• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#21 remideprez

remideprez

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 December 2015 - 03:40 PM

Advertisement (Gone after free registration)

Hello

I'd like it to be lower than the X-E2, to enter in thiner bag. I thin the bump of SLR is their big form disadvantage, so let's go to the minimum taller in the rangefinger form!

second wish is an high point eye viewfinder with the new epson 1400*1050 panel...

• FoToEdge likes this

#22 FoToEdge

FoToEdge

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 December 2015 - 05:09 PM

Tilt Screen or Fully Articulating LCD.  Built in Geo-tagging or an add on unit like the Pentax & Canon to slip in the hotshoe. Exposure Comp Dial to Remain on the top. Film Simulation Bracketing of 2,3,4,5,6,7 shots at once. As well as Exp Bracketing of 2,3,4,5,6,7.  A better EVF. I do not need an iso separate dial.  All FN buttons fully customizable. Weatherproofed.

#23 PaulSaxby

PaulSaxby

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 December 2015 - 09:23 PM

The only issue I have with the current X-E2 is the fact you can only use flash on single image drive. In this day and age, you should be able to use flash on continuous drive. Other than that I am more than happy with the current specs.

• t1gsp likes this

#24 MSW

MSW

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 30 December 2015 - 01:00 AM

1-Same controls layout as X-E2

2-But expand what can be assigned to Fn buttons.  Could start with flash compensation

3-Same sensor as x-Pro2

4-Expand what can be assigned to custom settings in Q-menu

5-Exposure bracketing expanded optionally to +/- 2 stops

6-Continue to improve speed and focus tracking for continuous shooting.  Further reduce the time the EVF freezes--this is very important because even a very quick freeze is psychologically confusing when tracking irregular motion.

#25 indoorsman

indoorsman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 04 January 2016 - 02:46 PM

Since we are talking about the X-E3, not the existing X-E2s coming in January (which from all the rumors, appears to not be all that different from the X-E2):

1. Faster thoroughput of the sensor (The X-PRO2 reveal will . This would improve significant functionality in the camera such as continuous drive, video, evf quality/ refresh, and evf focus magnification during manual mode. If we could get the thoroughput in this camera on the order of something like the panny GH4, it would take this camera to a wider level. 

2. I second an earlier post in the need for improving the accuracy of the in-focus edge highlighting. It needs to be more discerning in larger apertures. I find that I need to half-press the shutter to get out of it and confirm focus at times.

3. The on/off switch and shutter need a rethink. The switch is a little too small and mushy. The shutter is pretty good, but i'd prefer more positive feedback at the end.

4. The grip is terrible. I don't know if you can fix it much out of the box. I have a hunch that the camera is made this way to not scare off consumers and that Fuji always plans to have a add-on grip for those who really use the camera.

5. Battery. I don't think it's worth the energy (hah) to really go on further with this one however, since they continue to use the same one in newer cameras. So maybe the design specs of the XPRO3/XT2/XE4 should include this.

6. Bigger EVF, it's somewhat cramped for manual mode. Much more important than increasing resolution.

#26 Woodworth

Woodworth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 01:07 PM

I'd like to see IBIS for us prime lens users and a tilt screen but other than the addition of the X-E2s improvements that would be about it for me.

Chris

#27 MSW

MSW

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 05:14 PM

Number one over-riding concern.  DO NOT add weight or bulk like we just saw in the X-PRO2 info.

#28 Woodworth

Woodworth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 02:29 PM

I'd like to see IBIS for us prime lens users and a tilt screen but other than the addition of the X-E2s improvements that would be about it for me.

Plus a side (rather than base) card slot like the X-T1 would be pretty handy. Have to say that the XE-2 is my favourite Fuji camera, so any improvements would be rather nice!

Chris

#29 Guest_Ridgeback_*

Guest_Ridgeback_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 January 2016 - 12:27 AM

A proper viewfinder ... but then I'd have an X-Pro :o

• Curiojo likes this

#30 nimix

nimix

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 02:31 PM

I'd like to have an X-Pro 2 minus OVF, plus tilt screen in X-E2 size.

nimix

#31 mbhh68

mbhh68

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 03:48 PM

My wish-list for a new E-Series camera: Sensor, processor, shutter, dust/weather proof and joystick from the x-pro2. PLUS: smaller than the E1/E2 and little less retro styled. For that I need no flip screen and no larger EVF.

• macminipro likes this

#32 bhu

bhu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 04:00 PM

Aside from the optical view finder, what hardware features could you live without for a camera body 2/3 to 1/2 the price of the X-Pro 2?

