XT1 & video?

Naddan28

Hi all,

I was wondering whether any forum users are actively using their XT1 setup for videography? I've been thinking about shooting a small family documentary with an elderly relative but I'm concerned about various comments/issues raised over image quality and I've seen some bad examples of moire etc. Similarly from my research, it appears the mic Jack is 2.5mm, how are people working around this issue for quality audio?

It's such a shame that Fuji can't get good quality video output from the XT1 and let us use our great lens and Fuji colours. Solid video output for occasional use such as this would be much appreciated! Being a former GH3 owner and seeing what Sony have done with the A7 range, I think Fuji are missing a trick and risk losing customers to other formats. For example, I noticed that Zack Arius has opted for a GH4 to make up for Fuji's lack of video support, but had kept his Fuji gear. Whether he'd have made the same decision had the A7Rii been available, who knows!

Either way, I would be grateful to hear from any XT1 users with experiences to share. Given the importance of the project I want to make sure I've got the right gear/fully aware of any quirks before I start.

Thanks in advance,

Daniel

Unfotunately Fuji didn't put much time in video yet (there are some rumours they'll fix this in the x-pro2). It's doable and it looks allright for home some videos, just don't expect too much of it. Because of the sensor and processor you'll see moire in certain textures and patterns, detailed scenes can look pretty bad. For the audio you can use an adapter. I'd say, do some test shots. 

But since you're saying your project is important I'd look somewhere else.