• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#61 sukeren

sukeren

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 08 August 2016 - 02:09 PM

Advertisement (Gone after free registration)
X-E3 = X-E2 with Xpro 2 sensor + film simulation + AF and X-T2 tilting lcd screen
Thats all...
  • GoodPhotos likes this

#62 Hermelin

Hermelin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 19 August 2016 - 01:32 PM

X-E3 = X-E2 with Xpro 2 sensor + film simulation + AF and X-T2 tilting lcd screen
Thats all...

And joystick! 

#63 Tikcus

Tikcus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 20 August 2016 - 01:01 PM

X-Trans 3 sensor / X-Pro processor

Tilt screen

Touch screen focusing (or joystick)

Pop up View Finder

As small as possible

TBH this is my ideal street/walk around camera, doesn't have to be an XE/XT, can be an X anything!

"Share what you have learnt"

My Flickr

#64 Hermelin

Hermelin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 20 August 2016 - 05:24 PM

What's the build quality like on the xe series? Is xpro and xt superior?

#65 renes

renes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 20 August 2016 - 08:21 PM

Ok, here is my list for X-E3 (most for better control):

1. Front dial (even X-T10 has it)

2. Joystick

3. Metering switch under shutter's speed dial (like in X-T1)

4. Larger EVF (but not that big as X-T1)

5. Attachable eye cap (all Fuji cams should have it)

6. Back AF-L button - better placement & bigger

7. Filp LCD

8. WR

9. Bigger grip

10. Moved forward a little shutter release button (like in X-T1)

• frankinfuji likes this

#66 johant

johant

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 20 August 2016 - 09:44 PM

What's the build quality like on the xe series? Is xpro and xt superior?

Taking the X-Pro1 and X-E2 as examples, the X-Pro1 feels substantially more solid. I do not know if it is more reliable though, or just feels like that (since most failures are electronic nowadays).

• Hermelin likes this

#67 Jürgen Heger

Jürgen Heger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 22 August 2016 - 10:34 AM

Until recently my list was identical to the joint list of sukeren and Hermelin above.
But then I read an intriguing idea in the Disqus of Fuji Rumors.
Someone proposed an electrical OVF, an EVF driven by an additional iPhone like sensor. Like an OVF the viewfinder could show what is outside from the main sensor. May be it is possible to give the small sensor a very high refresh rate. Considering that the current EVFs have a resolution of about 1M pixel even a 5 MP sensor would give some room for cropping when used with longer lenses. It would be possible to insert the live view from the main sensor avoiding a parallax error and still showing what is outside the main sensor.
Unfortunately I do not remember exactly where I read the original proposal so I can not give credit to the person who had this wonderful idea.
This electronic OVF would make the E series very different from the Tx0 series and different from the Sonys and it kind of would justify the range finder/view finder form factor.
However, pricewise it would be closer to the T1/T2 I am afraid.

Edit: It is a mess. Each time I read my contributions I find another typo. Couldn't I find all of them at the first time or even better make it right from the beginning?☺

Edited by Jürgen Heger, 22 August 2016 - 12:19 PM.

• Jürgen Heger likes this

#68 lleo

lleo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 08:53 PM

I have never cared about new models, what they will feature, when they'll be on the market, and so on. I mean, photography is about photos, not what a camera is going to have. But one thing really pisses me off and I'd love to have it changes on every camera since now on: the two buttons AF-L and AE-L. I don't know who designed their position, but it's less than ridiculous.

I don't have to be forced to buy the thumbrest, nor I'll do it, to avoid pressing the buttons while holding the camera.

That is really a joke.

#69 pics2

pics2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 August 2016 - 06:59 PM

You can lock it on XE2 by pressing Menu button longer. But, it locks the four wheel button, too.

• Curiojo likes this

#70 MSW

MSW

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 01 September 2016 - 03:28 AM

X-Trans 3 sensor / X-Pro processor

Tilt screen

Touch screen focusing (or joystick)

Pop up View Finder

As small as possible

TBH this is my ideal street/walk around camera, doesn't have to be an XE/XT, can be an X anything!

Pop up sucks. Had one on a Sony "pocket" camera. On sunny days light leaks in around you face like crazy and it is a protrusion just looking for and excuse to the knocked off.  I really thought it was going to be a good idea but experience said otherwise.  Cheaper and easier ti implement would be a nice big soft eye cup (probably removable and inexpensively replaceable).

#71 Woodworth

Woodworth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 01 September 2016 - 07:22 AM

Pretty much a smaller X-Pro2 minus the OVF.

