359 replies to this topic

#341 Renaud Henry

Renaud Henry

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 01 September 2017 - 01:25 PM

Advertisement (Gone after free registration)

Hello,

My name is Renaud from France.

I have been a Nikon User since 1989. My first serious shots were when I moved to  England to get my degree in 1992-1993.

My first fuji camera is a used x pro-1 that I use at the moment  with my nikkor prime lenses.

I also use a Bronica sq equipement ans a Toyo 5x4 camera.

I still print my own negatives in a darkroom.

X pro -1 seems to me a way to shoot with an affordable " leica like " camera .

• m0n0 likes this

#342 Aximi 62

Aximi 62

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationRome

Posted 03 September 2017 - 03:49 PM

Hi, my name is Massimo and I live in Rome since 54 years  :( !!

Last July I decided to go with a different way to take photo after many years of Nikon (FM2, D90, D7100, together with several lens).

I was very happy to start with a X-Pro2 plus 35 f/2 and 23 f/2 and for the moment I won't sell my Nikon set.

I love to take photo during my summer trip and to organize, use Lightroom and print them during the winter time.

I'm very proud to introduce myself in this forum. ;) 

See you! 

#343 dogleg79

dogleg79

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 11:25 PM

Hi All, my name is Terry and I live in Kent, England.

Edited by dogleg79, 16 September 2017 - 06:14 PM.

#344 Ianw

Ianw

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 11:34 PM

I'm Ian
I'm a longtime amateur and currently use an x-pro2 and x30. I have previously owned an x100s ,x100f, xt20, x-e2, and x20.
Back in the film era I was a dedicated Leica M user.

Inshoot all kinds of subjects

#345 photobob

photobob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationAll over, Full time Nomad

Posted 12 November 2017 - 05:23 AM

Im Photobob,

Retired pro photographer 1990's and retired from my other business in 2016.

My wife and I just became "FullTimers" in our 30' Class "A" motorhome.

I just adopted the Fujifilm X-T2 and am building a basic system to replace my Pentax K-3 and those heavy DA* lenses.

I was a Pentax shooter since film days but could no longer carry the load.

I chose Fujifilm over the Sony 6500 because of build quality and the overall performance of the lenses.

I have reclaimed my amateur status and photograph almost everything. I shoot what catches my eye.

Since my wife likes to travel, most of my images, of late, have been of distant places.

I have done fairly well in international photo competitions, but I don't consider myself an artist. Just one who seizes visual opportunities. 

Looking forward to learning & sharing with other Fujifilm users.

Bob 

#346 Critical Mass

Critical Mass

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 November 2017 - 12:23 PM

Well- I’ve bitten the bullet this week. The Nikon D7100 has gone, as have several lenses, flash etc. In its place is a Fuji X-T20 with XF 18-55 and XF 35mm f2 lenses.

I was very tempted by the X-T2 and also with both XF 16-55 and XF18-135 lenses- in some ways the X-T 2 is better handling. However with these options you start getting back to a sizeable piece of kit- which rather defeats the object of the exercise.

I’ve kept my Nikon 50mm f1.8 and 85mm f1.8 lenses - they work with my Nikon FE and I can get an adapter to allow them to work with the Fuji. That should keep me going until I can afford the (rather tasty) XF 90mm.

Really looking forward to being part of the Fuji community...

#347 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 November 2017 - 04:10 PM

Hi

I am a lens engineer for a cine rental house and just bought a XT20 yesterday. I am looking forward to being able to use this camera properly ( getting my head around the dials/buttons ) with all its array of possible settings. I Hope to learn a lot from this forum too.

#348 Dougie

Dougie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationWest Lothian

Posted 21 December 2017 - 09:15 PM

Hi all, Dougie from West Lothian, Scotland. Photography my passion and stress reliever. Long time Canon user, but bought an X-T10 with 16-55mm, discovering it is an amazing camera. Hope to get adding some images soon as. 

#349 Amost2m

Amost2m

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 December 2017 - 06:56 PM

Hi All,

I'm Amos from Malaysia. I recently got the X-T1, I luv taking Landscape pictures. I'm now trying to do Long Exporsure on the camera and finding it stuff.

Anyone will to me so tips ? Thanks and merry Christmas 

#350 Thea

Thea

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 10:30 AM

Hi, my name is Thea. Although I have been taking photographs for many years, starting out on film, I have only just acquired a Fujifilm X100F, a camera I’ve wanted ever since it first came out. It is very different from anything else I’ve ever used and I feel like a complete novice all over again. I want to use the manual mode but am finding it difficult to get the focus spot on so any hints on the subject would be extremely welcome. Thanks, and looking forward to scrolling through some of your photos.
  • Him likes this

#351 bergat

bergat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 10:30 PM

Hi

My name is bergat and I live at Rome Italy. I am a fan of Fuji products, and I owe a X100 and X-T1 with 18-55 and 10-24 zoom.

