What is the price in the EU? NEW price for the X-E2? Any info?

The new 4.00 firmware is now available for the X-E2. I don't know what is in it at the moment, but I have an new X-E2 camera kit on the way, and will make a list of its current firmware features before updating it and comparing it.

Note this camera is now available in kit form at a great price ($1200 CAD with both kit lenses, vertical grip, EF20 flash, spare battery, and case). This is not Fuji is advertising; I found out about it from my local camera shop (www.lensandshutter.com).

well, the “ huge rebates” on the X-E2 have yet to materialize over here in the NL  ( and for as far that I can see in most of Europe) and the camera still costs the same as the X-T10 (even in kit form, in fact in kits the X-T10 costs even less!) making it very difficult for anyone, unless absolutely committed to the X-E2, to buy that instead of the other especially considering that, even with the software upgrade, the X-T10 will still have some features that the X[E2 won’t have.

Even at the shop which you suggested, in Canada, the X-T10 is $100 CHEAPER! than the X-E2! https://lensandshutter.com/content/fuji-savings and frankly speaking  the prices are more or less the same as everywhere else the only difference is the exchange rate differential.

Buying in the US or Asia for us is not an option since the value added tax VAT ( varying from 19 to 25%) and the high shipping costs including “ handling through customs” would nullify any price advantage possibly found abroad.

Of course, buying abroad also implies bank transfer commissions and exchange commissions.

An XT-10 is surely the more popular option, but I wanted a stick with a rangefinder stye camera body. I originally inquired about an X-Pro1 camera body, but the store was was sold out. The store employeeI spoke with at the Vancouver store put me on to the X-E2 kit last week. It just fit my budget, and gave me a more complete package than I would have otherwise been able to afford. As I was switching from Nikon to Fuji, that was an important consideration.

I am not sure why Fuji isn't listing these kits on their fall savings promo, but perhaps it is because of limited quantities (the store employee said he only had two kits in stock).

I can see why there would be no advantage to ordering this kit from another country, but the deal for me was local, from a store I trusted. 

Because a lot of these kits are put together by the shops rather than the factory.

Kits by the factory for example, tend to be sold is special boxes containing the whole of the kit. Sometimes shops sell things separately like my 18-55mm which came from a kit and was sold in a “ white box” (with guarantee anyway).

I have found today some better deals in the NL like a X pro 1 at €499 ( in Belgium they had a shop with a €399 offer and THAT wouldhave been tough to resist however they sell you this deal... but they put you on a waiting list because they really don’t have the cameras, yet ) and a X-E2 at €599 ( still too dear for me to make me want to go out and rush into buying one).

However, if, in the coming days, following the introduction of the X Pro 2 the X-E2 will be also discounted, I probably will buy one together with the new 35mm.

Ideally I’d like to find a shop that will put together this kind of “ kit” in order to stimulate the sales of the X-E2.

But as long as the majority of shops sell it at the same price of the X-T10, they won’t be moving them.

A friend working in the shop where I buy most of my gear ( the shop has changed name but it has stayed there for years and years) told me that ever since they had the X-T10 for sale they hadn’t sold any X-E2.

I am keeping an eye on the X-E2 prices and offers and despite my best efforts the best I can find in the Netherlands is a €599 while, by and large, the camera has been stuck to a €699 price ever since the X-T10 has been on the market.

As I said many times, friendly vendors told me that they aren’t selling any large numbers of X-E2 ever since the X-T10 was announced and then brought to the market.

So one would reasonably expect the price to drop.

But it isn’t.

Also the promised firmware update which, at the very best, will put this camera close to the X-T1 ( while the X-T10 will still have some extra features-important or not- which neither X-E2 or X-T1 will ever have) has still to materialize and we don’t even know whether it will provide as much as the X-T10 has, right now.

The camera isn’t even offeren with the same kit lenses.

The X-T10 has been, for example, offered, pretty much since its first appearance with a 16-50 50-230 combo at only €200 more than the body only price ( funny how Fuji vendors repackage offers that were already there  presenting them as huge NEW rebates  like the cashback refund going on now which was already there but before but with no need of going through the cumbersome cash back procedure).

the lowest price in the Netherlands at the moment is at Calumet which, for the silver version alone, charges €599 while the black costs €699 like everywhere else.

Even Black Friday hasn’t changed anything while it has for the X-T1 now on offer for €599 with a 18-55mm. Shame I don’t want the X-T1 OR that lens!

• 4 weeks later...

none of this in the Netherlands YET and we are not eligible for rebates offered in other countries.

The promo is open to all residents in Malaysia with valid bank account in Malaysia.

