• Please log in to reply
150 replies to this topic

#21 azmanshah

azmanshah

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 03:22 AM

Advertisement (Gone after free registration)

I have Crumpler Six Million Dollar Home camera backpack. Great bag for travelling. It got 2 compartments.   A Weather resistant design,the main cargo area has Six moulded dividers where i can placed all my camera bodies and lenses i.e. 2 bodies (X-T1 and X-M1) and 6 lenses i.e. XF55-200, XF18-55, XF56mm 1.2, XF27mm, Zeiss Touit 12mm and Samyang 8mm Fisheye. The other top compartment is very essential to put my personal belonging such as light jacket, power banks, chargers and others. It also has a rear zipped padded pocket can carry iPad where i can fit nicely my 11 in Macbook Air.

CRUMPLER_6MDH_00.jpg

• CRAusmus likes this

#22 Noel

Noel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationSurrey & Cumbria

Posted 20 May 2015 - 04:42 AM

Billingham Hadley Pro everytime. Surpising just what you can fit inside them, it's a like a cloth tardis.

Attached Files

• PSantos, Curiojo, bradleyhanson and 4 others like this

#23 Kabo

Kabo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 08:09 AM

Great to see everyone's favourite bags! I mostly use a Billingham Hadley small when my main purpose is to go on a photo walk. It fits my X-T1 and a couple of lenses perfectly and is lightweight and inconspicuous.

For travel I use a Chrome Niko backpack which fits all camera gear and travel accessories. The dividers inside aren't very helpful though...too big for mirrorless. I have high hopes for the Brevite backpack.

Has anyone used an ONA Prince Street? I wonder if you could fit in A4 paper as I'm looking for a combined work and camera bag (X-T1, plus 1 extra lens and work papers, sunnies, keys, wallet, etc). I'm fairly certain the Brixton would work, but am worried it's too big and heavy...

#24 macabee

macabee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationSunny South Coast

Posted 20 May 2015 - 06:35 PM

My favorite camera bag is my Domke F:803.

This is my photo ‘Grab Bag’ it contains the following:

Fuji X-PRO1

18~55mm lens & hood

Fuji EF-42 flash

AA batteries x4

Spare camera battery & SD card  in a Think Tank pouch

Torch

Notebook & pen

First Aid kit  [I always carry one]

Fruit bar

The Domke F:803 is discreet, does not shout expensive camera inside and is tough, very tough

Depending on my requirements I will also use Think Tank mirrorless mover 30i

Or my Billingham Hadley large, particularly if it is raining. 

Or my Billingham L2 great for short walks/street shooting. Best of British Manufacturing.

XP15341
Album: General
1 images
0 comments

#25 Steve C

Steve C

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 06:04 PM

Someone in another forum mentioned Finnish Gas Mask Bags.  http://www.keepshoot...-mask-bag.html#.  On the inside I put the Ape Case Cubeze QB 39 Flexible Storage Cube.  Total cost about $30.  I can hold two Fuji Cameras with lenses mounted and 1 flash and small battery pack.  The Ape Case is waterproof also.  

• citral likes this

#26 citral

citral

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 06:27 PM

That's really great! I'm going for that too, thanks for the tip.

#27 juanco.lopez

juanco.lopez

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 07:26 PM

Tenba DNA 8!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#28 kielinski

kielinski

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia, PA USA

Posted 22 May 2015 - 04:45 PM

I used a Think Tank City Walker 10 for a couple years.  Pretty nice, lightweight bag - good for a body and a couple lens + small accessories.  As my X system grew it started to feel cramped so I started looking around for something else.

I went for an old favorite, the Domke F-2.  Tough, old school style and affordable (at least compared to a lot of other camera bags).  Plenty of room left for another lens, backup body, etc.

17967700072_686c63e90a_m.jpg  17967700832_af922e5602_m.jpg

FWIW - I still use my first, now well worn Domke F-2 as a utility bag - hauling around flash accessories, Go Pro's and such.  This one started out solid black in 1996.

17783020058_9375c178cc_m.jpg

• Marc G., CRAusmus, Curiojo and 2 others like this

Kyle Kielinski - Photographer

www.merionphotographic.com

#29 NorthernXposure

NorthernXposure

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 03:46 PM

I'm trying to save up for the ONA Prince Street: http://www.onabags.c...color=field-tan

Would love the leather but might have to settle for the waxed field tan.

• Old Pro likes this

#30 citral

citral

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 05:31 PM

Finally I've bitten the bullet and got a retrospective 7, to also double as everyday pack.

And when about everyone on the internet claim it's the best money can buy, everyone is not wrong.

Yes it's double the price of a Tamrac Apache but it's worth 5 times that in quality, look and feel. That thing will last 10 to 20 years for sure, and damn is it comfortable for the weight!

Sorry OP, and I tried.
  • SopheNic likes this

#31 Nero

Nero

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 07:47 PM

Billingham Hadley Pro. I can carry my X-T1, 18-135mm, 10-24mm, 23mm, 27mm, and 35mm with room for extra batteries, iPad, cleaning kit, filters, and a Helios 44-2 if I want. It's practically bulletproof too. I've never felt alarmed by weather or other conditions with my gear in this bag. It's not cheap, but worth every last penny for the quality and insurance it provides. It also cleanly fits under the seat in front of me on airplanes.