I mostly agree. The size would need to be slightly bigger than the current X-E2 but not as big as the X-Pro2 which is a bit too big for me. Size is a very individual thing, but then an APSc camera is bigger than a full frame A7 or even the Leica M6 that it was inspired by I begin to wonder ...

I would definitely need an X-T2 style rear screen (movable). I think Fuji got this wrong with the X-Pro2.

IBIS would make using the 90mm so much easier, so I'd love to have IBIS. If the Sony and Olumpus can do it, so can Fuji (and probably better).

I love the X-E2 styling, so please don't change that too much.

Chris

#72 fotoheus

fotoheus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 September 2016 - 02:09 PM

- new X-PRO2/X-T2 sensor

- weather sealed

- joystick

#73 B4ab

B4ab

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 September 2016 - 09:53 PM

I would want the E2 v.4.0 update (or E2s) with the 24mp sensor and a better EVF...but keep the viewfinder in the same place.  If this becomes a reality anytime soon I'd be the first in line.

#74 MartinP

MartinP

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 24 September 2016 - 12:14 AM

since the X-E3 will come as a last member of the 24mpix sensor product line, it deserves some heavy optimizations:

• 3.69M-dot viewfinder with 0.85x magnification with a bigger peeking hole and a bigger eyecap so that the sun isnt such a terrible bother as it is now the case of x-e2(s) without a custom workaround

• larger capacity batery http://www.solidenergysystems.com

• option to lock white balance together with the AE-Lock (Lock_WB On)

• render actual focal length of zoom lenses on screen in real-time

• usb battery charging (maybe also use of USB3.x for transfers, but thatd require connector with more pins on camera's side)

• ability to save a descriptive text memo to each picture

• aperture calibration option for manual focus lens (until the camera is turned off) and thus automatic F number detection between opened and closed aperture including halfstops and respective transfer of the F number to exif data
    (unless there is a way to recognize and register each lens attached using a characteristic light print of each lens on sensor or some other way to recognize any particular lens)

• option to select a precise distance for which an AF lens should pre-focus itself
    (direct setting via phone or tablet remotely and on camera possibly by using arrows as in time lapse digit setting or utilizing the focus ring to quickly dial distance figures in combination with some milimeter, meter and kilometer switch like the command dial wheel on the back, which is usually used to adjust shutter speed or aperture)

• focus bracketting option for taking an automated stack of in-focus pics mostly at F4-5.6 to be stacked later (or in camera if fuji feels like its worth the effort), selectable distance range like 0,2m to 00 (something - to - infinity) or 20m to 90m with a confirmation question should the camera be tasked to take 30 consecutive pictures (like this: 30 images needed, ok to proceed?)

• if exposure time drops below desired value while in autoISO mode, display that time value in a different colour as a warning (red, yellow, orange, violet, pink, whatever)

• detachable corner viewfinder with an approximately 1m long thin spiral data cable to be inserted between camera and evf or camera and other imaging device preferably with calibrated colours and clearly defined color space
    (placing evf directly to the eye, camera movement becomes 100% independent = no need for flippable rear display anymore)

• "attempt" to minimize blackout in continuous shooting coupled with an attempt to lock focus in continuous mode

• rolling shutter distortion negation - latency compenstation using the OIS gyro's acceleration data to dynamicaly shift line of data readout from sensor area
    (probably needs to decrease the video crop a bit to increase sensor area readout for videoframes, limited to lenses with gyroscopes unless gyros installed in the body - there are some actually for the electronic level indicator)

• possibly make the thumb-rest with AF-L and AE-L buttons a bit bigger towards back side, so that the thumb has larger area to lay against and feels really comfortable
    (it is a bit too shallow as it is and requires holding the camera more tightly utilizing whole palm which is fatiguing over long period of time, if i let go, my thumb would just slip along the upper round smooth arc directly under the exposure comp dial. it doesnt have to be superbig, just let it grow 1 or 2mm to the back and shift it 1mm to the right side and elevate the curvature of the plastic part that copies the shape of the thumb 1-2mm to the upside or better yet, merge the plastic thumb-rest with the upper frame in one whole part and the thumb curvature can be then lifted even higher under the exposure comp dial making even more room for the thumb - as of now the thumb-rest is a separate plastic part, this would also allow to place the AF-L and AE-L buttons 1 or 2mm higher for better accessibility without the need to painfully bend the thumb which is the case of current AE-L, also make these buttons a little bit larger area-wise, i think there is enough room for it and wuld be even more after you inflate the thumb-rest to enlarge them about 10% of their current area)

