• Please log in to reply
331 replies to this topic

#321 DanielaWhite images

DanielaWhite images

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 09:29 AM

Advertisement (Gone after free registration)

Hi, I  am Daniela from Rome, Italy but live in the UK.  I started my photography with a little fuji S5pro and followed up with a Nikon D300S  which I still have. I have now just bought myself a fuji x-T2 with a kit lens (more lenses to follow) as my Nikon DSLR has become a bit too heavy to take with me on my travels at cause of  health problems. So I am back to Fuji which I do love as it is light to carry.

Unfortunately the new camera its a bit complicated and did not come with a user info booklet, I have now just managed to download one and will start the learning process.

I do Stock photography for Getty Images and other agencies like Alamy, Dreamstime etc. I also enjoy travel , architectural , nature and wildlife photography.  I have taken the T2 on her first trip to Croatia, Bosnia and Montenegro with two 32gb SD cards. Alas at the end of the journey the first card started to display reader error so I switched to the second card. When at home I tried to download the images to my PC but  the first  card tells me to format the card (i am not stupid so im not doing that as I will loose all the images, that I can still see are definitely there on playback). I have obviously done something wrong. The second card downloaded without any problems.

What can I do now to retrieve all my work? At the suggestion of a friend I downloaded the Fuji remote app on my iphone but have not managed to connect to the camera . What else can I do? The camera came without leads so I cannot connect her directly to the pc.  I hope that you will forgive me my ignorance, I am a newby with this camera and i am trying to learn the ropes.

Any help /advice appreciated

D White

Edited by DanielaWhite images, 18 April 2017 - 10:56 AM.

#322 wolfgang-s

wolfgang-s

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 08:12 PM

Hi, I'm Wolfgang from Germany. I like street photography, especially with my X-Pro 1 and the 27 mm lens, but I try to shoot other things, too.

#323 Mike G

Mike G

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 442 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 25 April 2017 - 03:09 PM

Hi, I am Daniela from Rome, Italy but live in the UK. I started my photography with a little fuji S5pro and followed up with a Nikon D300S which I still have. I have now just bought myself a fuji x-T2 with a kit lens (more lenses to follow) as my Nikon DSLR has become a bit too heavy to take with me on my travels at cause of health problems. So I am back to Fuji which I do love as it is light to carry.

Unfortunately the new camera its a bit complicated and did not come with a user info booklet, I have now just managed to download one and will start the learning process.

I do Stock photography for Getty Images and other agencies like Alamy, Dreamstime etc. I also enjoy travel , architectural , nature and wildlife photography. I have taken the T2 on her first trip to Croatia, Bosnia and Montenegro with two 32gb SD cards. Alas at the end of the journey the first card started to display reader error so I switched to the second card. When at home I tried to download the images to my PC but the first card tells me to format the card (i am not stupid so im not doing that as I will loose all the images, that I can still see are definitely there on playback). I have obviously done something wrong. The second card downloaded without any problems.

What can I do now to retrieve all my work? At the suggestion of a friend I downloaded the Fuji remote app on my iphone but have not managed to connect to the camera . What else can I do? The camera came without leads so I cannot connect her directly to the pc. I hope that you will forgive me my ignorance, I am a newby with this camera and i am trying to learn the ropes.

D White

Daniela, the best way to download your images is via a USB card reader! Lexar UHS 11 cards include free a fast SD card reader. Both Sandisk and Lexar give free access to card rescue software, or google image rescue to get more options!

Fuji do not include a lead suitable to conncect to a computer, again a suitable cable is cheaply available on Amazon! Mine was originally for a Blackberry phone and works well! But I reckon downloading via a card reader is the best bet!

Also I would not recommend buying cheap SD cards, you get what you pay for, don't forget buy cheap - buy twice! You can download a manual from Fujifilm.co.uk

Edited by Mike G, 25 April 2017 - 03:14 PM.

#324 pppettterrr

pppettterrr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 10:12 AM

Hi, i am Peter and i live in The Netherlands.

I am using Fuji XT1 for about 2 years now, before that period i was using a Panasonic FZ50.

Today i own the following Fuji lenses:
18 - 55 mm
10 - 24 mm
50 - 140 mm
100 - 400 mm

I am very happy with the quality of Fuji and i like the firmware upgrades.

If you have questions don't hesitate to asked me, best regards,

Peter

Edited by pppettterrr, 14 May 2017 - 08:44 PM.

