14 replies to this topic

#1 milandro

milandro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,739 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 05:35 PM

Advertisement (Gone after free registration)

Of course the 20 and the 30 must be better but I discovered this camera, quite by chance, and after I had been coming to the X system and already owning a X-T1 with 5 lenses.

Yet, I’ve always had, next to my computer a small camera to take quick and easy shots, mostly of the saxophones ( my other hobby)  that I sell when I have something else to sell on line.

For many years I had a Canon G10 which did a very good job but after having entered the X system I had put an arca swiss adapter to all my tripods and this worked very annoyingly with the Canon.

I saw that the shoe to attach it to such a head would have not impaired the possibility to change battery or card while the camera was on the tripod . I had also seen that, incredibly, quite a few people were buying Canon G10 on line for a decent amout of money and that I could buy, with the same amount of money a pristine X 10.

So I sold my camera to a lady who used it for her scuba diving and had damaged another one she had and bought one from a young guy who preferred to use his Iphone ( he had bought quite a few accessories but hardly ever used the camera).

I have to say that I was absolutely chuffed with the camera. It dos great things in general but where the camera really comes into its own is the super macro and the portrait mode simulating shallow depth of field.

Not that I would ditch the X-T1 but this camera is really very good, so I can only imagine what the other two would be like!

• Sunglass and Syruloben like this

the popular expression wishful thinking is an oxymoron!

To all TAPATALK users

As a form of courtesy towards your fellow users of this forum, PLEASE remove the obnoxious tapatalk signature, it adds nothing to anyone’s contribution and it is only a sneaky way used by tapatalk to push their product by polluting each forum participant with promoting their products with unpaid advertising for their software and the brand of your phone. Removing it is easy and it is an act of courtesy that shows respect for all those whom are annoyed by this pointless feature. This is not a personal attack to you, the annoyance is caused by tapatalk and the phone or tablet brands, they are getting all the exposure and you gain nothing by this.

#2 redjade

redjade

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationBudapest, Hungary

Posted 05 June 2015 - 02:57 PM

Of course, I would also like the latest greatest Fujifilm x-series camera - but I am still happy with my x10.

• Sunglass likes this

#3 Sunglass

Sunglass

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 June 2015 - 06:31 PM

Ah, the X10! It was my third Fuji, but my first X. I still absolutely love it. I did not upgrade to the X20 and X30. I deemed that the X20 was not significantly better (as a matter of fact some users consider the IQ of the X10 better), and to be frank, I do not quite like the design of the X30. Meanwhile I have a X-T1 and three lenses, but I keep coming back to the X10. Absolutely beautiful camera. It was the main reason I fell in love with photography again. With half-case, soft-touch release, 40mm filter (and eventually the dedicated lens hood) it looks even more beautiful. I will use until the first of us dies.

#4 milandro

milandro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,739 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 08:29 AM

I marvel at how good this camera is especially with portraits, using a capability that is absent on the X-T1 ( but present as one of the 58 presets the X-T10!) to shoot 2 or 3 pictures when in SP portrait mode and fusing them together, one sharp and two others (or one, depending on the situation) not sharp to increase the blurred portion of a picture.

Very nice!

• Sunglass and claude like this

To all TAPATALK users

As a form of courtesy towards your fellow users of this forum, PLEASE remove the obnoxious tapatalk signature, it adds nothing to anyone’s contribution and it is only a sneaky way used by tapatalk to push their product by polluting each forum participant with promoting their products with unpaid advertising for their software and the brand of your phone. Removing it is easy and it is an act of courtesy that shows respect for all those whom are annoyed by this pointless feature. This is not a personal attack to you, the annoyance is caused by tapatalk and the phone or tablet brands, they are getting all the exposure and you gain nothing by this.

#5 robert.follis

robert.follis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 05:51 AM

Love my X10, the combination of size and quality is perfect. Bought an X20 and swiftly sold it as IQ not as good as X10. Then I sold my huge but rarely used Nikon 700 system. Now my one serious camera is the X10 and it continues to excel. I feel a brown leather half case coming on (-:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Sunglass likes this

#6 burbel

burbel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 04:51 PM

the compact that made me switch to fuji x lens system from pentax. brilliant little camera, after 3 years I still love it and it keeps in perfect condition :)

• Sunglass and claude like this

#7 Guest_Ridgeback_*

Guest_Ridgeback_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 January 2016 - 04:34 AM

Excellent little camera. Mine sees quite a lot of use. Back to basics as it were.

