xt1 versus xt10

antonio

i was going to buy xt1body to pair with xpro1, but as long as I heard about xt10 approaching...hhuumm., I believe it will be the same camera without weather-sealed body (that Idont need) , as good as but cheapper,  Iam I wrong..?

the x-t1 has additional direct controls which may not be needed by everyone.

Guest FabianVienna

I also thought about buying a XT1 but the cheaper price and the smaller size of the XT10 is much more suited for my needs. I compared the two cameras buy their technical details but what about the Firmware upgrades. Will it get the same treatment as the XT1 or not so much upgrades like the XE series?

If there is a a major firmware upgrade the XT1 will definitely get it and that might makes me want to buy the XT1...

The EVF is the same resolution, but smaller than the X-T1. It will be a LOT better than your X-Pro 1. The buffer of the X-T10 is the big difference between the cameras. It's a lot smaller than the X-T1, and the camera can't take the new faster cards. This means that if you need to shoot fast the X-T10 won't cut it.

I used the X-T10 today and there was absolutely no difference in low light EVF performance compared to the X-T1. If naything, by virtue of everything being crammed into a smaller space, it was actually nicer to use when I pointed it towards a dark space. Obviously you don't see details as large, but the tighter spacing completely removes every hint of lag and flicker.

For those who have tried it how good\bad is the buffer on the xt10. That and how a larger lens balances on it are the only concerns for me.

I came from a Nikon full frame 70-200mm set up and tracking and speed are the only things I miss. Otherwise for all my other work I love the Fuji set up ( the glass is something vvv special). Now deciding on a xt but which one to compliment my xpro and XE and x100.

Appreciate any feedback

Buffer: usable if you shoot .JPG and the slower burst speed. Useless if you use raw and the highest continuous burst speed. You'll get just under one second. When I used the camera I tried it set to raw and shot normally (not continuous burst, but still taking frames fairly rapidly) and I ran the buffer down in about 8 or 9 shots. That's good enough for how I typically shoot, but if speed is important to you, the X-T1 completely smashes it as far as buffer depth goes. But even then, if you're looking for something which is very fast, tracks well and has a large buffer, honestly you should go pick up a DSLR to have as your sports/wildlife/action/whatever camera. My X-T1 doesn't feel slow, but I still keep a Canon 7D for wildlife because even the fastest mirrorless still isn't quite as fast as the fastest DSLRs. I think the X-T2 will probably be when mirrorless finally catches up in speed.

Balance: I'm used to very unbalanced cameras (a 1D X with small primes and a 7D with gigantic telephotos), so it's a little hard for me to judge how it will feel for other people. The X-T10 felt lighter than the X-E cameras. To me, the 14mm, 18mm, 27mm, 35mm and 60mm hardly feel any different to handling the camera with no lens on at all. The 18-55mm feels like a 'normal' fit. The 16mm, 23mm and 56mm out-weigh the X-T10. I was happy handling them on it, but other people may find those lenses just a little bit awkward. The 50-140mm is so much larger and heavier than the X-T10, putting the X-T10 on it barely affects the feel; you might as well just be holding the lens on its own. So I would not say there is any lens which feels bad with the X-T10, but it certainly can feel odd if you switch between lenses and with one lens it's front-heavy and the other it's back-heavy. There's less of a difference with the X-T1, which feels the same with all lenses except the 50-140.