If I would be able to buy a new X-E2 for €400 I would certainly buy it and even more so if offered in a kit with the new 35mm

You can buy a new X-E2 from Malaysia at EUR 400 + shipping, Fujifilm Netherlands may not recognize the warranty though. Like some parallel-imported Fujifilm lens & body would cost few hundreds cheaper here. Only the Lenses Cash Back rebates valid for Malaysians... Fujifilm Malaysia is giving back about EUR 400 for XF18-135mm and XF56mm/1.2R APD.. crazy deal!

I am afraid that you are not considering a few important things.

The shipping charges from Malaysia  + the 21% VAT ( applied on top of the price+ shipping)  + the forwarding through cusotms fee of the post or courier would vanify any advantage.

International  Fuji guarantee is recognized for one year instead of two but again, it would be pointless for other reasons.

Besides any rebates or cash-backs only ever apply to residents.

I’ll wait, sooner or later they will discount it here too.

well, the “ huge rebates” on the X-E2 have yet to materialize over here in the NL  ( and for as far that I can see in most of Europe) and the camera still costs the same as the X-T10 (even in kit form, in fact in kits the X-T10 costs even less!) making it very difficult for anyone, unless absolutely committed to the X-E2, to buy that instead of the other especially considering that, even with the software upgrade, the X-T10 will still have some features that the X[E2 won’t have.

Even at the shop which you suggested, in Canada, the X-T10 is $100 CHEAPER! than the X-E2! https://lensandshutter.com/content/fuji-savings and frankly speaking  the prices are more or less the same as everywhere else the only difference is the exchange rate differential.

In my local store in Cracow (Poland) one can get for example:

1. X-T10 with XF 18-55 and a 16 GB memory card for 4070 PLN after cashback (~958 EUR)

2. X-E2 with XF 18-55 and XC 50-230 for 3749 PLN (~882 EUR)

So no, X-T10 is definitely not cheaper here.

Something is FINALLY moving, the X-E2 body has been now discounted to €599 in the Netherlands, at long last now the older camera, compared to the X-T10, is now €100 cheaper.

Not a massive discount and not yet any special offer with some of the lenses in a kit at an even more interesting discount but, it’s a start.

any other price movement in the EU that would make us think that something is moving with this camera?

Now, today, 90% of the shops in the NL carry this camera at €599, all the same and simultaneously ( the strange forces of synchronized pricing... which they keep telling me is by mere and sheer chance, certainly not because they have an agreement of no competition among them... strange though that not even ONE shop offering it a €598, no, all “ competing” at exactly the same price...  :rolleyes: )

I think they are getting ready to discount this even further when the new firmware would be revealed ... which makes me think about the amount of firmware bliss that will be effused but we shall see. -_-

• 4 weeks later...

very interesting development.

After lowering the price twice this month on the X-E2 body ( until yesterday it was €539) , the shop where I always go first ( the others follow suit  rapidly we have an amazing synchronized action of all the shops selling Fujifilm cameras in the NL).

This shop has, form this morning, NO new X-E2 for sale ( only demo or secondhand ones) alongside the X-E2S... 

Something is happening or going to happen soon. 

I wonder what that will be.

I am playing the waiting game on this camera, maybe it will pay off.

Ideally I would buy a body with a 35mm f2 or a less appealing but still interesting kit with a 27mm.

We shall see.

[...]

Ideally I would buy a body with a 35mm f2 or a less appealing but still interesting kit with a 27mm.

We shall see.

Can you keep me up just in case ? An X-E2 with a 35 F2 could be interesting for me. Still pondering about a second body for my wedding event in April.

I am not sure that there will ever be a kit with any of these two lenses but anything can happen. In case there is I will certainly report it here.

The chain of shops where I buy most of the things has brought back the price to €599, in synchronicity with all the other shops in the NL. So that brief moment must have been a typing mistake because all shops have always this remarkable harmony of price all over the country.

Anyway, a second body will be certainly advisable, whether buying a new one or a secondhand one is a matter for you to ponder.

I have, in the meantime, been pulling the trigger on a secondhand X-E2

• 1 month later...

Can you keep me up just in case ? An X-E2 with a 35 F2 could be interesting for me. Still pondering about a second body for my wedding event in April.

Not much has changed and I have never seen anyone selling the X-E2 with a 35mm 2 in a kit form in the NL.

There is one kit with a 35mm f1.4  at €1039 at Kamera-Express but if the body is €499 this “ kit” is an overpriced way  to sell them together.

http://www.kamera-express.nl/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/WFS/org-ke_nl-Site/nl_NL/-/EUR/ViewParametricSearch-OfferPaging?SearchParameter=%26%40QueryTerm%3DFujifilm%2BX-E2%2Bset%26%40Page%3D2&PageSize=10&brand=&ShowAllFilters=false&WFSimpleSearch_NameOrID=Fujifilm+X-E2+set

The X-E2 is everything that I needed, next to the X-t1...and some... and it will be my perfect “ traveling light” camera to take with me for a family holiday when photography is not the only thing one is doing you can do all you need to do with two zooms.

Edited by milandro