New X-T10 owner

greatbigd

So I was lucky enough to attend the 2015 AdobeMax conference in L.A. a couple weeks ago, where all attendees received a free X-T10 and XF 18-55 lens. I am not a photographer, but I am interested in learning as a hobby now. Given the zero cost, I went ahead and bought an XC 50-230 lens, extra batteries, and a vanguard vojo 25 bag for safe keeping. Where do I begin? I have read many intro/fundamentals of photography over the past 2 weeks, and I am thirsting for more knowledge to send me down the right path. Any and all suggestions welcome

The only advice I can really give is to have fun. Don't think too much about it, just take pictures of anything and everything you want.

Try things out, experiments here and there, take it easy, it's a hobby, quite a fun one even.

If you have friends/colleagues/... with photography experience you can ask them to judge your pictures, take what they say with a grain of salt as if they are experienced, their ways of shooting might not be yours.

By taking more and more pictures, you will naturally find things that you like to do and others that you won't like and slowly your own style will show up in your pictures.

Photography is a very personal thing, it has to please you first. If that shot also happens to appeal to others, that's even better.

As for the technique, just stick to auto at first and slowly learn up things like the Aperture, ISO, speed, composition,... 

Gear wise, you are pretty much set for most things, there will be very little need for more except when you will start getting picky about your pictures, even so you can still make do with what you currently have.