• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#21 bsurg

bsurg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 08:45 PM

Advertisement (Gone after free registration)

An XF33mm f/1.0 is definitely something I'd be interested in. I lean heavily on my 35mm lenses (both f/1.4 and f/2) for wedding work, and if the 33mm f/1 were to be released I'd probably sell the f/1.4 and jump on the 33mm. Hope this happens!!

• tarikolmez likes this

#22 Tikcus

Tikcus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 06 June 2016 - 03:06 AM

My XF35 F/1.4 is so good, not sure I need n extra stop of light, or a shallower DOF

Honestly thinking about it, I don't use half the lenses I have access to, the only focal length gaps is something wider than 18mm.

However, I very rarely shoot landscapes and find the 18mm wide enough when I do, and I find the lens sharp enough.

The only time I wished I had something wider was when I used the camera for video, (actually tempted to buy a Samyang cine lens)

I'd be interested in a 200mm F/2.8 if it was compatible with the 1.4 X TC (and the upcoming 2X TC), as would get a 280mm F/4, and a 400mm F/5.6, but I expect tit to be expensive for a lens that I'd only use every now and again

"Share what you have learnt"

My Flickr

#23 Phil

Phil

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 06 June 2016 - 03:22 AM

An XF33mm f/1.0 is definitely something I'd be interested in. I lean heavily on my 35mm lenses (both f/1.4 and f/2) for wedding work, and if the 33mm f/1 were to be released I'd probably sell the f/1.4 and jump on the 33mm. Hope this happens!!

Me too. I don't use 35mm too too often, but when I do, I've got that 50mm Summilux look in mind, and I feel like this would get pretty close. 50mm is more of a portrait length for me, as opposed to a daily carry, so I wouldn't mind the potential size and AF speed issues. 

I've said it before, but other than the possible exception of the 16mm, if this 33mm got announced, every other camera purchase would be put on hold until I could get this lens.

X-T1  •  X-E2  •  16mm f/1.4  •  18mm f/2  •  23mm f/1.4  •  35mm f/1.4  •  56mm f/1.2  •  50-230mm  •  Instax Mini 90

https://instagram.com/philbabbey/

#24 Sator-Photography

Sator-Photography

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 12:48 PM

Although it is rumoured that Fuji might have shelved this project, now that Sony have released the Planar T* FE 50mm F1.4 ZA for E mount with MTF plots that look a hair better than even the Zeiss Otus 55mm f/1.4, I do hope that Fuji can fire back with a 33mm f/1.0 with MTF plots just as good. 

Sony are only finding their feet when it comes to designing mirrorless lenses. However, there is good reason to think that Fuji are likewise gaining from increased experience designing for the X mount. I would like to see a state of the art 33mm f/1.0 lens from Fuji even if it is a little bit pricier than what we are used to. 

#25 Patrick FR

Patrick FR

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 848 posts
  • LocationTOP SECRET

Posted 31 January 2017 - 09:28 AM

Seems Fujifilm has no plans anymore for this lens :( http://www.fujirumor...n-xf-33mm-f1-0/

#26 milandro

milandro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,646 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 09:46 AM

Seems that someone has finally reached the conclusion that to produce anything one needs a market large enough to justify it. Of course there wil be many who will cry their outrage ( but not all who will do so would have put their wallet where their keyboard is) at this act of disrespect. But they are not running the Fuji company and have to justify their act to several share holders who already wonder if and when they were going to see their money back.

• johant likes this

the popular expression wishful thinking is an oxymoron!

To all TAPATALK users

As a form of courtesy towards your fellow users of this forum, PLEASE remove the obnoxious tapatalk signature, it adds nothing to anyone’s contribution and it is only a sneaky way used by tapatalk to push their product by polluting each forum participant with promoting their products with unpaid advertising for their software and the brand of your phone. Removing it is easy and it is an act of courtesy that shows respect for all those whom are annoyed by this pointless feature. This is not a personal attack to you, the annoyance is caused by tapatalk and the phone or tablet brands, they are getting all the exposure and you gain nothing by this.

#27 mdm

mdm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 09:50 AM

If Fuji isn't going neither make 33f1.0 no upgrade 35f1.4 I would have assumed that the recent earthquake has damaged not only their factory...

#28 milandro

milandro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,646 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 10:41 AM

I suppose, since this is their business ( they’ve been doing this a long time and wake up every day to take such decisions as part of their job, for which they are paid...), expertise and their money, that they know what they are doing. 

