#21 Watcher24

Watcher24

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
  • LocationSwitzerland

Posted 21 May 2015 - 08:09 PM

Advertisement (Gone after free registration)

16348916654_9f9a74668b_b.jpg

d-marker by Christoph, auf Flickr

:.

• mbart, Mehrdad, Dickmanitoba and 18 others like this

#22 Watcher24

Watcher24

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
  • LocationSwitzerland

Posted 21 May 2015 - 08:10 PM

14167669023_557edb1881_b.jpg

zabrisky vehicles by Christoph, auf Flickr

• CRAusmus, Curiojo, bigbadwolf and 1 other like this

#23 sadaqat

sadaqat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationPakistan, Saudi Arabia

Posted 22 May 2015 - 07:28 AM

Austria, Schonbrun palace

Attached Files

• CRAusmus, Curiojo and Ektachrome like this

#24 sadaqat

sadaqat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 07:29 AM

Fashion seekers

Attached Files

• Curiojo and KirilND like this

#25 sadaqat

sadaqat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 07:30 AM

Fashion District, Austria

Attached Files

#26 sadaqat

sadaqat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 07:33 AM

"Slender Dreams"

Attached Files

• dv., jsc, bollemus and 1 other like this

#27 sadaqat

sadaqat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 07:38 AM

"Out of sync"

Attached Files

• dv. and Curiojo like this

#28 Harlem

Harlem

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 22 May 2015 - 08:04 AM

"Slender Dreams"

Unfortunately we don't have a Dislike button. This picture is just disrespectful and serves as a good example of how to discredit streetphotography. Just my 2ct.

• uyuni, parigby, Digitalrules and 1 other like this

#29 citral

citral

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 01:59 PM

Unfortunately we don't have a Dislike button. This picture is just disrespectful and serves as a good example of how to discredit streetphotography. Just my 2ct.

II wouldn't say that. I'd say the title is very unfortunate, not because I am shocked but because I firmly believe a phtograph's interpretation should be up to the viewer, it's not the role of the photographer to tell people how they should interpret it. Something like Street Name - Year would be much better imo. I don't like titles that are oriented because they seem to imply the viewer is not intelligent enough to make a link on his own about what's happening, so he needs the help of the pohotgrapher to explain him what it's about.

Now if one discards the title, he can imagine anything. Would it be called "dreaming about fine lingerie" people would react differently. I know a man from poland who would find this woman a bit underweight. It's all a matter of personal perception and interpretation.

I would argue that it's really a shame that some people think one should not photograph fat people because it's disrepectful, or children because it's creepy.

If the viewer has issues in his head and thinks immediatly about sex when seing children, or about morbidity when seing overweight people it is entirely HIS problem, not the photographer's and certainly not mine. I don't mind my children being photographed because they are part of an interresting scene or just because they are beautiful.

Why could only beautiful slim women, flowers, sunsets and men in suits be photographed? How is that any more sane and democratic than photographing everyone, the homeless included?

How is photographing the ass of a beautiful woman next to the rear of a race car and call it "nice bottoms" less exploitative than to photograph a not-so-slim one next to a scrawny mannequin and call it "slender dreams"? It is not. It's all about perception and street photography is often about juxtapositions of things that work in the picture without necessarily having anything to do in real life (here we can't even be sure that the woman is looking at the mannequin due to the angle, that made the picture work in the first place)

The title is unfortunate but the picture does not discredit street photography which is exploiting life to make interresting pictures imo. Somehow nobody has risen a concern about the '"out of sync" picture capturing a woman that one could depict as being probably anorexic.

• Curiojo, marcelo_valente, Iko and 11 others like this

#30 bigbadwolf

bigbadwolf

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 04:47 PM

:ph34r:

• UKandie and gliderpilot like this

regards bigbadwolf

#31 Mehrdad

Mehrdad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 09:19 PM

Attached File  2015.05.18_unbenannt_153.jpg   366.57KB   92 downloads

• citral and Curiojo like this
"If you can smell the street by looking at a photo, then you know it's Streetphotography" Bruce Gilden
Homepage // Qimago on Facebook //
I am a official Fujifilm x-Photographer

#32 citral

citral

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 09:33 PM

It is quite well framed and the colours and muted tones are pleasing to my eyes, where is that? I'd say europe but not sure where.

#33 Mehrdad

Mehrdad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 09:41 PM

Thank you citral. Bilbao, Spain.

