108 replies to this topic

#81 Gilzuma

Gilzuma

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationOkinawa

Posted 13 December 2016 - 03:54 AM

Advertisement (Gone after free registration)

My Number One wish - is weather sealing.

Number two - Tilting screen

Number thee - joystick for autofocus point

Number four - manual/auto switch (for those times that you pass off your camera to friends...)

I'd love for the X-E3 to have the ISO dial the same as the X-Pro2 - with an extra setting for control using buttons (for those who don't like it)... 

#82 BobA

BobA

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 December 2016 - 02:29 AM

I would like large sized characters on the EVF/LCD like on the X-PRO-1----the unchangeable size of the characters on my X-E2 after firmware 4.0 made them too small to see without glasses on.  It made me sell my X-E2----

• MartinP likes this

#83 renes

renes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 11:19 AM

I would even like now X-E3 to have Bayer filter, like GFX, to reduce its price but have some features of X-T2, like AF, joystick, tilt LCD (not articulating), front dial, little bigger EVF wIth attachable eyecup and WR. No need for 2 slots and 4K to have both still enough different.  

Edited by renes, 08 January 2017 - 11:21 AM.

#84 Woodworth

Woodworth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 11:58 AM

A smaller X-Pro2 would be nice. The optical viewfinder not essential. Maybe an X100F with interchangeable lenses?

Chris

#85 Woodworth

Woodworth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 09:59 AM

... and IBIS of course!!!

Chris

#86 renes

renes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 06:05 PM

All X-T20 features including tilt lcd & front dial but:

1. Joystick instead of touch LCD
2. A bit larger corner EVF (higher magnification) with redesigned eyepiece to attach eyecup.

#87 mdm

mdm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 06:59 PM

And please no combined ss-iso dial to preserve body's dimensions. Front dial will do.

• Curiojo likes this

#88 easycass

easycass

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 08:22 AM

Just for my own interest, I made up a rough composite image of what I would like the X-E3 to look like, my wish, should they ever make one...

X-E3 Wish.jpg

For those of us that favour a smaller range-finder camera than the X Pro 2, but with the compactness of the X100F, and the facilities of the X-T2, that is where the X-E3 slots in. And the specs, well, here are my selfish desires...

• 24MP X-Trans Sensor
  • Same battery as X-T2/X Pro 2/X100F
  • Button-layout similar to X100F/X-T2
  • Focus point joystick / Two control dials
  • ISO combined with Shutter Speed Dial / Q-Menu Button Assignable
  • Weather-resistant
  • High-spec EVF similar to X-T2
  • Fast Single Shot-to-Shot time <0.2s
  • Better grip, similar to X-T2, maybe a touch slimmer
  • Two memory card slots, although might make the camera too fat!

Things I personally don't need, but some people do...

• Flash
  • Articulating screen
  • Touch screen
  • 4K Video

I am sure many people will have differing opinions on this. I have no need to argue with anyone else's wishes, the more the merrier I say! I really only post this to throw some more 'positive-energy' towards Fujifilm in the hope they do produce an X-E3 sometime soon...

Edited by easycass, 25 January 2017 - 08:46 AM.

• Curiojo and Woodworth like this

#89 olli

olli

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • LocationMetro Manila, Philippines

Posted 27 January 2017 - 06:02 AM

At a time when the mirrorless market is trending relentlessly upwards in cost the best thing Fuji can do with the X-E3 (as they have, to their credit, done with the X-T20) is maintain their commitment to high quality affordable options. Not everyone wants to, or is able to, spend 1200, 1500, 1800 or more a camera. And for those who think there is no market for the X-E line this site shows otherwise since the poll carried out in Feb 2016 (http://www.fuji-x-fo...eras-do-you-use) showed the X-E2 to be the second most popular X model.

The X-E3 should get the core updates - the new sensor and the improved autofocus system. The rest is detail. What it should not get is a host of additional changes that drive up the price. For those who want the features found on the X-T2 or X-Pro2, buy an X-T2 or X-Pro2. The options are already there for you. For those of us who want a good quality affordable camera in the rangefinder style we're still on the X-E2s. Only Fuji knows the real size of this market, but the partial information we can pick up suggests it is significant.

Fuji, if you're listening, keep it affordable.

Edited by olli, 27 January 2017 - 06:04 AM.

• Curiojo and caterham like this

#90 MSW

MSW

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 28 January 2017 - 11:48 PM

Biggest wish -- DO IT SOON  !!  Like by year end 2017 at latest.

• DirkB17 likes this

#91 xherion

xherion

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 29 January 2017 - 06:42 AM

At a time when the mirrorless market is trending relentlessly upwards in cost the best thing Fuji can do with the X-E3 (as they have, to their credit, done with the X-T20) is maintain their commitment to high quality affordable options. Not everyone wants to, or is able to, spend 1200, 1500, 1800 or more a camera. And for those who think there is no market for the X-E line this site shows otherwise since the poll carried out in Feb 2016 (http://www.fuji-x-fo...eras-do-you-use) showed the X-E2 to be the second most popular X model.