I am 67 year old but I have yhe hobby of photography since 1968 with nikon products, without habe ever been o professionist. Actually Nikon is loosing its appeal and I arrived to fuji.

I will continue to buy other lens. I will wait for new products fuji with the new 32 Mpixel sensor. I think they shall see the light at the end of2018.

#352 Javed

Javed

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 January 2018 - 09:03 AM

Hi,

I am Javed Miandad. I am currently living in Alaska but originally from Bangladesh. I bought a FUJI XM1 two years back and still using it. I was a canon user and now planning to switch all my gear to fuji. Trying to save some money to buy fuji xt2. I have rokinon 12mm, 27mm, and old Nikkor 50mm with my fuji. I just love the awesome colors that fuji produces. Some of my photographs can be found at https://www.flickr.com/photos/javed09/flickr and in jmiandad.com.

#353 GaryHutcherson

GaryHutcherson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationStevenage, England

Posted 19 January 2018 - 11:52 AM

Hi, my name is Gary. 

I live in Stevenage, England (just outside of London)

Recently i brought a Fuji X-T1 to try out. I've read and seen lots of positive things about the Fuji mirrorless range so i thought i'd give it a go. Just need to buy some lenses now.

I also have a Nikon D7100 and lenses, so have brought a cheap converter just so i can start shooting with my X-T1.

I'm really happy to shoot anything, but mainly architecture, wildlife and trying to get into portraiture/people a little more.

My work can be found at https://www.flickr.c.../22396044@N08/ 

Thanks for having me.

#354 John Warren

John Warren

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationMississauga, Ontario Canada

Posted 19 January 2018 - 07:09 PM

Hi,

My name is John Warren and I live in Mississauga, Ontario Canada. I have been shooting with Nikon for forty years and will be dumping all my Nikon gear real soon and picking up the X-T2 and a few lenses. I figured that this would be a great place to learn more about the Fuji system before I buy into it. I shoot mostly sports and right now I shoot a lot of hockey and after seeing some hockey photos posted, I have to say that I am quite impressed how the X-T2 handles the higher ISO settings.

#355 Manxmaid

Manxmaid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationIsle of Man, British Isles

Posted 29 January 2018 - 02:33 AM

Hi,

I am new to the forum and fairly new to Fuji, having bought my X-T2 and some lenses in October last year. Previously I was a long-time Nikon user but the image quality and smaller and lighter body and lenses were a big attraction and I have not regretted the purchases.

I live in the beautiful Isle of Man, which is the island in the middle of the Irish Sea and probably best known for tail-less Manx cats and the TT road races for motorcycles. It is a wind-blown place for much of the year, but with a mountain, glens, beaches, villages and lots of open countryside it is a peaceful and photogenic place to live.

Looking forward to getting involved here  :) 

X-T2 / 10-24mm / 35mm f2 /18-55mm / 55-200mm

My Flickr

#356 brianv

brianv

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 06:30 PM

My name is Brian and I live in the Central Valley of California. I'm quite new to Fuji cameras but not to photography. For those curious I have an XT-20 with a few lenses. I opened my account last week.

#357 FujiJW

FujiJW

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 February 2018 - 03:03 PM

Hello!

My name is Jacob. I live (born and raised) in Austin Texas and I've been photographing weddings for nearly a decade now. 

I used Canon up until this past October when I got my Fuji Xpro 2. I am impressed to say the least and am looking forward to all of the learning I will surely do.

It's great to find such an extensive amount of information in one place and I am happy to be here.

#358 tynanconnors

tynanconnors

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Locationmassachusetts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 02:51 AM

Hey all, my name is Tynan. I am a high school sophomore from the state of Massachusetts. 

I have been taking pictures since I was 4 or so, thanks to a really cool grandparent. Ever since then I have been in love with clean, in camera photography, and the tactile feel of it all. 

About a year ago I started to devote myself to stills more so than video, which I was very into, and bought myself an XT-10 body. With a couple of vintage lenses (party due to their beautiful quirks and qualities, and partly because I can't be asked to buy even a kit lens for the XT-10) I have been honing my craft in a variety of photography subjects. 

Just sold my Nikon D3300 tonight, thinking of replacing it soon though, just because the video quality of the XT-10 isn't quite enough to do it all for me. 

Either way, glad to be here, you can see a sample of my work on Instagram (@tynanconnors) if you would like, as my website is still in the process of being built. 

Thank you all! 

https://www.instagra...m/tynanconnors/

#359 Dazzer

Dazzer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationDEVON

Posted 18 February 2018 - 04:17 PM

Hi

Taken with Fuji 100-400 

Attached File  DSCF5780.jpg   36.88KB   1 downloads

• Patrick FR likes this

#360 Dazzer

Dazzer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationDEVON

Posted 18 February 2018 - 04:20 PM

Hi

My name is Terry not long into Fuji system changed over from Canon can't believe how sharp the lenses are 

and the speed of focussing and tracking on the XT2