Where they built the Guggenheim museum

Attached File  2013.06.07_unbenannt_166-Bearbeitet_Snapseed.jpg   432.03KB   96 downloads

sorry for the OT pic

• Patrick FR, mbart, citral and 12 others like this
"If you can smell the street by looking at a photo, then you know it's Streetphotography" Bruce Gilden
Homepage // Qimago on Facebook //
I am a official Fujifilm x-Photographer

#34 CRAusmus

CRAusmus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 414 posts
  • LocationGeorgia or Texas...Pick one...

Posted 23 May 2015 - 01:05 AM

16348916654_9f9a74668b_b.jpg

d-marker by Christoph, auf Flickr

My favorite in the thread so far.  Absolutely stunning.  Framing  is great, processing is awesome.  How did you have time to get low and frame so quickly? What did you shoot with/at?

• Watcher24, Curiojo, 11rootbeerrcc and 4 others like this
--Clinton
X70  •  X-Pro1  •  X-T1  •  14  •  27  •  35  •  60  •  55-200
InstagramFlickr

#35 citral

citral

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 23 May 2015 - 10:41 PM

17394016324_056278fa5c_b.jpgx-tc on rampage by Christophe Branchereau, on Flickr

#36 DIS Ottawa

DIS Ottawa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 04:22 AM

A coffee shop, just off the street._DSF4746-X3.jpg

• dv., Tolga, Curiojo and 2 others like this

#37 andrewlee

andrewlee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 06:07 AM

16968767944_c41ff9c0a5_b.jpgChosen by Andrew Lee, on Flickr

• citral, olli and KwyjiboVanDeKamp like this

Semi-pro photographer. Fully in love with photography.

Check out my photos on InstagramTumblrFacebook & Flickr

XT-1 / X100T -- 12mm f2 / 35mm f2 / 56mm f1.2 / 15-55 f2.8 

#38 Aswald

Aswald

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 07:07 AM

II wouldn't say that. I'd say the title is very unfortunate, not because I am shocked but because I firmly believe a phtograph's interpretation should be up to the viewer, it's not the role of the photographer to tell people how they should interpret it. Something like Street Name - Year would be much better imo. I don't like titles that are oriented because they seem to imply the viewer is not intelligent enough to make a link on his own about what's happening, so he needs the help of the pohotgrapher to explain him what it's about.

Now if one discards the title, he can imagine anything. Would it be called "dreaming about fine lingerie" people would react differently. I know a man from poland who would find this woman a bit underweight. It's all a matter of personal perception and interpretation.

I would argue that it's really a shame that some people think one should not photograph fat people because it's disrepectful, or children because it's creepy.

If the viewer has issues in his head and thinks immediatly about sex when seing children, or about morbidity when seing overweight people it is entirely HIS problem, not the photographer's and certainly not mine. I don't mind my children being photographed because they are part of an interresting scene or just because they are beautiful.

Why could only beautiful slim women, flowers, sunsets and men in suits be photographed? How is that any more sane and democratic than photographing everyone, the homeless included?

How is photographing the ass of a beautiful woman next to the rear of a race car and call it "nice bottoms" less exploitative than to photograph a not-so-slim one next to a scrawny mannequin and call it "slender dreams"? It is not. It's all about perception and street photography is often about juxtapositions of things that work in the picture without necessarily having anything to do in real life (here we can't even be sure that the woman is looking at the mannequin due to the angle, that made the picture work in the first place)

The title is unfortunate but the picture does not discredit street photography which is exploiting life to make interresting pictures imo. Somehow nobody has risen a concern about the '"out of sync" picture capturing a woman that one could depict as being probably anorexic.

I don't know why but people get offended about almost everything nowadays.......perhaps the truth hurts sometimes and yeah, it's always easier to make it someone else's problem rather than our own. IMO, the title and the pic is very powerful. Definitely thought provoking...whether it is acceptable or not depends on who and where you are.

• Curiojo, sadaqat, ChangshaNotes and 5 others like this

#39 ewm19

ewm19

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 10:02 AM

X100T, edit with LR

17994110375_734c6e4380_c.jpgMechanical Work by ewm19, on Flickr

• andrewlee, dv., olli and 8 others like this

#40 Conflan

Conflan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 11:38 PM

WhatsApp!!!

(X-A1,27mm,f/8)

Attached Files

• CRAusmus, Curiojo, Ektachrome and 2 others like this

I am here because:

X-A1, X-A1,12mm 2.0, 27, 35, 16-50, 50-230

x

Registration is free

Not registered? Really?

Discover the full potential of the Fuji X Forum... register now!
Registration is free and done in a few minutes!

As registered member you can discuss, post your questions and present your images.
And get in contact with Fuji X photographers worldwide!

We are looking forward to you!

The Fuji X Forum Team

Register Close