Real X-T10 Vs. Mock Up X-T10... which one do you prefer?

X-T10 with 35mmF2 :) via lesnumeriques.com

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Having worked with Canon 1Dx and 5D III (and their predecessors) for the past 12 years and having never had an ISO dial all I have to say is that as long as you have a function button dedicated to it you don't need one. Personally I'd prefer no ISO dial on the X-T1.

Having worked with Canon 1Dx and 5D III (and their predecessors) for the past 12 years and having never had an ISO dial all I have to say is that as long as you have a function button dedicated to it you don't need one. Personally I'd prefer no ISO dial on the X-T1.

You could say the same thing about the EC dial also. Why stop there? A canon dslr veteran doesn't need a dedicate aperture ring or top plate shutter dials either. right? You got front and rear dials for that. Just like on canon dslr. Remove all those Fuji dedicated dials and you end up with canon dslr operational controls which you are accustomed to using for 12 years.

You could say the same thing about the EC dial also. Why stop there? A canon dslr veteran doesn't need a dedicate aperture ring or top plate shutter dials either. right? You got front and rear dials for that. Just like on canon dslr. Remove all those Fuji dedicated dials and you end up with canon dslr operational controls which you are accustomed to using for 12 years.

Well now you mention it I'm looking forward to being able to set my shutter dial to "T" and use my forward dial to adjust shutter speed. Being able to change shutter speed in manual mode without having to remove my eye from the viewfinder will be a plus!

But rather than being sarcastic, consider the useability of the feature you are championing. Have you tried changing ISO in low (or no) light? It's not easy. I end up simply using Auto ISO in low light, which defeats the purpose of an ISO dial anyway. The functionality of the dial is flawed - at least 2-3 times per wedding I lose a shot because the drive dial has been changed when all I've wanted to do is change ISO.

The EC dial is fine, and works for me, but if you want to shoot in manual mode the camera as it stands leaves a lot to be desired. The shutter speed change is a welcome addition, and will significantly improve useability.

Personally I'd go for the mock up but then neither compares with the Olympus E-M1 or E-M5, both are far better designed bodies, I wish Fuji would concentrate on an X-E3 if there is to be one, general consensus says no, X-E2 is the end of that short lived but very good line.  We even have to ask the question as to whether there will be an X-Pro 2 or is Fuji placing all it's eggs into the SLR format, a major mistake in my eyes.

They got the Range-finder style spot on with X-Pro, backed it up with X-E, the near perfect pair, perfecting the format with each step forward, while Olympus and Panasonic failed to get right, for me.  At the same time Olympus with the E-M's has the SLR style spot on, Fuji will chase that for a long time before catching them up, if ever.  So please, please, please Fuji stick with the Range finder style, and don't forget what brought you back into the game.

I wish Fuji would concentrate on an X-E3 if there is to be one, general consensus says no, X-E2 is the end of that short lived but very good line. We even have to ask the question as to whether there will be an X-Pro 2 or is Fuji placing all it's eggs into the SLR format, a major mistake in my eyes.

Of course there will be an X Pro 2, it will be announced late 2015. The XE2 is still a key platform for Fuji, it will receive selected aspects of Firmware 4.0 later in the year, and there will be an XE3. Ultimately the lineup will be:

SLR style - X-T1 and X-T10

Rangefinder style - X Pro2 XE2 XA2

Advanced Compact - X100T and X30

This way they maintain an entry and enthusiast body in each market, with the X Pro an extra for the rangefinder style, but really should be a separate product category, as Fuji views it as the flagship for the X Series.

It's just what we're used to. But nothing to be done about it now! -_-

Not really concerned with it anymore honestly, seems like an awesome little machine with all the speed, good controls, and a fine EVF, but without the high price of the X-T1.

When we're complaining about the little things it just shows how much they did right. :P

I'll just pretend it's a Canon FT.

1966_ftql.jpg

I had one of those.  FTb to be precise.

Guest H Routt

I think that the price point will attract many people who want to spend less on a camera body and then they very possibly will do what I did after I got the X-T1, buy lots of lenses. Also many photographers shooting X-T1 might buy it for a backup.

Of course there will be an X Pro 2, it will be announced late 2015. The XE2 is still a key platform for Fuji, it will receive selected aspects of Firmware 4.0 later in the year, and there will be an XE3. Ultimately the lineup will be:

SLR style - X-T1 and X-T10

Rangefinder style - X Pro2 XE2 XA2

Advanced Compact - X100T and X30

This way they maintain an entry and enthusiast body in each market, with the X Pro an extra for the rangefinder style, but really should be a separate product category, as Fuji views it as the flagship for the X Series.

I sincerely hope you are correct Antony but that is not in keeping with the thought's of some Fuji main dealers who are of the opinion that XE will be no more after Fuji cease production of the XE-2. if they have not already done so.

• 4 weeks later...