Assume a notional X-E3, and other variants like the X-Ts, would use the same sensor as the X-Pro 2. What should a lower-cost, potentially simpler like X-As, camera look like that could capture more casual users? Which expert controls could you live with being transferred to software to reduce the component count?

#33 macminipro

macminipro

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 09:45 PM

You want a smaller body? Bux X-T10. You want less retro looking? Buy any X-T. X-E3 should be X-Pro 2 minus OVF minus weather sealing minus joystick = affordable 24 MP with new processor!

#34 9.V.III

9.V.III

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 03:03 AM

I'd like to have an X-Pro 2 minus OVF, plus tilt screen in X-E2 size.

nimix

Pretty much this.

I absolutely adore the X-Pro2, but half the reason I got rid of my full size SLR (Canon 5D2) was that I was still doing all my shooting with a Rebel even though I had this big beautiful body sitting there.
Even with a 400mm lens, having a compact body is important because the camera is constantly rubbing against your body when you go hiking, and I can fit a compact body in my lens case, and the lens with body can be packed together, and even if you have a smaller lens, running around every day with an obviously high end camera paints you as a target for thugs and junkies. Not to mention I can be as hazardous to my own equipment as anyone.

I don't actually want an OVF either. I mean, I "want" one, but I all the functionality I need is on the EVF (manual focusing wide aperture lenses, intuitive awareness of exposure, etc...), the way I want to shoot a Fuji is with the EVF. So that would make the X-T2 a prime candidate, but I still want the rangefinder layout. Having room for my nose sounds nice, and again, I don't want the hump so that my camera packs better.

The X-E3 is the body I want, both the price and the layout.
The only thing I "need" from Fuji in the X-E3 is the new sensor and new menus, that's why I don't have an X-E2 right now, by the time I knew I wanted one it seemed like the system was ripe for an upgrade.
Priority List.
1. New Sensor and Processor (Lots of Pixels and good High ISO)
2. UI improvements (Menu and Button Layout).
3. Tilt Screen
4. Make sure it still has an ISO dial.
5. More battery is always nice (400 shots would be good)

#35 adam

adam

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 05:18 AM

keep the form factor, make it able to print to the instax, match the xpro2 in terms of resolution, viewfinder and features like they did with the xe1, though the xe1 was actually better than the xpro1.

#36 GoodPhotos

GoodPhotos

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 January 2016 - 03:03 AM

X-E2s with a tilt LCD. That's all I want in an X-E3. 

Carpe Lumen! - Michael Eric Bérubé My Fuji Kit: X20, X-A1, X-E1, X-E2, X-T1, XF10-24/4, XC16-55/3.5-5.6, XF27/2.8, XF35/1.4, XF56/1.2, Elmar 90/4 w/LTM>XF adapter, XF55-200/3.5-4.8, FlashQ triggers, 3 - Nissin i40 flashes (And it ALL fits in ONE Domke F1-X bag!)

#37 Nick05

Nick05

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 26 January 2016 - 01:01 AM

I would like to see the ISO dial from the X-Pro 2, a tilting LCD, as well as the new sensor and improved AF. I shoot in varying light conditions and frequently change ISO, so having to go use a menu for ISO was one of the reasons I frequently take the X-T1 instead. The AF is the other, but that should be taken care of shortly.

#38 cug

cug

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 26 January 2016 - 05:48 AM

I don't get it. Putting ISO on an Fn button and changing it with the thumbwheel is much faster and more direct than the hardware controls, especially the weird ones Fuji comes up with ...

#39 darknj

darknj

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 765 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 26 January 2016 - 10:55 AM

I don't get it. Putting ISO on an Fn button and changing it with the thumbwheel is much faster and more direct than the hardware controls, especially the weird ones Fuji comes up with ...

If you don't have a top display, the dials are a bit easier as you actually know where the settings are. But most would use the Auto ISO anyway.

I rarely turn the ISO dial, usually it goes from Auto to 400 and 6400 when really in low light and I need some more speed.

#40 Nick05

Nick05

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 26 January 2016 - 02:38 PM

personally I love the dials on my X-T1. I can see all the settings with the camera off or not up to my face. Before using my X100T, I never used auto ISO. It does come in handy, but I don't always want to rely on auto exposure.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: X-E3

x

Registration is free

Not registered? Really?

Discover the full potential of the Fuji X Forum... register now!
Registration is free and done in a few minutes!

As registered member you can discuss, post your questions and present your images.
And get in contact with Fuji X photographers worldwide!

We are looking forward to you!

The Fuji X Forum Team

Register Close