52 replies to this topic

#41 rfJeff

rfJeff

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationDallas, USA

Posted 31 January 2017 - 04:30 AM

Advertisement (Gone after free registration)

Enchanted Rock, Texas

Attached File  enchanted rock 4 (800x788).jpg   451.49KB   9 downloads

• Curiojo likes this

#42 rfJeff

rfJeff

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationDallas, USA

Posted 03 February 2017 - 03:26 AM

Dallas, Texas

Attached File  040-Edit (1024x1024).jpg   605.79KB   9 downloads

#43 Adam Woodhouse

Adam Woodhouse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 313 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 09 February 2017 - 05:36 PM

I have been shooting a M4/3 LUMIX that I have converted for IR, but was just thinking this last week that I need to convert a Fuji body so I do not need to carry multiple brands of lenses, batteries, and bodies. These photos look great and I now think that I need to find a Fuji to convert. For those of you that have converted a Fuji, are you using native lenses? Is there anything from your experience shooting IR converted Fujis that you would recommend or avoid as far the gear itself.

I'd like to know this as well !!

Fujifilm X-T2 and X-T1
16mm/1.4 | 35mm/1.4 | 10-24mm/4 | 16-55mm/2.8 | 50-140/2,8 | 18-135mm

Rokinon 8mm/2.8

Flashes: Fujifilm EF-X500, iNissin i40 and two Yongnou 565's

Classic Lens Adapters: Pentax K, M42, Canon FD, Nikon and Minolta

Adam Woodhouse, Wedding Photographer
Ontario, Canada
http://www.woodhousephotography.com
Twitter: @woodhousephoto

#44 Nick05

Nick05

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 10 February 2017 - 01:26 PM

Adam, I've been able to find some info at the link below. I also just bought a used X-E2 to convert and will probably send it in next month to convert. I want to spend a little time shooting with it first to make sure it doesn't have any issues. Hopefully we will get some responses here.

http://fujixsystem.b...lens-tests.html
  • Adam Woodhouse likes this

#45 rfJeff

rfJeff

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationDallas, USA

Posted 13 February 2017 - 03:41 PM

Life Pixel converted a XPro1 for me. I like having the OVF.

#46 rfJeff

rfJeff

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationDallas, USA

Posted 13 February 2017 - 03:45 PM

Dealey Plaza

Attached File  _DSF5095-Edit.jpg   143.83KB   6 downloads
  • Curiojo likes this

#47 Enzio

Enzio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts
  • LocationBavaria - Germany

Posted 15 February 2017 - 05:36 PM

with the XF 23/2.0 WR ... :)

32918150695_4c6a587ae8_b.jpg

IR - Baum by Enzio Harpaintner, auf Flickr

• Curiojo likes this

regards Enzio

#48 jcg

jcg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 11:06 PM

Milford, Texas

Attached Files

• Curiojo likes this

#49 Nick05

Nick05

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 08 April 2017 - 03:55 AM

I finally had a chance to send my X-E2 off to Life Pixel and just received it back yesterday. I went out and took a couple test shots today.
33902107905_00d5ca7d5a_c.jpg

#50 neal3K

neal3K

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationAtlanta Metro

Posted 08 April 2017 - 12:48 PM

I have been shooting a M4/3 LUMIX that I have converted for IR, but was just thinking this last week that I need to convert a Fuji body so I do not need to carry multiple brands of lenses, batteries, and bodies. These photos look great and I now think that I need to find a Fuji to convert. For those of you that have converted a Fuji, are you using native lenses? Is there anything from your experience shooting IR converted Fujis that you would recommend or avoid as far the gear itself.

I had Kolari Vision convert my X100S to dual spectrum, Infrared and Visible a couple of years ago.  I have to use a "Hot Filter" for visible light or IR filters for infrared.  I have hundreds of photos on Flickr and an infrared album there.  Look for Neal3k if you are interested.

Pros on my conversion - I can shoot IR as well as any adapted camera and still shoot visible.

Cons on my conversion - I have to always use a filter (although I do get a nice combined effect if I leave all filters off.)  Also my color balance with the Hot filter seems a bit different that it did before conversion.  Not a killer and worth having both choices.

I've tried filters on my new X100F and am not happy so I will just shoot with both cameras now.  It is worth the trouble for me since I love the results with both cameras.

• Nick05 likes this

#51 Nick05

Nick05

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 10 April 2017 - 02:53 AM

I had Kolari Vision convert my X100S to dual spectrum, Infrared and Visible a couple of years ago.  I have to use a "Hot Filter" for visible light or IR filters for infrared.  I have hundreds of photos on Flickr and an infrared album there.  Look for Neal3k if you are interested.

Pros on my conversion - I can shoot IR as well as any adapted camera and still shoot visible.

Cons on my conversion - I have to always use a filter (although I do get a nice combined effect if I leave all filters off.)  Also my color balance with the Hot filter seems a bit different that it did before conversion.  Not a killer and worth having both choices.

I've tried filters on my new X100F and am not happy so I will just shoot with both cameras now.  It is worth the trouble for me since I love the results with both cameras.

Thanks Neil! I followed you. Feel free to follow me if you like. I'm planning on taking infrared photos more frequently now. Previously I had an infrared converted Lumix m4/3 camera. While I was happy with the camera, I hated having to carry two of everything. I also only had two lenses for the lumix. Having the converted X-E2 is so much easier. 

Edited by Nick05, 10 April 2017 - 02:54 AM.

#52 Nick05

Nick05

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 10 April 2017 - 02:57 AM

I went to Paynes Prairie in Gainsville, FL today and took a few more. 

33128818023_4ac1d8a693_k.jpgFlorida's Buffalo herd in Infrared by Brian Nicklaus, on Flickr

33786696162_5cecd99b2e_k.jpgGainsville, FL looking otherworldly by Brian Nicklaus, on Flickr

#53 Enzio

Enzio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts
  • LocationBavaria - Germany

Posted 16 April 2017 - 08:42 PM

... :)

33693669690_d6659bf740_b.jpg

IR-Herzbaum by Enzio Harpaintner, auf Flickr

regards Enzio

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: IR, infrared, infrarot

x

Registration is free

Not registered? Really?

Discover the full potential of the Fuji X Forum... register now!
Registration is free and done in a few minutes!

As registered member you can discuss, post your questions and present your images.
And get in contact with Fuji X photographers worldwide!

We are looking forward to you!

The Fuji X Forum Team

Register Close