To all TAPATALK users

As a form of courtesy towards your fellow users of this forum, PLEASE remove the obnoxious tapatalk signature, it adds nothing to anyone’s contribution and it is only a sneaky way used by tapatalk to push their product by polluting each forum participant with promoting their products with unpaid advertising for their software and the brand of your phone. Removing it is easy and it is an act of courtesy that shows respect for all those whom are annoyed by this pointless feature. This is not a personal attack to you, the annoyance is caused by tapatalk and the phone or tablet brands, they are getting all the exposure and you gain nothing by this.

#29 Patrick FR

Patrick FR

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 848 posts
  • LocationTOP SECRET

Posted 31 January 2017 - 11:32 AM

I'm not sure Fujifilm always knows what they are doing.

They launched almost simoltaneously two entry level cameras (X-M1 / X-A1). What was the sense of launching 2 entry level cameras at the same time with basically the same specs (except X-Trans). Of course X-M1 failed (which was more expensive than the X-A1). And the X30 failed too. And the X-E2s is a mistery too. And the X70 failed too. Just a few examples

They might have made many right decisions, but also quite some wrong ones. And I believe, not making the 33/1 is a wrong decision.

#30 milandro

milandro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,646 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 12:16 PM

they have tried and failed in the beginning of their run this has costed much money, now they have learned from their previous costly faults. The X-A-1-2 ( and their new X-A3) was disappointing in the whole world except from Thailand and South East Asia where they sold in great numbers ( That’s why they are doing this again).

I am not going to miss the 33.

To all TAPATALK users

#31 mdm

mdm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 12:21 PM

All that many of Fuji users asked for is relatively fast normal lenses with new motors. It is not a whim. Isn't it?

#32 milandro

milandro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,646 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 12:37 PM

I can just feel another petition coming up... :rolleyes:

online-petition.jpg

• Patrick FR likes this

To all TAPATALK users

#33 mdm

mdm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 01:38 PM

Green is to calm. We need it in red!

#34 milandro

milandro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,646 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 01:50 PM

of course ...

Just remember that green is the international coded color for GO!, while red is the international color code for STOP!

To all TAPATALK users

#35 bhu

bhu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 04:26 PM

My gut says the lens development group has these priorities.

Lenses for the medium format GFX - New market potential

Finishing development of the 80 mm macro - Smaller market, roadmap completion, semi-replacement for 60 mm

Development of the fisheye constant aperture zoom - Small market, roadmap completion

Video lenses for APS-C family - New market potential but market will be small-ish

Refresh of early zoom lenses like the 18-55 - Large upgrade/replacement opportunity

After all of that, I would be surprised if Fujifilm has much bandwidth left. Also, a 33 mm f/1.0 is a small market in a crowded area of the roadmap, which has had recent updates. Fujifilm may leave the ultra-fast lens development to other lens makers. A very fast lens will also be bigger, heavier, and more difficult (expensive) to meet Fujifilm's IQ goals. I can see how they may put off development indefinitely, though it may be back on the table as other tasks are completed.

#36 milandro

milandro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,646 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 05:35 PM

Which brand is your crystal ball?

To all TAPATALK users

#37 Nick05

Nick05

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 31 January 2017 - 07:38 PM

Which brand is your crystal ball?

Remember it is not about the brand or type, but the person behind it. A professional Oracle can tell the future well even with a cheap crystal ball.

#38 milandro

milandro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,646 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 08:04 PM

the best way to find out about an oracle credibility is to go to visit him at home and ring the doorbell. If he or she asks “ Who’s there?” they are no good.

• Nick05 likes this

To all TAPATALK users

#39 Phil

Phil

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 01 February 2017 - 12:32 AM

I'll be bummed if this rumour is true. One of the main reasons I don't use my 35mm as much is the less predictable focusing (the 56mm may be slow, but at least it's consistent) and the fact that it focuses externally. I like how most of the other primes focus internally and come with plastic hoods; I feel more confident when they get subjected to bumps and the like.

Even if they replace the 35mm 1.4 with another 1.4 lens, internal focusing would be enough to get me to switch. f/1.0 would have been a much-welcomed bonus, too.

X-T1  •  X-E2  •  16mm f/1.4  •  18mm f/2  •  23mm f/1.4  •  35mm f/1.4  •  56mm f/1.2  •  50-230mm  •  Instax Mini 90

https://instagram.com/philbabbey/

#40 johant

johant

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 10:50 PM

And I believe, not making the 33/1 is a wrong decision.

I don't think so. Huge development costs, tiny market.

x

Registration is free

Not registered? Really?

Discover the full potential of the Fuji X Forum... register now!
Registration is free and done in a few minutes!

As registered member you can discuss, post your questions and present your images.
And get in contact with Fuji X photographers worldwide!

We are looking forward to you!

The Fuji X Forum Team

Register Close