• CRAusmus and kev.pfeifle like this

#32 ross1943

ross1943

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 07:55 AM

Can anyone tell me whether an XT-1 with Long Eyecup, and with 18-55 lens complete with lens hood attached, will fit lens down in an Apache 2 bag?  Specified measurements suggest it may be problematic.  I am considering both the Apache 2 and 4, but with advancing years the latter is bigger than I would like to carry everyday while walking around cities on holidays.

• WINN likes this

#33 joshinthecity

joshinthecity

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationSydney. Australia

Posted 12 June 2015 - 12:52 PM

Domke Chronicle for me.

http://www.bhphotovi...tary_black.html

And I have a very small canvas messenger bag for what I'm just rocking the X100T and some bits and pieces.

Art.jpg

• bradleyhanson likes this

#34 sine qua non

sine qua non

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 12:49 PM

I have the Retrospective 20 affording ample room for X-T1, 3 prime lenses, flash and several small compartments for batteries, chargers, extra storage cards, etc.  Items are easily accessed and bag is inconspicuous, especially after wife inadvertently spilled a glass of wine on the exterior.  Contacted ThinkTank after I received it and they gladly sent additional dividers for my specific needs at no charge.  

• Curiojo likes this

#35 bradleyhanson

bradleyhanson

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis

Posted 15 June 2015 - 04:57 PM

A lot of great options listed in this thread. Another option is taking any messenger bag and getting Domke or Tenba inserts to protect the lenses. I love my Ona "Union Street" bag, which holds my 3 cameras and lenses, batteries and chargers. My bag holds:

X-Pro1 (x2) with lenses mounted

X100s

14mm f2.8

23mm f1.4

56mm f1.2

TCL-X100

11 batteries

2 chargers

iPad Air (15" laptop would also fit in the padded interior slot)

I'll still be able to cram the 90mm in a compartment once that arrives, but no room for a 4th body...

Attached Files

• Curiojo and Alexander Mosquera like this

#36 FearTheXNoob

FearTheXNoob

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 07:47 AM

The Ona sound very nice, but it's a bit expensive. I've been looking for a bag to hold my X-T1 with 2-3 lenses, as well as a 13'' notebook for ages now. Can anyone recommend a bag that is a little cheaper?

X-T2, 8-400mm 2.8-5.6
“The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera.” — Dorothea Lange

#37 milandro

milandro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 09:36 AM

The Ona sound very nice, but it's a bit expensive. I've been looking for a bag to hold my X-T1 with 2-3 lenses, as well as a 13'' notebook for ages now. Can anyone recommend a bag that is a little cheaper?

the  Jill.E design model Jack Camera Messenger (small) should be giving you all you need (I needed the large version)

the popular expression wishful thinking is an oxymoron!

Please remove the obnoxious tapatalk signature, it adds nothing to anyone’s contribution and it is only a sneaky way used by tapatalk to push their product by polluting each forum participant with promoting their products. They don’t even pay you for this! Nobody really wants to know about the brand and type of your phone or the program that you use to post on the forum.

#38 Robin

Robin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 18 June 2015 - 03:15 PM

I use the Hadley small for my X-T1 & 14MM, Canon 50mm f1.4, Metabones adapter, Lee big stopper, Lee little stopper, Lee polarizer, all in tins, Lee adapter and two rings. blower, remote, spare battery. and believe it or not a MeFoto carbon tripod, Its a super light bag and waterproof, thats what put me off leather, more weight and heavy when wet.

#39 JLing

JLing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 18 June 2015 - 08:12 PM

My think tank mirrorless mover 20 is small and carries my xt1 with lens, x100s and 1 lens (or 2 lenses). Lenspen, spare batteries, sd cards, ef-20, iPad 4, rain cover, with room for more accessories. Their available in heathered grey now, which I like more then my original one.

I also have a Hadley small. Which carries about the same but is a little bulkier and also misses a handle on the lid.

#40 sgmcenroe

sgmcenroe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 18 June 2015 - 10:31 PM

This is the ThinkTank Streetwalker Harddrive backpack.  I originally purchased it for my Nikon equipment which I have since sold - and repacked it with my Fuji gear.  It holds virtually everything for travel or on site shoots, including

X-T1 with 50-140, second camera (either my X100 or my XE-2 with 27mm), my other lenses including 56mm, 55-200, 14mm and 18-50, my 3Legging Thing Brian and my Lee Seven5 filter system.  There are additional pockets on the inside flap for batteries and other gear, plus outside pockets on the front and both sides, with facility to hold a tripod on the outside of the pack, but I like being able to have it inside as it meets carry-on dimensions that way.

Streetwalker Harddrive (1 Of 1)

x

Registration is free

Not registered? Really?

Discover the full potential of the Fuji X Forum... register now!
Registration is free and done in a few minutes!

As registered member you can discuss, post your questions and present your images.
And get in contact with Fuji X photographers worldwide!

We are looking forward to you!

The Fuji X Forum Team

Register Close