The X-E3 should get the core updates - the new sensor and the improved autofocus system. The rest is detail. What it should not get is a host of additional changes that drive up the price. For those who want the features found on the X-T2 or X-Pro2, buy an X-T2 or X-Pro2. The options are already there for you. For those of us who want a good quality affordable camera in the rangefinder style we're still on the X-E2s. Only Fuji knows the real size of this market, but the partial information we can pick up suggests it is significant.

Fuji, if you're listening, keep it affordable.

Finally, a sensible post.... :D

#92 FoToEdge

FoToEdge

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 January 2017 - 01:54 PM

All I need is the new Sensor and Better AutoFocus, & a Flip Style LCD Screen.  

• DirkB17 likes this

#93 Woodworth

Woodworth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 07:58 AM

Just for my own interest, I made up a rough composite image of what I would like the X-E3 to look like, my wish, should they ever make one...

For those of us that favour a smaller range-finder camera than the X Pro 2, but with the compactness of the X100F, and the facilities of the X-T2, that is where the X-E3 slots in. And the specs, well, here are my selfish desires...

• 24MP X-Trans Sensor
  • Same battery as X-T2/X Pro 2/X100F
  • Button-layout similar to X100F/X-T2
  • Focus point joystick / Two control dials
  • ISO combined with Shutter Speed Dial / Q-Menu Button Assignable
  • Weather-resistant
  • High-spec EVF similar to X-T2
  • Fast Single Shot-to-Shot time <0.2s
  • Better grip, similar to X-T2, maybe a touch slimmer
  • Two memory card slots, although might make the camera too fat!

Things I personally don't need, but some people do...

• Flash
  • Articulating screen
  • Touch screen
  • 4K Video

I am sure many people will have differing opinions on this. I have no need to argue with anyone else's wishes, the more the merrier I say! I really only post this to throw some more 'positive-energy' towards Fujifilm in the hope they do produce an X-E3 sometime soon...

...and add IBIS and you've got a winner!

Chris

#94 mdm

mdm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 09:59 AM

...and add IBIS and you've got a winner!

What's IBIS?

• caterham likes this

#95 easycass

easycass

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 12:40 PM

What's IBIS?

In Body Image Stabilisation... as opposed to inside a lens....

#96 mdm

mdm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 01:39 PM

Really? Is it possible?

• elmacus likes this

#97 easycass

easycass

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 04:55 PM

Really? Is it possible?

Well, it is possible for some camera systems. As I am aware, Fujifilm have said that it is highly unlikely that they would put IBIS into the X-series cameras. According to them, the reason is that when they designed the lens mount, in order to keep the lenses as compact as possible, they made the image-circle that is projected back onto the sensor to 'just' cover the area of the sensor. This means that if they were to apply any sort of sensor shift (which is the usual means to perform IBIS), the shift in position of the sensor would cause it to move beyond the usable area of the image-circle, causing darkening and lowering image quality at the edges of the image. They could do it by doing the sensor shift IBIS, and then cropping the image slightly, but not sure that Fuji would want to do this... We'll see what the future brings.

#98 johant

johant

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 01:46 PM

What's IBIS?

IBIS is utopia (when you stay with Fujifilm)

I'd like it, for the use with 3rd party lenses, but it's not a deal breaker for me.

#99 milandro

milandro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,644 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 02:04 PM

... chimera

Edited by milandro, 01 February 2017 - 02:05 PM.

the popular expression wishful thinking is an oxymoron!

To all TAPATALK users

As a form of courtesy towards your fellow users of this forum, PLEASE remove the obnoxious tapatalk signature, it adds nothing to anyone’s contribution and it is only a sneaky way used by tapatalk to push their product by polluting each forum participant with promoting their products with unpaid advertising for their software and the brand of your phone. Removing it is easy and it is an act of courtesy that shows respect for all those whom are annoyed by this pointless feature. This is not a personal attack to you, the annoyance is caused by tapatalk and the phone or tablet brands, they are getting all the exposure and you gain nothing by this.

#100 mdm

mdm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 03:03 PM

Ok Chris, I'm affraid you'll fail to force Fuji to implement IBIS (aka utopia or chimera) as soon as hundreds of us had failed to force them with 33f1.0. You need to accept it and move on...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: X-E3

x

Registration is free

Not registered? Really?

Discover the full potential of the Fuji X Forum... register now!
Registration is free and done in a few minutes!

As registered member you can discuss, post your questions and present your images.
And get in contact with Fuji X photographers worldwide!

We are looking forward to you!

The Fuji X Forum Team

Register Close