#8 cprevost

cprevost

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 06:16 PM

I bought the x10 when it first launched. I loved it but got the itch for interchangeable lenses and sold it to go micro four thirds. I bought another this week and was very pleased to use it again. It holds up well. Other cameras will beat it in image quality for sure but it is still a joy to use and ergonomically great. In good light it produces gorgeous images. 

• Sunglass likes this

#9 Moorea55

Moorea55

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationPolynésie Française

Posted 07 August 2017 - 10:14 PM

Hello,

Do you know this circular stain problem for this camera?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Attached Files

#10 milandro

milandro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,739 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 04:53 PM

well the dark “ stain” looks definitely like sensor dirt and the white one looks like a lens reflection. To make sure , take a picture against a blue sky or a white wall at a very close aperture 

To all TAPATALK users

#11 Moorea55

Moorea55

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 04:05 AM

Bonjour milandro

Merci pour votre réponse et en retour, voici une photo avec une ouverture à F 11.
On peut voir la tache noire. Est-il possible que ce soit une poussière sur le capteur?
Si c'est le cas, peut-on avoir un accès assez simple?
Je pense que le coût de la réparation chez Fuji est plus important que le prix de l'appareil!

Un grand merci pour tout cela

Attached Files

#12 claude

claude

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • LocationMission BC Canada

Posted 09 August 2017 - 04:49 AM

Bonjour milandro

Merci pour votre réponse et en retour, voici une photo avec une ouverture à F 11.
On peut voir la tache noire. Est-il possible que ce soit une poussière sur le capteur?
Si c'est le cas, peut-on avoir un accès assez simple?
Je pense que le coût de la réparation chez Fuji est plus important que le prix de l'appareil!

Un grand merci pour tout cela

Oui c'est une poussière sur le capteur! Aucune idee pour le prix de la repar !

#13 milandro

milandro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,739 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 08:05 AM

Bonjour,

Oui c'est seulement quelques objets étrangers sur le capteur. Un problème facile , juste d'un nettoyage du capteur. Votre magasin de confiance peut le résoudre pour vous. Il n'y a pas besoin de l'envoyer à Fuji. Mon magasin de confiance nettoie le capteur gratuitement, mais d'autres demandent 30 €

Mais la langue officielle de ce forum est l’anglais...

Yes, it’s only some foreign object on the sensor. An easy problem, only need cleaning the sensor. Your trusted shop can solve this for you, There is no need to send this to Fuji. My trusted shop cleans this for fee but other shops ask €30 

Good luck

Edited by milandro, 09 August 2017 - 08:05 AM.

To all TAPATALK users

#14 Moorea55

Moorea55

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 07:29 PM

Thank you for this confirmation but on the fuji X10 the lens is fixed so not removable, I do not think a store can do that.
So the passage not fuji is necessary right?

#15 milandro

milandro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,739 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 08:05 AM

Sorry I forgot this was about the X10.

In that case probably, the only option is sending the camera to the Fuji service which is your case probably means somewhere very far. Also, as you say, it may cost more than the camera is worth (even if these cameras are now picking up in price, I’ve sold mine for more than I paid ( secondhand and I could get now even more than that!).

Before sending ti away ( if you decide to do so) I would try, If I were you, to open and close the lens a few times with a bit of energy whilel holding the camera with the lens facing the ground.

The suction generated by the lens extending (completely) might dislodge the foreign object which, could even be at the back of the lens and not the sensor. You may be lucky!

Good Luck!

To all TAPATALK users

x

Registration is free

Not registered? Really?

Discover the full potential of the Fuji X Forum... register now!
Registration is free and done in a few minutes!

As registered member you can discuss, post your questions and present your images.
And get in contact with Fuji X photographers worldwide!

We are looking forward to you!

The Fuji X Forum Team

Register Close