• increased diameter of exposure and exposure comp dials so that they are more comfortable to set (could mean enlarging the body ~2mm to the right, but if you implememnt the joystick, the enlargement of the body would happen anyway). a little cutout in the upper frame directly under the main time exposure dial for better access with fingertips wuld be nice (in case of larger dial diameter, it would be enough to cut in the front only, since the dial is shifted more towards the back-side and yes, it would mean there would not be a straight line on the facial side of the camera anymore, but thats the way of ergonomy, unless you want to make the dial twice as high so it can be comfortably rotated with two fingertips using just a gentle force)

• it would be nice to have a lens-centered tripod screw at the bottom-side
    (im not using the mhg-xe, because im worried the arca swiss extension would get in the way of my fingertips while handling the camera as i do and more over itd increase the overall weight which is undesirable for me)

• what else..? maybe the ability to detach the mic st1 using a spiral cable and holding it at a larger distance from the camera, making it somewhat more independent and less prone to pick up the hum from the lens stabilizing mechanism and clicks of the dials that would be adjusted on the camera on the fly

otherwise im quite satisfied with the shape, layout and materials of x-e2s, so i guess those micro adjustments in body size would mostly serve for better handling and would not drastically change the look of the body.

:wub:
edit: yea i knew i wanted something unreal, a (touch) slider (or trackball, cylinder) on the left side of the camera for setting the ISO as smoothly as possible, while aperture and exposure time are both locked

edit2: a metering mode to completely avoid overexposure

edit3: i guess shifting the 4 arrow selector 2mm to the upside will make it more natural to control with thumb once the camera is glued to one's eye..

edit4: option to show a larger and fatter version of the focus+dof scale on the display spanning from edge to edge of the display possibly with precise distance markings at least under each number for more confident manual focusing during video or even single shots. itd be nice if the display showed distance as a figure, which would be especially useful in the vague tiny space between 10meters and infinity, where you cannot tell if you are focused at 50m or at 1,3km or at the moon..

Edited by MartinP, 29 September 2016 - 02:00 PM.

#75 radul

radul

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 October 2016 - 08:55 PM

I would want :

- being able to replace memory card without having to unscrew tripod mount (so central tripod mount i would gues)

- usb type c connector with charging capability (maybe one for charging and second for video)

- x-t2 quality video and autofocus

-  front dial

- WR

- mic + headphone combo jack socket with a split adapter cable (this would not take more space than it does now)

- Vloging aid -  either:  - tilt +touch screen ( with nikon 5500 like autofocus point selection ) for vloging with option to switch it off for purists

or:  option to connect a phone through USB-c for video and mount the phone on the hot shoe

- maybe being able to work with x-t2 gripp? ( i know they are different shape now - but this might be just an inspiration for fuji engineers to come up with something genius again like intermediate grip or something )

#76 tractorboyx

tractorboyx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 31 October 2016 - 09:55 PM

The X-E2s requires evolution not revolution.

* Tweak the front grip a little.

* WR

* Joystick

* ISO dial

* X-T1 style tilt screen

* Front dial

Please don't turn it into an X-Pro2 size brick.

• johant and rrrrrichard like this

#77 Henry

Henry

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 09:09 PM

I love my X-E2! It is fine as it is for photography... missing an ISO dial maybe?

I would buy an X-E3 for Fujiifilm's new video quality with shadow and highlights control.

My personal preference is cameras with no tilt screens. Classic style for the X-E3.

Edited by Henry, 02 November 2016 - 09:14 PM.

#78 MartinP

MartinP

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 12 November 2016 - 06:22 AM

i think i forgot: a realtime white point temperature measurement display

#79 analogcabin

analogcabin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 November 2016 - 08:48 PM

X-E3 would be great if it simply added the new X-Trans & joystick.

Please keep the pop up flash, same base (for MHG Grip). 

#80 johant

johant

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 03 December 2016 - 12:44 AM

16mp sensor, compressed RAW support, AF-L sensor in the proper place (where you can easily reach it with your thumb), and it's all good.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: X-E3

x

Registration is free

Not registered? Really?

Discover the full potential of the Fuji X Forum... register now!
Registration is free and done in a few minutes!

As registered member you can discuss, post your questions and present your images.
And get in contact with Fuji X photographers worldwide!

We are looking forward to you!

The Fuji X Forum Team

Register Close