constrained, higher refresh rate but damn it was tiny inside... Maybe I got spoiled by the X-T1 and the large roomy EvF.

And yes, it could be that I would rather need to get a second hand camera or take a damn decision about that Nikon D500.

Edited by darknj

I did realize how much I needed a second body when I went out to shoot some urban landscape  around Amsterdam. Once I arrived there I saw immediately ( given the strong wind) that It would be foolish to even attempt to change lenses although I would have wanted to use my 12mm and my  8mm because there would have been dust on my sensor.

Lo and behold I got one spec of dust at the back of my lens on its rear element ( one spec only!), it was enough to show at aperture f 9 or 10) and shot the first part of the shooting with a speck of dust which I then had to retouch.

I can onl;y imagine what would have happened if going through a multiple change of lenses!

Dust is the most annoying thing and only having at least a couple of bodies to minimize lens changing, can prevent that.

The X-E2 has proven my ideal companion for the X-T1.

I really don’t need more pixels.  I don’t care for movies, I don’t care for waxing ( you can count on the fingers of my left hand the times that I’ve exceeded 1600ISO and you know, I even like the “ waxing” of the skin tones?!) I don’t shoot quick moving objects and my eyes can really do with the lush, big and bright electronic viewfinder of the X-T1.

The X-E2 is lightweight, carefree camera and has everything my X-T1 has minus weight with the innocent retro looks which tell everyone that I am an innocent amateur ( which I may be... or not) not threatening them ( In the NL people are very defensive of their image).

It has costed me little, provides me with an everyday camera to keep next to my computer and grab it to shoot pictures of things that I sell on the internet or quickly documenting the work they are doing at our former house and the building of a new one.

Is the camera that I am also using for a quick test and to walk about with.

Anything more than that and it becomes my second body ready to offer assistance to my X-T1.

I love it.

Edited by milandro