#325 Guest_Robert Lane_*

Guest_Robert Lane_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 May 2017 - 01:19 AM

Hello from Sunny Scottsdale.

I'm a new - as in just purchased my X-T2 yesterday - convert.

My professional career started in the mid-80's as a commercial print & fashion shooter and at one point I had at least 5 different film-based systems including a Contax 645.

While my most-used film system was Nikon (F3HP and later F5) my most-loved camera was the Canon F1-n, and the killer 85mm f/1.2.  While I did use the EOS system later I never fully liked it and often dumped my EOS 1n for my FD-mount F1 instead.

And that's partly why I became a Fuji convert: My new X-T2 looks and feels similar to the F1-n. Of course it's physically smaller and lighter, but the aesthetic is *damned* close.  And having old-school manual controls on top like the film cameras of old... yeah, that pretty much had me at "hello".

But pining for the good-ol-days wasn't the primary reason for making the switch, it was the gorgeous natural color that the "X" sensor creates.  And being the *only* non-bayer-type sensor camera system currently on the market is a big deal.  As far as I'm concerned Canon and Nikon are going in the totally wrong direction:  More pixels but the same-old sensor technology and not attempting to create better color on-chip.

In fact, the best digital color I've ever seen from any DSLR was on the Sigma that had the Foveon sensor.  Fuji's X-sensor isn't the Foveon, but it's way better than Bayer!

While I still shoot stills for my client gigs my primary role since the mid-90's is that of commercial film producer, and that's one of the primary reasons I jumped on the X-T2.  The 4K footage with the X-sensor is just gorgeous.

My hope is that Fuji will follow Panasonic and soon offer 10-bit 4:2:2 color and at higher bitrates (there is a big, noticeable different in post-production between 8 and 10-bit), but I'm confident it will happen since Fuji is so aggressively updating their firmware far more than any other company.

And what am I rigging my X-T2 with?  The vertical grip, a Novoflex OM-to-Fuji adapter (all my lenses will be Olympus OM to start) and a PL-to-Fuji adapter so I can use the cinema primes and zooms we use for our flmmaking.

Cheers to all!

UPDATE:  After testing the OM lenses I selected I'm changing up to a Nikon and Contax lens system instead.  I'll share results when everything comes in and I'm shooting.

Edited by Robert Lane, 26 May 2017 - 11:02 PM.

#326 photogRAFer

photogRAFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationSt.Neots, Cambridgeshire

Posted 19 May 2017 - 06:55 PM

Hi everyone,

Another UK based Fuji user for you.

I have used Fujifilm cameras for several years. In 2013 I was diagnosed with PTSD following military service in the RAF, and as a way of alleviating some of the symptoms, I threw myself into photography big time.

Unfortunately, Fuji no longer had a DSLR for me to buy, so I went to the dark side.............Nikon!

However, two weeks ago, I took the plunge, and after much homework and stress I returned to Fuji, selling ALL my Nikon DSLR kit, and Tamron lenses, and I bought the fantastic X-T2.

I love it, and it will get more use than any camera, Fuji or not, that I have used before. All I need now is the 35mm F2.................it's on my list.

I look forward to chatting with you all, and learning more as time goes on.

Thanks guys.

John

Take nothing but photographs, leave nothing but footprints.

#327 mcdesign

mcdesign

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationNew South Wales, Australia

Posted 31 May 2017 - 06:32 AM

Hi to you all, I was on the previous Fuji X Forum but my login details don't work for this one, I have been absent for some while due to illness and I seem to have missed a lot of what is going on! I will put what equipment I use in my signature. 

I am in NSW Australia on the Mid North Coast, I shoot exclusively with Fuji now but previously with Nikon. It was a good move and I probably have all the lenses and equipment that I need.

My main interest is Landscape/seascape, the night sky, birds and macro, I kept my Tamron 90mm and Sigma 180mm from the Nikon system and use a Metabones adaptor on the Fuji.

I look forward to meeting you all in the forums and viewing your work.

Margaret

Gear, Fuji XT1, Samyang 12mm, Fuji 14mm, 18-135mm, 55-200mm, 100-400mm, Tamron 90mm macro, Sigma180mm macro, Metabones adaptor, remote trigger, 2 Manfrotto tripods, ball head and gymbal head.

#328 mcdesign

mcdesign

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationNew South Wales, Australia

Posted 31 May 2017 - 06:45 AM

Hi, I  am Daniela from Rome, Italy but live in the UK.  I started my photography with a little fuji S5pro and followed up with a Nikon D300S  which I still have. I have now just bought myself a fuji x-T2 with a kit lens (more lenses to follow) as my Nikon DSLR has become a bit too heavy to take with me on my travels at cause of  health problems. So I am back to Fuji which I do love as it is light to carry.

I do Stock photography for Getty Images and other agencies like Alamy, Dreamstime etc. I also enjoy travel , architectural , nature and wildlife photography.  I have taken the T2 on her first trip to Croatia, Bosnia and Montenegro with two 32gb SD cards. Alas at the end of the journey the first card started to display reader error so I switched to the second card. When at home I tried to download the images to my PC but  the first  card tells me to format the card (i am not stupid so im not doing that as I will loose all the images, that I can still see are definitely there on playback). I have obviously done something wrong. The second card downloaded without any problems.

What can I do now to retrieve all my work? At the suggestion of a friend I downloaded the Fuji remote app on my iphone but have not managed to connect to the camera . What else can I do? The camera came without leads so I cannot connect her directly to the pc.  I hope that you will forgive me my ignorance, I am a newby with this camera and i am trying to learn the ropes.

D White

Hi Daniela, if the card is a Sandisk, there is recovery software that you can download to recover your files, https://kb.sandisk.c...nd-flash-drives. Hope this helps.

Margaret

Gear, Fuji XT1, Samyang 12mm, Fuji 14mm, 18-135mm, 55-200mm, 100-400mm, Tamron 90mm macro, Sigma180mm macro, Metabones adaptor, remote trigger, 2 Manfrotto tripods, ball head and gymbal head.

#329 DavidPT

DavidPT

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationOhio, USA

Posted 02 June 2017 - 05:19 PM

David T here, bought a used XM-1 last year and just recently added a second (!) lens, the affordable XC 50-230 zoom.

I'm pretty active on instagram, shooting on there almost exclusively with iPhones over the years, but that re-ignited my love for photography, so I searched for an affordable way to up my game and landed on Fujifilm! Back in the day, I shot Canon AE-1 and have had several other Canon cameras since then, but I am really enjoying this new-to-me mirrorless world!

Attached Files

Edited by DavidPT, 03 June 2017 - 11:50 AM.

Amateur XM-1 user and iphone, too. instagram Flickr Tumblr

#330 MrL

MrL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 10:55 PM

Hello!

I'm in the UK and have had a fujifilm camera of one sort or another since about 2000; also shoot Fujifilm in my film cameras (Olympus OM-1 and Pentax SV) for colour work.

Been shooting an X100T for a little while; so impressed that come time to upgrade my old faithful Nikon D300S, the XT-2 was the obvious choice.  X100T goes almost everywhere with me but sometimes i just need a longer / zoom lens and I generally prefer the SLR-style viewfinder (mostly use the EVF on X100T).

Got a bunch of lenses to go with it and impressed with build quality and image quality so far! (despite one or two small issues).  Generally prefer prime lenses but have gone for a couple of the f2.8 zooms to try something different this time.

Generally shoot a range of subjects but mostly portraits, although have done some oddball projects that have been a lot of fun.  Not looking to set the world on fire but to make some great images for myself.

Wanting to get the most out of the sensor, as I find the files a little different to work with compared to the older 16mp in the X100T, so have joined up mostly to spy what others are up to!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Too many old cameras!!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#331 malsalah

malsalah

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 02:35 PM

Hi All...My name is Mark from Michigan USA.  I am a wedding and portrait photographer using Nikon equipment for many years. I recently purchased a Fuji Xt-1 and looking at the Xt-2.  Also got a 35mm f1.4 and the kit lens that came with the XT-1.  Don't know about the flashes yet but my search telling me the Nissin flashes are okay and I just found out that Godox will be coming out with flashes for Fuji soon.  I am now playing with it  and exploring them...who knows....I might make a switch once confirm good flashes to use on my weddings and try the right lenses.  looking forward to gain more knowledge about Fuji x system.   Oh...I sold the Sony A7 and Sony A6000 after few months of playing with hem.

#332 pancake

pancake

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 10:42 PM

Hi,

I'm Andy and I live in Oakland and work at Pixar in their camera and staging dept. I've just switched from Canon to Fuji and am in the processing of learning my new X-T2. Love it so far. This is my Instagram.

Look forward to chiming in on the forum.

Andy